Sonic The Hedgehog Movie

I enjoyed the Sonic Movie quite a bit but it was odd seeing a realistic owl character. Pretty enjoyable for what it is. The product placement made it really funny. Sonic's design is way better. Can't wait for the sequel. When they include more characters from the series it might separate the Sonic fans from the casual moviegoers and maybe parents. A pretty predictable story though knowing what happens in the games.

Reactions: cm2
I saw the first film in theaters, and was even "okay" with the original design as long as the same story was consistent. Excited to see where this one goes.

They announced the third film and series:

“We are delighted to announce that the third Sonic theatrical film and the first live-action Sonic series for Paramount+ are being actively developed,” SEGA Corporation CEO Haruki Satomi said in a statement. “We’ve got a remarkable partnership with Paramount, and we are excited to continue expanding the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise with them.”

Haruki continued, “2022 is shaping up to be a significant year for the franchise with the second film being released this April, as well as Sonic Frontiers, the highly anticipated video game title, coming this holiday. Sonic has been beloved by fans across the world for over 30 years and we look forward to continuing to bring memorable moments and experiences to them for many years to come.”

They announced the third film and series:

“We are delighted to announce that the third Sonic theatrical film and the first live-action Sonic series for Paramount+ are being actively developed,” SEGA Corporation CEO Haruki Satomi said in a statement. “We’ve got a remarkable partnership with Paramount, and we are excited to continue expanding the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise with them.”

Haruki continued, “2022 is shaping up to be a significant year for the franchise with the second film being released this April, as well as Sonic Frontiers, the highly anticipated video game title, coming this holiday. Sonic has been beloved by fans across the world for over 30 years and we look forward to continuing to bring memorable moments and experiences to them for many years to come.”
I didn't keep up on the name but I hope Frontiers gets good sales and has some fun equalling Legends Arceus. The live-action Sonic series might be hard for me to keep up on though.

Damn three movies in, glad they changed the designs.
Indeed good thing they listened to the fans. Yet they haven't listened with Valkyria Chronicles, still no new stuff on it dang it !

Indeed Satomi San is the current Sega Boss

Official Movie Toys pic:

Screen-Shot-2022-02-23-at-11.37.57-AM.jpg

Japanese version:

Final Trailer:

Final Trailer:
I liked the part where Knuckles pulls the guy's arm. Might watch later but I find the tone of this series really addictive. Like when you see a strong villain, but Sonic is in control the whole time and maybe cracks a joke now and then. So I'm guessing Jim Carrey loses because his Death Egg blows up.

Saw this clip lol

Director said this, read from CBR:

Fowler noted that he'd love to see Sonic enter the duke it out with some of Nintendo's most iconic characters even though it could be a legal nightmare. "Nothing would make me happier than to just throw all the characters into a battle royale and do a big Smash Bros. thing," said Fowler. "That would probably require some work from the lawyers before that could happen. Getting Mario and Sonic in the ring, I mean everyone would be kinda dying for that, right? That's just classic."

Back