Sonic The Hedgehog Movie

My hubby did end up watching this one. Now he wants to see the sequel. I still wouldn't have pegged him as somebody that would have watched this movie.

Director said this, read from CBR:

Fowler noted that he'd love to see Sonic enter the duke it out with some of Nintendo's most iconic characters even though it could be a legal nightmare. "Nothing would make me happier than to just throw all the characters into a battle royale and do a big Smash Bros. thing," said Fowler. "That would probably require some work from the lawyers before that could happen. Getting Mario and Sonic in the ring, I mean everyone would be kinda dying for that, right? That's just classic."
I think it would be fun, but not enough fun. Like it's for kids too, not overly brutal or gory. I feel like it could be infinitely better for it to not happen because I would just end up disappointed the movie wasn't longer or better. It has been done to death or at least done on Death Battle.

Movie is a big success, read from gamesindustry biz:

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 has had the biggest opening ever for a video game movie in the US.

Variety reported that the Jeff Fowler-directed film made $71 million during its debut weekend, largely ahead of the box office's No.2, Marvel's Morbius and its $10.2 million for its second week on screen.

Not only did Sonic the Hedgehog 2 beat its predecessor's opening weekend, but it also established a new record for a video game adaptation, Comicbook reported.

The record was previously held by 2020's Sonic the Hedgehog, with $58 million, followed by 2019's Detective Pikachu at $54 million, and 2001's Tomb Raider at $47 million.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 launched in several international markets before its domestic release and has made $141 million so far, Variety added.

I just saw the second movie a few hours ago and it was so so good. Sure there were cringe moments like the first movie, but at this point I'm learning to accept them. The Sonic movie wouldn't be what it is without the cringe. Also the end credits scene makes me real hyped for Sonic 3. If you know, you know ;)

I just saw the second movie a few hours ago and it was so so good. Sure there were cringe moments like the first movie, but at this point I'm learning to accept them. The Sonic movie wouldn't be what it is without the cringe. Also the end credits scene makes me real hyped for Sonic 3. If you know, you know ;)
Haven't seen it but regarding the end credits scene, I read
it's hinting Dark Sonic? Is it true?

The Sonic movie wouldn't be what it is without the cringe.
This. I think after watching enough Sonic 06 content in the past it definitely fits the mood of the series as a whole.
I read
it's hinting Dark Sonic? Is it true?
So you mean Shadow, Metal Sonic, Fleetway Super Sonic, or... actually I feel like I never saw that episode of Sonic X so I think that would be an interesting inclusion.

I still need to watch the first one before I can watch the new one. It's a good thing they fixed the appearance of Sonic for the first one :rofl:

I still need to watch the first one before I can watch the new one. It's a good thing they fixed the appearance of Sonic for the first one :rofl:
Indeed or otherwise the movies would bomb. Though it's too bad Sega is not listening to the fans regarding the Valkyria Chronicles Game Series, still no new or Valkyria Chronicles 3 Remaster game, dang it Sega.

Last edited:
Finished the first movie tonight, REALLY GOOD! I'm glad they changed the character design and jim carrey clearly had a lot of fun.
Yeah, I find it hard to not like it although that is from growing up seeing him in various media forms. Both Jim Carrey and Sonic.

Wonder if Jim Carrey will return in Sonic 3, read from thegamer:

If Jim Carrey goes through with his retirement, Sonic The Hedgehog's producers "wouldn't even try" to recast Dr. Robotnik for Sonic 3. That's according to a recent interview at the Sonic The Hedgehog 2 premiere, although those same producers seem to think that Carrey will be back to play the mustachioed doctor.

In an interview with Access Hollywood last week, Jim Carrey said he was "fairly serious" about retiring after Sonic The Hedgehog 2.

"Well, I’m retiring," Carrey said, surprising the Access Hollywood host. "Yeah, probably. I’m being fairly serious," Carrey said. "It depends. If the angels bring some sort of script that’s written in gold ink that says to me that it’s going to be really important for people to see, I might continue down the road, but I’m taking a break."

Sonic 2 producers Neal H. Moritz and Toby Ascher didn't seem too concerned about Carrey's impending retirement and what that might mean for Sonic The Hedgehog 3. Speaking to IGN at the Sonic The Hedgehog 2 premiere in Los Angeles, Mortiz said that Robotnik was a role that Carrey just couldn't "walk away from."

"I have a feeling that he loves Robotnik so much that I don't think he'll be able to walk away from him," said Mortiz. When asked if he'd recast Dr. Robotnik in Sonic 3 if Carrey does go through with his retirement, he replied: "We wouldn't even try."

"Jim Carrey is always a member of the Sonic family. And he'll always have a place in these movies and TV shows as long as he'd like to be around," Ascher added. "We love Jim and he's so special. What he does with Robotnik is so incredible. We would love him as long as he'd like to be there with us."

If Carrey does retire and Robotnik doesn't get recast, it'll provide an opportunity for Sonic The Hedgehog 3 to feature a different Sonic villain, such as Shadow or Metal Sonic. Or maybe we'll just get a new mad scientist villain called Dr. Eggman.

Last edited:
Back