Should school hours be changed?

Claraviolet said:
Meanie >.<
Isn't it just soooooooooo pretty? 
brings back bad programming memories from my college days a few years ago.

Cierra said:
Maybe some kids, but not all. I get up at around 7 or 8 on the weekends anyways. :Crazy2:
I use to be like that, then I got lazy.

Demon_Skeith said:
brings back bad programming memories from my college days a few years ago.

I use to be like that, then I got lazy.
what exactly do you mean by bad programming memories >.<
I bet people enjoy every moment while leaning stuff like that.

I would love to attend high school and grade school here in the US than the school I attended at in Asia because the time here stays up to 8 to 3 in high school, in my school 7 to 5 and it freaking sucks.

I think it is a slippery slope when discussing when school should start. Many kids want to sleep in, but would they be willing to stay in school later in the day to accommodate this? What about high school kids that have jobs to be to after school? I think one of the main reasons is it would have an effect on sports teams, which is a priority of many schools. I don't think it will change anytime soon as it is a system that has always worked.

I think it is a slippery slope when discussing when school should start. Many kids want to sleep in, but would they be willing to stay in school later in the day to accommodate this? What about high school kids that have jobs to be to after school? I think one of the main reasons is it would have an effect on sports teams, which is a priority of many schools. I don't think it will change anytime soon as it is a system that has always worked.

I would hate to stay longer, but a later start would make me feel at ease about it.

Absolutely not, I don't think school should start later. I remember going to my high school at 9 in the morning. I moved to another city where their high school started at 7:40 in the morning. That's 1 hour and 20 minutes earlier. I did not like that at all but getting out of school at 3 rather than 4:40 was appealing to me.

I got a job that was great for my school hours. I remember when I didn't work also. I had lots of time to go to bed early because I did everything that I wanted to do earlier.

I think having school earlier is better so that kids have time in the afternoon to play and have activities.

problem with home school is, the kids don't get out and interact.

This was always a concern I had with home schooling. If a child is being home schooled, then the only people they are interacting with on a regular basis is the people within their immediate family. There is one thing they'd loose by not going to school traditionally and that is getting to socialize with other kids their own age. Unless the parents enrolled the child in other activities outside the home, like sports for instance, then they will be more likely to not know how to act in certain situations when they go out into the real world when they get older.

This was always a concern I had with home schooling. If a child is being home schooled, then the only people they are interacting with on a regular basis is the people within their immediate family. There is one thing they'd loose by not going to school traditionally and that is getting to socialize with other kids their own age. Unless the parents enrolled the child in other activities outside the home, like sports for instance, then they will be more likely to not know how to act in certain situations when they go out into the real world when they get older.

Home school kids these days have cell phones and the internet which make it easier for them to trade contact information like phone numbers, e-mails, blogs, and social networking account info with people they know like the kids of their parent's friends, cousins, and other places.

But, poorer kids without a cell phone, or internet may have a harder time organizing activities like going to the movies with friends they meet through their parent's friends' kids, and relatives like cousins. Although, I think it would be rare for home school kids without any access to the internet since the internet is very useful for quickly looking up information on a certain topic like math.

Last edited:
The answer is a yes.

I am not so sure about other countries, but here the schools runs from Monday to saturday and from 9AM to 5PM.

It's kinda tiring. So, if possible, I would like that to be changed

I'm really surprised how kids from the other side of our world can complain about coming to school by 8 am. In our public school, kids have to be in school by 6 am and start their class by 6:15 ; the teachers are officially timed in at 6:10 and are surprisingly deducted from their salaries when they come after the official time. Of course, what we have here in our place is totally illegal because the official time slot in the world for just about anything to start is 7 am. I just hope we in the third world countries can have just an iota of your bravery there in the US, so that we can also have the nerve to complain against what's unjust, false, and bogus; if only for that, Long live America.

My school starts at 7:30 AM but I must get up earlier than that.

And I like to play video games till 4-5 AM, so... you know.

Back