Should Criminals have protection?

@Mori No, they do not pick their jury...

@BA She is somewhat to blame, but those kids still did what they did. I wouldn't have done it, even if I could have like they did. IT's still almost 100% their fault.

@Mori No, they do not pick their jury...

@BA She is somewhat to blame, but those kids still did what they did. I wouldn't have done it, even if I could have like they did. IT's still almost 100% their fault.
I agree but be that as it may it could start a trend of girls doing this and then thinking that they dont have consequence because they were victimized.. and then go on to be known as the victim from then on instead of the person who put themselves in that position in the first place.

It is bad enough that rape seems to be the 'in' thing nowadays.. worse still, if the victim were impregnated from the attack, then in some states, she would not have had the option to abort. So in addition to this ordeal shed have to carry the child to term.. and then decide what she wanted to do from that point.

So Aidsor how did that first story end? Did you finally give in?
I pleaded guilty so they didn't have to prove I was guilty. I was given not the max sentence for the charge, but maybe about 50% of the max. I did a couple of months in prison, then got out and had to do a LOAD of community service. I mean a lot!. It was like 300hours or something like that.
Defense attorneys are allowed to object to a certain number of jury members.
The thing is no one can afford a defense attorney that is really on your side. Since not many people have $50K to give someone they are forced to get a cheaper one and then there is no defense because the lawyer is in the with judge and crown. They just want the situation to be resolved fast.

I agree but be that as it may it could start a trend of girls doing this and then thinking that they dont have consequence because they were victimized.. and then go on to be known as the victim from then on instead of the person who put themselves in that position in the first place.

It is bad enough that rape seems to be the 'in' thing nowadays.. worse still, if the victim were impregnated from the attack, then in some states, she would not have had the option to abort. So in addition to this ordeal shed have to carry the child to term.. and then decide what she wanted to do from that point.
I don't like abortion, but I'm pro-choice. I don't understand how so many people can be asses. I would give it up for adoption. I could see why it would be hard to look at your kid and not feel some resentment.

I pleaded guilty so they didn't have to prove I was guilty. I was given not the max sentence for the charge, but maybe about 50% of the max. I did a couple of months in prison, then got out and had to do a LOAD of community service. I mean a lot!. It was like 300hours or something like that.

were you guilty though?

That kinda sucks, what would have happened if you kept pleading non guilty though?

I remember in his Ask Me he said that he wasn't, but I could be wrong.

He did say he was innocent. And his lawyer most likely knew it as well.

The deal is I was innocent and claimed I intended to plead not guilty. My lawyer was trying to trick me into pleading guilty by scaring me with threats of major time in jail. I went through with it and pleaded not guilty

were you guilty though?
Nope. Not that time.
That kinda sucks, what would have happened if you kept pleading non guilty though?
Sometimes if you were a threat to the streets in crime they put you in prison during the court appearance time then if convicted that time is already served. This is only for major threats where the person should not be on the street. My charge was nothing bad like that.
If I pleaded not guilty the judge and lawyers would've been pissed and the crown would've recommended I stay in prison for the trial. The judge would've been more than happy with that and since my lawyer was really on their side he would not have stopped them. Then they would throw me in the roughest prison in the district so by the time court is ready again I'll be ready to admit whatever they want to get out.
I remember in his Ask Me he said that he wasn't, but I could be wrong.
That was a different conviction. haha.
I was innocent with two convictions I had. This one(minor criminal charge involving property). In the ask, that was a very large charge. A felony/federal offense. Something that can put you away for 30yrs.

I've been charged and went through the court system several times. All of the others I was guilty for. I'm not a bad person, I just grew up in an area where the only thing that mattered was women, popularity, and protection.

Sometimes if you were a threat to the streets in crime they put you in prison during the court appearance time then if convicted that time is already served. This is only for major threats where the person should not be on the street. My charge was nothing bad like that.
If I pleaded not guilty the judge and lawyers would've been pissed and the crown would've recommended I stay in prison for the trial. The judge would've been more than happy with that and since my lawyer was really on their side he would not have stopped them. Then they would throw me in the roughest prison in the district so by the time court is ready again I'll be ready to admit whatever they want to get out.

Well thats messed up. Wouldn't it have been possible to ask for a different lawyer?

2 is not bad out of 8 or whatever. I forget. All of this was like 10yrs agoish.

I've been charged and convicted 8 times. It may have been more than 8 times. The thing is one charge and the cops will add in a bunch of others. Just one time but multiple charges.
Let me count for a second. I know there was 4 assaults because I'm proud of them(lol) one bodily harm added in one of those charges(5), theft under 5K with a breaching probation(2), possession of stolen property(1), B&E(jeez, 1st charge I got. I was 14yrs old) with a Theft under 5K charge with that(2).
Then there was the big one which had a bunch of charges added together.
Mischief of property ex 1.5mill was the main one, Attempted Arson, Conspiracy to commit an act of terrorism, and embezzlement(4).
The above 4 charges was the one I was not guilty of(the other story I 1/2 told in the ask section).

Hell there is 14 charges there. Jeez, that looks bad. Well, it looks worse than it it.
-when I was 16 I bought a bike for $30. It may have been worth $40tops. It was stolen(possession of stolen property).
-When I was 17 two guys jumped me in a public washroom at the bus station and I was trying to fight them off. I didn't want to lose and be beaten dead so while scuffling around I grabbed the toilet top dish piece and blasted one of the guys in the face. It popped an eye vessel so it looked bad. No perm damage.(there's an Assault and a Bodily harm charge)
-I was 15 and I stole a guitar amp from a guys indoor porch. I don't know what I was thinking. Stupid kid doing stupid things(there's a B&E & theft under 5K)
-At 14 I broke the window of a school during the summer (Mischief)

So its mainly all just crap that happens. I have not been charged for 12yrs I'd say. The big one was my last charge and I was 19ish yrs old. I'm 31 now.

Oh damn...when I got busted for the stolen bicycle I got charged with a concealed weapon. lol, I had this flashy bike peg that actually could be unscrewed and flipped to be a throwing knife. Just holding it, it was just layered with grip so it was hard to tell. Cops didn't think it was legal.

Holy. Shit. I can't even imagine getting charged once. o_O Did you get convicted for the self defense and buying the bike charges?

Holy. Shit. I can't even imagine getting charged once. o_O Did you get convicted for the self defense and buying the bike charges?
Self defense doesn't get you away from the charge. It's a defense for a trial that lightens your case. The winner of the fight always is the guilty one. I won so I was guilty of assault regardless of how it started.

Buying the bike charges was possession of stolen property. I had possession of it and it was stolen.

Back