Reason for low activity on GF

why is that? the content not being posted not right?

I think he means that it's hard to find responses for the open threads. It's not that they are bad, just too complicated for the average gamer that only played so many game and only ever had a couple of consoles.
Its also hard to find post that interest you.

For example, i'm a handheld games fan. I enter the site and look around for the "Handheld Consoles" section, but i can't see it or anything pointing to it on the first page. I'd simply move to another forum.
So yeah, i think we need a "Gaming Platforms" menu.

See a lot of the threads that you and froggy post seem to be just news updates and not inviting other people to discuss about it. Like just a copy & past article that we read and most of the time, don't really post comments on. Maybe more question threads?
I also agree with this. Although news about gaming is good and interesting it is just copy and pasting quotes and nothing else. I've seen this in the last couple of days in regards to the E3. News has been posted in various threads where it's just copy, paste and there is no personally opinion or thoughts on whatever it is. No asking this community what they think of it or if they have an interest.

You just copy paste a news article and expect people to respond. it's not overly inviting. Don't get me wrong, content is good and gaming news is good, but presentation is more important. i'm learning that myself with my own site and believe me I know how hard it can be. But never give up, ever!

I think he means that it's hard to find responses for the open threads. It's not that they are bad, just too complicated for the average gamer that only played so many game and only ever had a couple of consoles.
Its also hard to find post that interest you.

For example, i'm a handheld games fan. I enter the site and look around for the "Handheld Consoles" section, but i can't see it or anything pointing to it on the first page. I'd simply move to another forum.
So yeah, i think we need a "Gaming Platforms" menu.

Hmm, good points. But I pride myself on this forum being a gaming news site to inform and teach gamers about the coming future. I myself have made some bad choices in getting games because I was not inform of things coming.

As for 'gaming platforms', the worlds of gaming section (which is current the E3 section) caters to both consoles and handhelds to keep the boards looking alive and busy.

But again, you make a good point. I'll look into this after E3 is done. Thank you for you input.

I also agree with this. Although news about gaming is good and interesting it is just copy and pasting quotes and nothing else. I've seen this in the last couple of days in regards to the E3. News has been posted in various threads where it's just copy, paste and there is no personally opinion or thoughts on whatever it is. No asking this community what they think of it or if they have an interest.

You just copy paste a news article and expect people to respond. it's not overly inviting. Don't get me wrong, content is good and gaming news is good, but presentation is more important. i'm learning that myself with my own site and believe me I know how hard it can be. But never give up, ever!

Yes, you make a good point. I should be adding more to what you say to my posts. But at times like these, I'm making 50 news posts within a hour kind of hard to add my thing.

When you say 'presentation' and 'no personally', what are you referring to? As in should I alter some of the news article or add my thoughts after I source the news content?

When you say 'presentation' and 'no personally', what are you referring to? As in should I alter some of the news article or add my thoughts after I source the news content?

I think he means it's not orignal and you don't include your opinion, not sure.

Yeah, I bet you're enjoying the competition, I plan on staying afterwards too, not many decent gaming forums out there but this one is good :grin:

Yeah, last competition we had, some guy joined, got first place, never came to the forum again. I came in second knowing that he won't be on here again. lol

Yeah, last competition we had, some guy joined, got first place, never came to the forum again. I came in second knowing that he won't be on here again. lol

Haha, did you come second because you let him come first? I was in a Xenforo competition but stopped posting because other people needed it more than I did, they had been wanting it for ages so I thought it was best to do the deed and pull out :p

The competition was to get as many first place trophies in the Arcade. I was ahead, but the guy went on a rampage and went way ahead of me, and I said screw it because I didn't have the time, and I wanted to see if he would stay. I was wrong. He won $30 and 1 million shards. Honestly I am more disappointed in the shards because he isn't even going to use them, whereas I actually want to.

Oh please do. You and me both know that guy doesn't deserve it. If not giving it to me, distribute it to active members at least.

DS, that would be more organized. I would like it.

I agree. I don't want to rummage through an entire section of Nintendo to look for one DS game.

To Demon: But on another note, I use to be a part of a site and I used manual/autosurf traffic exchanges. I only use 1 for each type, but they have the most unique visits. I'm also using it for a current site I am working on. I don't mind setting up this forum for a few 1k hits if you want to see if it increase your ranks/activity? Both times I've used them it seemed to help a bit.

I agree. I don't want to rummage through an entire section of Nintendo to look for one DS game.

To Demon: But on another note, I use to be a part of a site and I used manual/autosurf traffic exchanges. I only use 1 for each type, but they have the most unique visits. I'm also using it for a current site I am working on. I don't mind setting up this forum for a few 1k hits if you want to see if it increase your ranks/activity? Both times I've used them it seemed to help a bit.
I've never seen autosurf traffic result in actual people registering on a forum all they generally do is increase visits to the site mostly by people that are only doing it to increase visits to their own site.

I've never seen autosurf traffic result in actual people registering on a forum all they generally do is increase visits to the site mostly by people that are only doing it to increase visits to their own site.

I meant Manual for potential members. Autosurf for a little help in rankings. I'm not guaranteeing it to be dramatic or anything lol. But doesn't hurt to try.

DS, that would be more organized. I would like it.

The request has been made, I will have this be done when the E3 boards are put away. Stay tune.

sounds interesting, I'm up for trying anything. Please PM on here so we can discuss this more.

Lol I still don't get what these "shards" are... I might have been told already but if I have been, I forgot :p

Back