Pokémon GO

I don't think there is anything inherently "bad" about the game. It just seems to receive a lot of hate, as big and popular trends usually do. But it seems to have died down in the past few months, I mean, I don't think there is a single person I know who plays it whereas when it first came out, most of my friends were walking around town starting at their phones like idiots.

During its prime it was probably one of the most successful mobile games to ever exist though. The media publicized it so heavily that everyone ended up playing it and it was for a long time as talked about as Fidget Spinners or Trump is today. It did a lot of good too, some kids made money with those cool drink stands near hotspots and there was all that craze about getting kids out of the house and active.

The developers must have spent years planning this whole thing and it clearly paid off. Kudos to them.

I thought it was terrible for a Pokemon game. I had a lot of hopes for this game but it didn't live up to the hype for me, not even close. There's no real time battle so you don't really have a chance to defend your gyms, I mean dude, Giovanni was missing and the gym was closed for a darn long time. There's also no trading system, and most of all, the way you have to capture Pokemon is just lame in my opinion. I've grown up having to either fight these, or feed/throw rocks at them, here you just gotta throw balls.

I don't tried it but my partner did. He looks like crazy by pointing his phone to something just because he is catching some pokemon on the streets since he have his data connection. The game looks cute but it makes you look crazy too.

Pokemon GO is an exciting game and many players were addicted to it. I have lots of friends giving this game a part of their schedule in their daily routine.

I don't tried it but my partner did. He looks like crazy by pointing his phone to something just because he is catching some pokemon on the streets since he have his data connection. The game looks cute but it makes you look crazy too.
To avoid that, I just turned off the AR feature. Sure, you lose the whole "Pokemon in real life" thing, but I never really cared about the AR feature anyway.

The game is fun but it could have been better. I do not like the augmented reality feature as I find it like a cheap AR effects camera app like you can find in google playstore. At first of course me and my friends had fun but as the time goes by, we got bored and never touched the app again. In my honest opinion this game didn't even match the experience and fun that pokemon series on gameboy advance gave me.

To avoid that, I just turned off the AR feature. Sure, you lose the whole "Pokemon in real life" thing, but I never really cared about the AR feature anyway.

What do you mean by AR feature? But I guess the "Real Life Pokemon" is good for those people who wants adventurous games. It's still a funny game.

What do you mean by AR feature? But I guess the "Real Life Pokemon" is good for those people who wants adventurous games. It's still a funny game.
AR stands for augmented reality. It's the technology being used so you can see Pokemon through your camera. However, you can turn that off so that when Pokemon appear, they're just in a grassy looking area. You still have to go outside and stuff, you just don't see Pokemon in the real world through the camera while its turned off.

I have to say, even my AR didn't work. It was just complete black. I had to use the grassy area, which.. I quite found boring. I did enjoy the AR feature for a little bit, but again, like they said before, it's just putting a sticker on the camera. It didn't help.

I remember when there was a huge craze, huge enough to even spur an event at our art gallery.

I played this game for about 2 weeks and I stop because I don't have any mobile internet on that time. But the game was so fun to play and its really nice and its just like an adventure to me.

AR stands for augmented reality. It's the technology being used so you can see Pokemon through your camera. However, you can turn that off so that when Pokemon appear, they're just in a grassy looking area. You still have to go outside and stuff, you just don't see Pokemon in the real world through the camera while its turned off.

But it seems boring right? It is more exciting to play the game when you can see the real pokemon in the game. I guess that is the feature why Pokemon Go became famous all around the world.

But it seems boring right? It is more exciting to play the game when you can see the real pokemon in the game. I guess that is the feature why Pokemon Go became famous all around the world.
It was fun at first, but I didn't like how the Pokemon kept moving to the left or to the right while I was walking I'd have to stop, twist my body, and try to catch it. I found Pokemon Go just as fun with the plain grassy background. Plus, I didn't want people knowing I was playing Pokemon Go. My friend got harassed by some people by a gym while she was trying to capture it. So it was best for me to do that to avoid crazy people.

I can say that a lot of Pokemon Go players just played the game because of the hype. Pokemon Go existence is very fast. One day the game became trending and the other day, the game just died. Pokemon is pretty good but like this game were you should walk and go to different places to catch Pokemon, I think it is hard to maintain playing this game.

Well yes, it was a fad. And like most fads, it died out when people realised there really wasn't much to it.

I used to play it a lot after its launch. Nowadays, I play it occasionally. It's not a bad game but it could be better. They should implement new features like trades and fights between trainers, it would make things a little more interesting. I never really use the AR feature, the only time I tried to do so it lagged the game. So I prefer to catch pokémon in that plain looking grass. Anyway, the main games of the Pokémon franchise are way better.

To be honest with you, I'm not really a Pokémon fan. I can only remember having little fancy towards its animation when I was still a teenager. It was only Pikachu that I loved so much because it looked adorable with its shinny eyes :grin:.

This is a dangerous game, lol kidding aside but still yes there is a lot of people who take risk just to catch the pokemon even though it is in the middle of the road I don't know why they still tend to catch that pokemon. But it is so amazing it was so cool. But lol never risk your life just to catch that pokemon even though it is a rare one, lol kidding a side again.

It was fun at first, but I didn't like how the Pokemon kept moving to the left or to the right while I was walking I'd have to stop, twist my body, and try to catch it. I found Pokemon Go just as fun with the plain grassy background. Plus, I didn't want people knowing I was playing Pokemon Go. My friend got harassed by some people by a gym while she was trying to capture it. So it was best for me to do that to avoid crazy people.

I mean if the AR feature is disabled, I find it boring to play because I think those Pokemon are the main feature of this game and the players will enjoy more if they see Pokemon on their fun. It's kinda attractive to play since Pokemon are showed in the screen. Yeah, you will be harassed some times because you look like crazy catching those Pokemon but it actually makes the game intense and adventurous to play.

Back