Should Criminals have protection?

Let me get this straight. You're asking me how I researched the research?

Nope, I'm asking how you've planned the research, what materials you've analized, who were your sources. I already explained how I did mine above, so I'd like to know what paths you took.
Unless, from what your question seems to imply, all you've done was read the research someone else put together, which, except if it involves a primary school project, doesn't qualify as research.

Nope, I'm asking how you've planned the research, what materials you've analized, who were your sources. I already explained how I did mine above, so I'd like to know what paths you took.
Unless, from what your question seems to imply, all you've done was read the research someone else put together, which, except if it involves a primary school project, doesn't qualify as research.
Well how did you learn anything? You read it from other sources. Plus I stated things other than books.

My sources are factual summaries about cases, statistics and my own data gathering, not stuff like articles titled "How are rape cases investigated/judged" or "Why Is It So Easy to Convict an
Innocent Person?".

Thats why I wanted to know how you carried out your research exactly.

My sources are factual summaries about cases, statistics and my own data gathering, not stuff like articles titled "How are rape cases investigated/judged" or "Why Is It So Easy to Convict an
Innocent Person?".

Thats why I wanted to know how you carried out your research exactly.
So directly speaking to police is not a factual source? I already stated what I used in the original post.

You mean this post?

A wrong interpretation... If you don't know much about how the stuff works, and based on what you said you seem not to, then you definitely won't have a well formed opinion. I'm not trying to sound smug, but I have researched a lot about everything to do with how the law works, the police department's job, how court works, the job of lawyers and judges, etc.

I'm going to throw you a story from about 15yrs ago.

Once I got charged and had to go to court. I couldn't afford some $900/Hour lawyer so I got a court appointed lawyer. The deal is I was innocent and claimed I intended to plead not guilty. My lawyer was trying to trick me into pleading guilty by scaring me with threats of major time in jail. I went through with it and pleaded not guilty. The court case was remanded for a month, in which I was forced to go to court and re-plead, but not before my lawyer tried the scare me into pleading guilty. I stood tall and pleaded not guilty, despite the judge showing signs of being really annoyed. The case was remanded YET AGAIN and when I came back I was forced to re-plead AGAIN. This time my lawyer was firm and said that I'm going away for years if I plead guilty. I said to him "If convicted I'm going away for years, right?". The lawyer said "oh yeah.....um right". My lawyer said there will be no trial, you are going away if you plead not guilty this time".

The truth is obvious. My lawyer, the judge, and the crown attorney were all just drinking coffee together trying to break me to finish the deal off.
There is no such thing as proven until guilty or any of that. It's all about money and I was not throwing profit for the courts so I had no push into a fair trial.

The thing is if you are not in the situation and only watching that situation then you don't get to see any of that.

Here's another short story. A trashy girl and guy are fighting and the guy punches the girl out. She calls the cops but once they are there she didn't want to rat her man so she threw a random persons name out the window. It was my brother. Now this girl and my brother have not seen each other in like 6 months. Now the cops go to my brother and charge him with assault on the girl.
A day later the girl goes to the cops and says that she lied and randomly named someone she knew but it really was her Boyfriend. Now the cops go to the boyfriend and he admits he was having a bad day, on drugs, and beat her up.
All of this information was documented for the case. The boyfriend was not charged, and my brother actually had to go through a full trial. The case was not thrown out even with full proof written by others. The deal the court is always looking for a big fish to fry, and the boyfriend was just a punk. My brother has a bad reputation with the law and they just wanted to pin it to him.
So the cops, lawyers, judge, and whole legal system confirmed and just tried to burn my brother.

I got 100+ stories about the stupid corrupt legal system.
The court system is all bogus anyway. Therefore criminals should have the rights of protection.

Have any of you guys heard about the Steubenville rape case? I am glad that 2 of the teens were caught, but I have doubts that they are the only ones involved.

Especially considering the fact that the DA immediately tried to pressure the victim and her family into dropping the charge because her son was on the team. She would not have done that if her son, and others, were not involved.

Never heard of that one. The DA was pretty rude right there!

In Canada you are not allowed to freely drop a charge on someone. The police are the one's who charge a person, not the victim, so we never have that type of thing around here. Instead the cop will just drop it on their own.

Have any of you guys heard about the Steubenville rape case? I am glad that 2 of the teens were caught, but I have doubts that they are the only ones involved.

Especially considering the fact that the DA immediately tried to pressure the victim and her family into dropping the charge because her son was on the team. She would not have done that if her son, and others, were not involved.
I read about it the other day. The entire thing is ridiulous, and if the law actually did it's job, they'd get what they deserve already. Best part is is that Anonymous let out the info of people involved in the rape.

Also, I feel like I'll be one of the few good cops out there...

So Aidsor how did that first story end? Did you finally give in?

And yes, I know the law has screwed people specially since the police know most of my mother's family.

I read about it the other day. The entire thing is ridiulous, and if the law actually did it's job, they'd get what they deserve already. Best part is is that Anonymous let out the info of people involved in the rape.

Also, I feel like I'll be one of the few good cops out there...

There are other suspects and Anonymous threatened to expose them all if an arrest wasn't made. So these two guys ended up taking the fall for something that all of them had something to do with. It was likely that they were not allowed to say anything since the others had very good defense. The DA should be disbarred and I hope that the other victims come forward since it appears that 'rape crew' roots run deep in that town.

And then there is the lack of personal accountability where the victim was concerned. I am not victim blaming, but as a NY'er, I know that if I go jogging in Central Park at 3 a.m., there is a very good chance that I will get raped, or worse, and so, I don't do it.

Even though she was drugged, she still put herself into the situation where she could be.

Back