Reason for low activity on GF

Guys, I'm still handling the low traffic issue behind the scenes.

In the meantime, for all of you who are posting on here, could share our forum threads on Facebook, Twitter, Digg and others, because that would help promote the site and get a few more people.

How are you banking on E3 bringing in new members? What will make that happen or potentially happen?

E3 is pretty much Christmas to gamers. I know some spots that I can go to and offer the best of E3 news on a safe place. It brought in some people this year.

Guys, I'm still handling the low traffic issue behind the scenes.

In the meantime, for all of you who are posting on here, could share our forum threads on Facebook, Twitter, Digg and others, because that would help promote the site and get a few more people.

As always Spirit I greatly appreciate for what you do around here. Keep up the good work.

I read it and I understand what the purpose of The Video Game Awards is and it's a cool idea.

But I also understand what teutato is also saying, you aren't "really" offering anything. In fact you are directing your visitors to another website.

E3 won't bring in members, if gamers are looking for a forum to speak about E3 they will probably find bigger forums on google. :-\

I read it and I understand what the purpose of The Video Game Awards is and it's a cool idea.

But I also understand what teutato is also saying, you aren't "really" offering anything. In fact you are directing your visitors to another website.

Yup, and they even have a forum of their own on that site... I'm not sure if you letting them promote here is a good idea.

Yup, and they even have a forum of their own on that site... I'm not sure if you letting them promote here is a good idea.

The only forum link on the site leads to us.

I offer the members a trusted site to share videos and stuff and the website owner offers it's traffic a place to head and discuss more of the website and a place to meet with other gamers.

The only forum link on the site leads to us.

I offer the members a trusted site to share videos and stuff and the website owner offers it's traffic a place to head and discuss more of the website and a place to meet with other gamers.

Oh so you guys are basically affiliates. That's not bad but still, the site's new and not much contents. I mean there are already places like TwitchTV and Youtube for gameplay sharing, etc. which are very popular.

I believe Twitch TV is soley gaming and also live gaming too.

Just out of interest how do you judge whether your activity is picking up, is it mainly by post count and members?

I'm assuming it would be by the amount of posts made, that's what brings more people to the forum i guess!

I would say that low activity on any forum could be because the member just isn't very interested in the forum, I know there are lot's of forums that I don't care to go back to because it just doesn't interest me.
So, I guess you have to figure something that would attract people to come back, this could be awards like posted earlier.. or just something a bit different and new.

Hmm it is on second place for that search term though. But has it been effective? Do you have google analytics to see how much traffic that keyword brings?

Back