Other Square Enix Is Still Hiring for FF 7 Remake

Nomura commented on it from the verge E3 2018 interview.

Nomura started out by saying:

“We are developing [Final Fantasy VII] in parallel, and it’s not just in the early concept stages. We are actually in development.

So right now, it’s like I’ve been putting in 100 percent into Kingdom Hearts, 100 percent into Final Fantasy VII, 100 percent into Kingdom Hearts… just going back and forth. It’s just like [working on] two titles is just going to be one [after Kingdom Hearts III’s launch]. That’s pretty much how I see it.”

I just hope that this game don't take 10 years to remake. Am I just the only one here who thinks Square Enix is becoming worse? and they are turning into hungry cash company. Also I hope they don't turn into something like EA and Konami.

Nomura commented on it from the verge E3 2018 interview.

Nomura started out by saying:

“We are developing [Final Fantasy VII] in parallel, and it’s not just in the early concept stages. We are actually in development.

So right now, it’s like I’ve been putting in 100 percent into Kingdom Hearts, 100 percent into Final Fantasy VII, 100 percent into Kingdom Hearts… just going back and forth. It’s just like [working on] two titles is just going to be one [after Kingdom Hearts III’s launch]. That’s pretty much how I see it.”

Whatever works I suppose, but that must take a toll on them. Then again the Japanese work themselves to the bone.

I just hope that this game don't take 10 years to remake. Am I just the only one here who thinks Square Enix is becoming worse? and they are turning into hungry cash company. Also I hope they don't turn into something like EA and Konami.

I will say this, SE did lose themselves for a bit and got lost in how long it actually takes to push one of these games out. To make such a strong looking game takes years.

Final Fantasy IX is maybe the best game play I have ever played. And that was a decade ago. I still have it on my phone, thank God for those who made emulators possible. I have played various Final Fantasy games and still wanting to see and play more of it. Cant wait for the chance to play the new Final Fantasy game on the market.

I know right, ever since the merge of Squaresoft and Sony was established, some trademark games isn't the same anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know right, ever since the merge of Squaresoft and Sony was established, some trademark games isn't the same anymore.

Square merged with Enix but not with Sony as far as I know, though Sony got some share on Square Enix before but not anymore I think.

Final Fantasy VII was one of those games that I never got to finish as a kid. Since my family was broke, we couldn't buy games so I rented games for most of my childhood. There was no way little me could have finished that game in the three days I was allowed, and FF7 kind of just faded into obscurity for me. I still became a huge fan of the characters though, like Cloud, Sephiroth, and Tifa, particularly thanks to the Advent Children movie.

When we got the FF7 Remake tech demo in 2006, I was super excited for it, thinking that I'd finally get to finish the game but this time with HD graphics! It's been 12 years since that demo teased the world. Well, at least we can say that something is finally in the works.

Final Fantasy VII was one of those games that I never got to finish as a kid. Since my family was broke, we couldn't buy games so I rented games for most of my childhood.
I know that feeling when you really want that game but can't afford it. But now games became much more expensive lol. I know the feeling of renting too, when I am starting to like games because I played it for days, I have to let it go because the time is up.

Read some more from gematsu, famitsu:

Final Fantasy VII Remake director Tetsuya Nomura commented on the status of the game’s development in the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu.

• “We’re trying to figure out when we will put out the next news release.”
  • “Production is going well.”
  • “The scenario will also delve into the members of Avalanche.”
  • “[Development] is moving along more than expected, so please wait for the next news release with peace of mind.”
  • “The direction was pretty much decided upon before we changed to internal development, and production is going well.”
  • “While preserving the atmosphere of the original, the scenario will dig deeper into the characters, including members of Avalanche.”

Read some more from gematsu, famitsu:

Final Fantasy VII Remake director Tetsuya Nomura commented on the status of the game’s development in the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu.

• “We’re trying to figure out when we will put out the next news release.”
  • “Production is going well.”
  • “The scenario will also delve into the members of Avalanche.”
  • “[Development] is moving along more than expected, so please wait for the next news release with peace of mind.”
  • “The direction was pretty much decided upon before we changed to internal development, and production is going well.”
  • “While preserving the atmosphere of the original, the scenario will dig deeper into the characters, including members of Avalanche.”

Sounds good, hopefully they will have a teaser for TGS.

Great news to get gamers with good planning skills to work and make money off their passion.hope even non- Japanese speakers would be affordable the opportunity to engage in this.The amount for the gig is right I believe

Hoping to play the FF 7 remake soon? Well the wait will be long, the question coming to light is the wait going to be shorter or longer than waiting for the remake news itself?

A Japanese job listing put out a call for “core member” (コアメンバー) recruits, looking for those with game planner experience and especially those with level design and Unreal Engine 4 skills. The monthly salary starts at 300,000 yen ($2,817) and the gig is in Tokyo.

The job listing site is in Japanese, so it’s unclear how non-Japanese speakers or those outside the country can apply.

The game was being done by CyberConnect, but Square Enix has since cut them from the project and is now doing it themselves.

I have always loved playing Final Fantasy games and FF7 happens to be one of my favorite among the FF games series. The fight between Cloud and Sephiroth in the game is considered one of the greatest fight in the game for me. Even though Sephiroth is considered to be evil, I still love and see him as my favorite character in FF7.

Just Read some more from Siliconera:

When asked about Final Fantasy VII Remake during a recent interview, director Tetsuya Nomura said he acknowledges that there’s been some fake news [Likely about the rumored 2023 release window] and fans may feel uneasy about it but he said the development is going favorably and solidifying.

However, Nomura said that the lack of new information on Final Fantasy VII Remake has nothing to do with its development Status. According to the director, the reason for this is because Square Enix is prioritizing the release of other titles, including Kingdom Hearts III.

Square Enix is currently looking ahead for a possible timing to release new information on Final Fantasy VII Remake, and Nomura asked fans to wait a little while longer.

Just Read some more from Siliconera:

When asked about Final Fantasy VII Remake during a recent interview, director Tetsuya Nomura said he acknowledges that there’s been some fake news [Likely about the rumored 2023 release window] and fans may feel uneasy about it but he said the development is going favorably and solidifying.

However, Nomura said that the lack of new information on Final Fantasy VII Remake has nothing to do with its development Status. According to the director, the reason for this is because Square Enix is prioritizing the release of other titles, including Kingdom Hearts III.

Square Enix is currently looking ahead for a possible timing to release new information on Final Fantasy VII Remake, and Nomura asked fans to wait a little while longer.

I actually read that the remake was announced way too early, just to curve any possible spoiler leaks.

Yeah he mentioned that too.

Damn, they are still hiring... this was going to be my first Final Fantasy game. Guess I'll pick up FF15 some time.

Damn, they are still hiring... this was going to be my first Final Fantasy game. Guess I'll pick up FF15 some time.
FF 12 HD remaster is also great. One of the best FFs imo, easily beating FF 15 in the story, characters and battle system departments.

FF 12 HD remaster is also great. One of the best FFs imo, easily beating FF 15 in the story, characters and battle system departments.
The only reason I haven't played any FF games is the turned based combat system. I can't bear it. I think FF12 is turn based if I am not wrong.

The only reason I haven't played any FF games is the turned based combat system. I can't bear it. I think FF12 is turn based if I am not wrong.

True, FF 12 is turn based though a fast one, and the best turn based system of ff series imo.

Back