Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Alright, I get these PMs from time to time asking why activity is low. And the question is why is activity low?

Is it because the forum doesn't look good? No, the forum looks great and all current members agree.

Is it due to lack of content? Again no, I nearly post topics daily along with frog with us both covering the top and bottom parts of the forum.

So what is it? Honestly I don't know but I have a few ideas:

Idea 1: We are a general gaming forum. What does that have to do with anything? It's because we don't cater to one thing which means we are most likely not to draw in Sony only, Nintendo only, or MS/PC only fans. Perhaps if we change our name and go Sony or Nintendo or ect. only activity could spike and stay like that.

Idea 2: I am the only one advertising. Besides what Spirit does, (which is SEO and backlink and all that stuff) I am the only one grabbing a ad sig and ad text and slap them in a forum sig and start posting on that forum with those on. I do have a busy life and it can be hard to find time to manage the forum and find mroe time to advertise. If more people help with this and get word out things could start changing around here

Idea 3: Nothing going on. I'll admit it, whats is going on here besides posts? Not much really which I know is sad. I know we have the arcade but I don't have time to play these days. So yeah, if you know of an activity or like to form a online video game tournament let me know.

So this is my current thoughts on GF and those complaining via PMs. I try my best each and every day to get activity for this place but there is only so much one person can do.

-DS

Well being a general gaming forum, you need to have what other general gaming forums don't have. There are far to many gaming forums around the internet so this place has to have something unique.

Well being a general gaming forum, you need to have what other general gaming forums don't have. There are far to many gaming forums around the internet so this place has to have something unique.

I whole-heartedly agree with you and I've been bashing my head against the wall trying to figure out what exactly we could do...

hissae, that's not a horrible idea.

Maybe a clan would be a good idea, too. (For both Ps3 and Xbox 360, to cover all of our bases and get as many people as possible.)

Yup clans are a good idea. It'll bring together members and even bring in new ones and increase activity.

I did forget one other reason:

Other Reason: There is another gamingforce out there (with .com and .org) that ranks higher than us on the search engine. I wonder chaining the name of this place to something more unique would help?

I did forget one other reason:

Other Reason: There is another gamingforce out there (with .com and .org) that ranks higher than us on the search engine. I wonder chaining the name of this place to something more unique would help?

Changing the name, eh?

What about gambling games and etc? I dunno if you could afford it keith, but I'd suggest to buy some games and allow your members to win the prizes when they reach a certain post count or refer to someone on here.

^ lol.

Anyways changing the domain name isn't a bad idea. A .com domain will definitely help.

most .com domains are not cheap and any names I thought of are taken.

Why not? Methinks you can get a lot of cash out of it no? XDD

yeah, but it's not like anyone can open up a gambling site.

Although .com domains are more expensive than others, it's not really expensive in the great scheme of things. Domains are usually for a year or two so it's pretty cheap to be honest.

Changing the name would put you back to square one as it would be completely new and unknown. Any SEO work you've done would need to be done again, unless of course you kept gamingforce.us as well as get a new domain.

But the reason things may be quiet is because there are tons of gaming sites on the internet and even more general gaming sites. A gaming site needs a niche, something unique or atleast something that's not been done on every other gaming site. I've experienced this myself with my own gaming site, which in fact used to be a general gaming site. I reduced it a bit and focused it a bit more, but it's difficult. But anyone that questions why a gaming site activity is low, then I doubt they've attempted to create their own online gaming community.

You can get very cheap domains with Godaddy, they are really not that expensive. I'd personally recommend changing the name, just my opinion though.

Although .com domains are more expensive than others, it's not really expensive in the great scheme of things. Domains are usually for a year or two so it's pretty cheap to be honest.

Changing the name would put you back to square one as it would be completely new and unknown. Any SEO work you've done would need to be done again, unless of course you kept gamingforce.us as well as get a new domain.

But the reason things may be quiet is because there are tons of gaming sites on the internet and even more general gaming sites. A gaming site needs a niche, something unique or atleast something that's not been done on every other gaming site. I've experienced this myself with my own gaming site, which in fact used to be a general gaming site. I reduced it a bit and focused it a bit more, but it's difficult. But anyone that questions why a gaming site activity is low, then I doubt they've attempted to create their own online gaming community.

What he says. By the way for the domain name all being taken, I know how that feels like but I usually spend hours and hours on picking my domain name and trust me, something will come.

I would keep the gamingforce.us domain and have it redirected to the new domain to salvage a lot of the previous SEO work.

Back