Other Square Enix Is Still Hiring for FF 7 Remake

True, FF 12 is turn based though a fast one, and the best turn based system of ff series imo.

I remember FF 12 being ungodly slow on PS2. Did they fix that for the remaster?

The changed stuffs on the remaster, mainly the zodiac job system making it like the second Japanese only version of the game waaay back, speed mode to increase the speed of the game, new Audio orchestra recordings, fast loading times, Magicks overhaul, new weapons and armors, new game - and new game + modes. And of course graphics overhaul like better/more lighting/light sources, much much better specular highlights, bump mapping, bloom and shadows, proper depth of field and not simulated like the Ps2 version, better textures, using realtime cutscene's 3d character models during gameplays.

Last edited:
The changed stuffs on the remaster, mainly the zodiac job system making it like the second Japanese only version of the game waaay back, speed mode to increase the speed of the game, new Audio orchestra recordings, fast loading times, Magicks overhaul, new weapons and armors, new game plus - and new game + modes.

hrmmm, maybe I should try it out. I never really finished the game after all.

hrmmm, maybe I should try it out. I never really finished the game after all.
The HD remaster's changes/additions are great imo. Playing the PC version with Reshade to add some custom post processing effects. PC version also got soft shadows for characters, I don't think soft shadows are on the console version, high resolution shadows only on the ps4 version I think.

Last edited:
The DS one is inferior to the main one, storywise imo.

Nomura mentioned FF7 Remake development is doing well, during the latest Famitsu interview, from Siliconera:

Tetsuya Nomura spoke with Famitsu during the Dissidia Final Fantasy third anniversary event that took place last weekend, and he wanted to take the opportunity to clarify some misunderstandings on Final Fantasy VII Remake’s development.

Tetsuya Nomura: “There’s been some misinformation regarding Final Fantasy VII Remake in some parts of the Internet so I wanted to touch up on that a little.”

Famitsu asked if it came from Nomura’s recent comments about focusing on Final Fantasy VII Remake after Kingdom Hearts III, which led to some news stating “Final Fantasy VII Remake’s development has just begun, or hasn’t advanced.”

Tetsuya Nomura: “Yes. That is not official. As I said during E3, development is going favorably. I just wanted to say that the current PR priority is Kingdom Hearts III, as it was during the ARTNIA event the other day, but after that it’ll be Final Fantasy VII Remake, so please don’t worry. It has nothing to do with Dissidia Final Fantasy, but this is just about the only opportunity I can get to speak to you all directly, so I thought I’d take up a little bit of your time… I really pushed for it. [laughs]”

The DS one is inferior to the main one, storywise imo.

I actually enjoyed it better than the FF 12 story though ^^;

Nomura mentioned FF7 Remake development is doing well, during the latest Famitsu interview, from Siliconera:

Tetsuya Nomura spoke with Famitsu during the Dissidia Final Fantasy third anniversary event that took place last weekend, and he wanted to take the opportunity to clarify some misunderstandings on Final Fantasy VII Remake’s development.

Tetsuya Nomura: “There’s been some misinformation regarding Final Fantasy VII Remake in some parts of the Internet so I wanted to touch up on that a little.”

Famitsu asked if it came from Nomura’s recent comments about focusing on Final Fantasy VII Remake after Kingdom Hearts III, which led to some news stating “Final Fantasy VII Remake’s development has just begun, or hasn’t advanced.”

Tetsuya Nomura: “Yes. That is not official. As I said during E3, development is going favorably. I just wanted to say that the current PR priority is Kingdom Hearts III, as it was during the ARTNIA event the other day, but after that it’ll be Final Fantasy VII Remake, so please don’t worry. It has nothing to do with Dissidia Final Fantasy, but this is just about the only opportunity I can get to speak to you all directly, so I thought I’d take up a little bit of your time… I really pushed for it. [laughs]”

At this point its safe to say FF 7 remake will come out for PS5, though at the same time that will piss off fans greatly.

Back