Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
At E3 when asked how Nintendo NX will stack up against Sony and Microsoft's forthcoming hardware revisions PlayStation 4 NEO (PS4.5) and Xbox One Scorpio. Fils-Aime told Bloomberg (via Nibel):
"For us, it's not about specs, it's not about teraflops, it's not about the horsepower of a particular system. For us, it's about the content."

Fils-Aime continued: "We're focused on bringing our best entertainment to both the Wii U as well as the NX in the future. So for us, whatever Microsoft and Sony are doing in terms of talking about new systems, that's for them to fight out in that red ocean."

Nintendo opted against revealing its new console at this year's E3, but plans to share more about NX later this year. Company president Tatsumi Kimishima has made it clear NX won't be a "pure replacement for the Wii U" and will instead offer a "new way of playing games" when it launches in March 2017.

That's Nintendo's way of saying they intend to continue going on the path of light consoles and video games, just like they've always done.

Yep, this is nothing new. Nintendo's draw has always been its first party games and honestly, they don't really require amazing specs. Furthermore, Nintendo always knows how to get the most out of their own console. Mario Kart 8 is a gorgeous game that runs at 60 frames per second. There are games on PS4 and XBoxOne that have trouble running at 60. As long as the games play well, specs do not matter to me at all.

Hopefully, there would be more games for teen and adult gamers who enjoy more mature games like Call of Duty, Metal Gear Solid, Grand Theft Auto 5, and Watch Dogs.

It's been several years since Nintendo stepped back from the graphic Power console wars. Their market strategy has been successful with the Nintendo Wii, but not so much with the WiiU since third party companies have grown so much and Nintendo
just can't hope to sell well with only their own games. I think that Nx came up with this in mind, to be a more attractive platform
for third parties. Or maybe Nx is going to bring a new playable concept to the table, a console that at last will unify handheld and
desktop console.

This time their strategy is Red-ocean after the successful blue ocean strategy that did wonders (AKA the Wii and the DS)
I think it's justified, I don't want them to be another hardware creator, I want them to do something different.
Bumping up the specs only will be never enough to come into relevance as Sony and Microsoft has already won that game.

You brought up a good point. There was on game producer that had a racing game on PS4 and ONE. It sold well and they were going to bring it over to the WiiU. But guess what? They couldn't do it because the WiiU hardware was too inferior and did not do the game justice especially compared to PS4 and ONE.

Perfect example of why Nintendo will not gain much ground or favor in the console side of things. They should just hang it up and move to handhelds permanently.
Yeah that was pProject CARS if I remember correctly. They don't need to blow Xbox One and PS4 out of the water, but at least be on par.

Back