Spam prevention suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielx64

Credits
Hai Demon_Skeith Demon_Skeith,

Some suggestions, are you up to set things up so that if someone joins unless they have x posts or been around for x days they can't post links? I'm sure this would take care of the spam issue since if someone tries to spam links, I don't believe that link would get posted.

What do you think?

I don't think xenforo allows that, I plan on looking into it soon.

I think the real issue is (I am sure that the permissions needed are there) is whether or not you can auto move people from one group to another.

With that said, thank you for looking into it :)

What about cloudflare?
It's not ideal but it can prevent spam to some extent. I have been using it and I do recommend it

Never found cloud fare that effective and find it off putting to some people to see the checker screen before they reach the site. I think we should just make it so the first 3 posts or so need moderator approval before the new members can post free for all.

Never found cloud fare that effective and find it off putting to some people to see the checker screen before they reach the site. I think we should just make it so the first 3 posts or so need moderator approval before the new members can post free for all.
I agree with you regarding cloudflare - I have seen that checking thing time and time again, and just find it annoying. Having the first 3 posts needing approval is another option as well.

Um
... You could disable that if you don't like it. It's only displayed under the attack mode.

Considering that the spam issue is under control, I'm going to close my own topic. With that said, if you do see spam, please use the report function so that it can be taken care of :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back