Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

Home console and handheld gaming comes together for Nintendo's next system! The NX is now officially called Nintendo Switch! Mario Kart, a 3D Mario platformer, a basket ball game, skyrim and splatoon are confirmed games for it.

The console is still due out on March 2017.

Here is some images of the console and connected partners:

full

full

Last edited:
As much as I was skeptical about the hybrid thing, I like this. Seems pretty convenient to use, and the marketing/branding is actually somewhat decent this time around (since Wii isn't in the name and the Miis seem to be gone in general). That 3D Mario game looks good too, as does Breath of the Wild in general.

So yeah, I'm excited for this one.

Let's hope the price isn't too high and that it doesn't get damaged the more you slide the controller thingies.

Honestly I'm torn on it. I will say I am glad they abandoned that stupid name they used for the 7th and 8th gen. I mean Switch isn't great, but it at least makes more sense. It looks interesting but there's a lot more info I want first...

Does it play the previous console games? Either digital or discs I have from the U?
Since it uses cartridges, will it have compatibility with the 3DS? (Will it cannibalize the 3DS?) And what kind of capacities will those cards have?
They made a big deal about amiibos... but will they be supported too?
What kind of battery life does it have when in mobile form?
How durable are the detachable paddle things? Can they be locked in place somehow?

And what kind of 3rd party will it actually have? I mean 3rd party support for Nintendo has been pretty tough. The U had a smattering of support at first (which were largely ports of years old titles from the PS3/360) but then it very quickly dried up once the PS4/XB1 showed up.
Finally, what kind of cost are we talking here?

So while I think it looks neat, I'm going to hold off on picking it up.

This does look like a nice console with good games.

I think the two removable controller would get lost pretty easily like remote controls and Wiimotes.

I would prefer the two controller to be attached with a case or vice like the Wikipad Gamevice.

I'm pretty excited for this, actually. I'm excited for some of the games that come out for it, however, I am still holding out hope that they'll make a Luigi's Mansion for this console.

I'm pretty excited for this, actually. I'm excited for some of the games that come out for it, however, I am still holding out hope that they'll make a Luigi's Mansion for this console.

There's a credible rumour that one is in development and coming out for the system. So your wish may well come true.

As much as I was skeptical about the hybrid thing, I like this. Seems pretty convenient to use, and the marketing/branding is actually somewhat decent this time around (since Wii isn't in the name and the Miis seem to be gone in general). That 3D Mario game looks good too, as does Breath of the Wild in general.

So yeah, I'm excited for this one.

I was curious how you would take this since you were against the hybrid at first. Everything looks good which at this point Nintendo should reach the standard that all games look good but are now mobile.

Let's hope the price isn't too high and that it doesn't get damaged the more you slide the controller thingies.

I think I posted a rumor not long ago about the price being between 299-400 dollars USD. Which isn't too bad.

Honestly I'm torn on it. I will say I am glad they abandoned that stupid name they used for the 7th and 8th gen. I mean Switch isn't great, but it at least makes more sense. It looks interesting but there's a lot more info I want first...

Does it play the previous console games? Either digital or discs I have from the U?
Since it uses cartridges, will it have compatibility with the 3DS? (Will it cannibalize the 3DS?) And what kind of capacities will those cards have?
They made a big deal about amiibos... but will they be supported too?
What kind of battery life does it have when in mobile form?
How durable are the detachable paddle things? Can they be locked in place somehow?

And what kind of 3rd party will it actually have? I mean 3rd party support for Nintendo has been pretty tough. The U had a smattering of support at first (which were largely ports of years old titles from the PS3/360) but then it very quickly dried up once the PS4/XB1 showed up.
Finally, what kind of cost are we talking here?

So while I think it looks neat, I'm going to hold off on picking it up.

I know if my grandpas were still around, they would ask why a game company is selling butt swatting tree branches :p

It was confirmed on IGN that amiibos are still going to work.

I posted an image of some 3rd party support, hard to say how much will come from it though. Seems like any other details Nintendo will announce later on.

This does look like a nice console with good games.

I think the two removable controller would get lost pretty easily like remote controls and Wiimotes.

I would prefer the two controller to be attached with a case or vice like the Wikipad Gamevice.

Yeah, hopefully Nintendo will sell replacements, they will be lost, stolen, or destroyed.

I hope so as well.

So kind of did a huge quoting session above, so here is my thoughts on this.

I'm really glad that their console and handhelds are one. Right now my Wii U and N3DS (which the n3ds clearly ended up being a waste of money), are covered in dust. Granted I don't have much gaming time, but there isn't anything I feel I must get and being split on consoles doesn't help.

Nintendo is not powerhouse like Sony or MS, so it makes sense for them to make this movie with mobility while still retaining respectful graphics. As long as they keep 60FPS on their games, all will be happy.

I won't be getting the Switch right away, which the name is meh but could be worse. I could see myself getting this by 2018 or maybe a little sooner pending on games (a brand new smash bros).

Sceptical if it will work out well. It needs to be very durable for it to work well. The success will also depend on the console power if they want to attract those third party developers to keep making games for the system. Got to give Nintendo credit though for always innovating and trying new things with their system.

Sceptical if it will work out well. It needs to be very durable for it to work well. The success will also depend on the console power if they want to attract those third party developers to keep making games for the system. Got to give Nintendo credit though for always innovating and trying new things with their system.

nothing really new here though, it's more like a gaming focus tablet really if you think about it.

The rumored price is $299 but they will have a crap load of accessories for it. I think that is obvious. I am excited. I haven't gotten a Nintendo console since Gamecube. I chose the 360 over the Wii and moved to PC after that but I will be getting this one. Super excited for a new Zelda but I am hoping for a new Star Fox game.

I don't have anything from Wii U, never owned it but I would like to think they would allow something for people who do. At the very least for newer releases that were downloaded.
It just wouldn't be backward compatible. If there is Wii U VC, we will be able to play Wii U digital games on it.

Yeah, hopefully Nintendo will sell replacements, they will be lost, stolen, or destroyed.

I'm sure they will sell replacements. Hopefully, there is an option to only buy the left or right controller sort of like how you can buy the Wiimote without the optional nun-chuck joystick controller.

I also hope the controllers won't cost $60 because they seem kind of small and basic, and not worth the high price of $60.

I'm sure they will sell replacements. Hopefully, there is an option to only buy the left or right controller sort of like how you can buy the Wiimote without the optional nun-chuck joystick controller.

I also hope the controllers won't cost $60 because they seem kind of small and basic, and not worth the high price of $60.

I bet replacements will run roughly 20-30 dollars.

There's a credible rumour that one is in development and coming out for the system. So your wish may well come true.

Yea, I'm so happy! :cool:

Like Demon_Skeith, I probably won't get this when it first comes out. It'll probably be my birthday at the earliest before I see one (which is in July). If not then, then it'll probably be Christmas. I hope that by the time I get one, that I'll see the Luigi's Mansion game that is rumored for this console or I they will have announced it at the very least.

Back