Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
What is giving the recent rumors and suggestions the middle finger, Nintendo has announced they will release their next console which is still codenamed NX, in March 2017.

When asked why Nintendo wasn’t launching their NX console in time for this year’s big holiday season, Kimishima explained that Nintendo wanted to make sure there were games to go along with the NX.

When the Nikkei asked Kimishima what the likelihood that Wii U production would end, the Nintendo president replied, “Since we are making a big shift to the NX, there is that possibility (in the future).”

Wii U sales are pretty low nowadays, so wouldn't be surprised if the end production before the release of NX. I'm surprised they are waiting that long, nearly a whole year. Doesn't give Nintendo fans much to be excited for this year, what with Zelda also being delayed.

Wii U sales are pretty low nowadays, so wouldn't be surprised if the end production before the release of NX. I'm surprised they are waiting that long, nearly a whole year. Doesn't give Nintendo fans much to be excited for this year, what with Zelda also being delayed.

there is nothing on Nintendo's release window but a few meager titles. Only their VC and what is announced at E3 will keep them afloat. Its a shame really but if it wasn't for the strong online games, the Wii U be a dust collector.

I also question the march release, specially with Sony and MS gearing up for new hardware releases. I hope the games Nintendo is talking about are fan wanted heavy hitters.

Back