Sonic Generations

Vivian

NOT A GIRL
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbGEzP01tkM&feature=player_embedded#at=40[/media]

SonicScreen.png

SonicScreen2.png

SonicScreen3.png

What are your thoughts on this? Is Sonic finally back? Do you like the return of 'Genesis Sonic'? I, personally, love this!

Screenshots taken by me~

Edit:

New Trailer - [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV1Osnkr5Nc&feature=player_embedded#at=14[/media]

Press Release:

"Celebrate 20 years of Sonic the Hedgehog with Sonic Generationsâ„¢

LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO (April 18th, 2011) – SEGA® Europe Ltd. & SEGA® America, Inc., today announced details of Sonic Generations™, the highly anticipated video game title in development to celebrate Sonic the Hedgehog’s 20th Anniversary. Delivering the definitive gaming experience for Sonic fans old and new, Sonic Generations™ sees Sonic the Hedgehog playable as both the much loved classic 1991 character, and the modern day video game hero he has become in this exciting new fast paced adventure. Sonic Generations™ will speed into stores for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system for Holiday 2011.

Set across three defining eras from 20 years of Sonic the Hedgehog video game history, the instantly recognisable environments of Sonic Generations™ have been re-built in stunning HD and are now playable in both classic side scrolling 2D from 1991, as well as modern 3D style found in Sonic’s most recent adventures. Each incarnation of Sonic in Sonic Generations™ comes complete with his trademark special move, Spin Dash and Spin Attack for Classic Sonic, and Homing Attack and Sonic Boost for Modern Sonic. An innovative new interactive menu system allows for complete immersion in Sonic’s universe with favourite characters and hidden treasures gradually being revealed throughout the game.

“Sonic Generations will certainly be a fitting celebration for Sonic’s 20th Anniversary” commented David Corless, Global Brand Director for Sonic. “By having the classic 1991 Sonic that many fans know and love team up with his modern day incarnation, we are bringing back the nostalgia of the early days of Sonic and combining it with the innovation and stunning HD technology of the modern gaming era. Sonic Generations will bring to life the last twenty years of Sonic’s universe in a truly unique and imaginative way”

Sonic’s universe is thrown into chaos when a mysterious new power creates ‘time holes’ which pull him and his friends back through time. As a result he encounters some surprises from his past history including Classic Sonic, Sonic as he appeared in 1991. Modern Sonic and Classic Sonic must defeat this strange new enemy, save their friends, and find out who really is behind this diabolical deed…"

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if it's like the Genesis Sonic games then I can forget about getting Sonic 06. I mean when I was younger I hated Sonic. I mean he was the rival of Mario. How could I? Since then I've grown up a bit and I don't like Sonic as much as Mario, but if it's anything like the classic games I would be happy. Classic series is way better than the newer 3D stuff. SA2B was good and Sonic Heroes was good, but after SA2B they were never in the ball park of a good Sonic feel.

Sonic 06. That's an awful game. This new game isn't that, or anything to do with it, and might be a good game.

What are your thoughts on this? Is Sonic finally back? Do you like the return of 'Genesis Sonic'? I, personally, love this!

Screenshots taken by me~

As someone who grew up with SEGA and still play the heck out of classic Sonic games such as Sonic CD and Sonic 3 & Knuckles, you sister get a fist bump from me. *Bump* Aw yeah!

Well if it's like the Genesis Sonic games then I can forget about getting Sonic 06. I mean when I was younger I hated Sonic. I mean he was the rival of Mario. How could I? Since then I've grown up a bit and I don't like Sonic as much as Mario, but if it's anything like the classic games I would be happy. Classic series is way better than the newer 3D stuff. SA2B was good and Sonic Heroes was good, but after SA2B they were never in the ball park of a good Sonic feel.

Getting Sonic 06 would be like punching yourself in the face and burning your money. Get this instead.

Hey, call it what you will, but I love Sonic Games. This one is looking to be another good one like Sonic Colors and Unleashed. It's kinda neat that they tossed in two styles of gameplay...maybe the rabid fans will shut up now.

As someone who grew up with SEGA and still play the heck out of classic Sonic games such as Sonic CD and Sonic 3 & Knuckles.
I also grew up with these games, I remember sitting there watching my brother play through levels seamlessly and envying his skill in my youth.

I LOVE that this is being brought back. It makes me actually want to buy a Sonic game!

Im not a sonic fan,but that looks like the best sonic game ever.that seeeegaaaaa thing is so annoying though
tongue.gif

It kind of looks like the NSMB of sonic.classic sonic is so much better than modern sonic too.
whats this game for anyway?

Kinda-off-topic-ish: I'm surprised no sonic fans here talked about quite a few of the sonic games being on steam.

EDIT: Sonic Adventure DX, Sonic the Jedgehog 2, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Pinball, Sonic 3D Blast, and Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmN0Z6GAfj0&feature=player_embedded#at=201[/media]

Interview and brand new gameplay!

Do people still genuinely care about Sonic anymore? I'm beginning to think it's been milked more then the Mario series as a whole. I mean, Colors came out literally five months ago and Sega is already getting ready to release another Sonic game. They aren't going to make anything new or exciting, the levels with the modern sonic are going to suck (as usual), and the levels with the classic sonic are going to be carbon copies of the same carnival, beach, forest, snow, and space levels they've been doing for years. There hasn't been a good Sonic game since Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and even that was mostly due to the Chao Garden being the best part of the whole game.

This hype happens every time Sega announces a new Sonic game, just wait till more information is released and see how shallow and disappointing this turns out to be.

haha thats right
yeahthat.gif
except it missing the gimmicks that make them fail.with this,it might be the "modern sonic levels"

The sonic cycle only applies to those who over-react...

Seeing how Sonic Colors was very good and a great throw-back to what Sonic once was, I can put some hope into this. Since apparently it's supposed to be a remake of the original Sonics(possibly including the Adventure series), I'm psyched.

Of course, Sonic 4 was terrible, but that's because it used the same engine as Rush, which was also terrible.

I believe that this game will appeal to both the old fans of the classic games and the fans of the more modern games alike. What I'd really like to know is: What's the storyline? How did the two Sonic's end up in the same time period?

Also, it's nice to see that playing as classic Sonic you get the good old Green Hill Zone's music, and playing as modern Sonic gives it a bit of a remix of sorts, when playing in that particular level.

Personally, it looks brilliant. I can't wait for it to come out.

Back