Staff member
Awards
Credits
Amazon $20 Gift Card
Amazon $20 Gift Card
Amazon $20 Gift Card
Amazon $20 Gift Card
They look like babies.

Almost lost it when watching this while at work today, just cannot believe it! Day one buy, no questions and I'm sure this may lead to a sequel?

My only gripe is... the game looks a bit too clean from the SNES version.

Super Mario RPG Remake looks like a fun Japanese RPG game for gamers of all ages. I like how colorful the game looks, and the 3D graphics.

I screamed so loud when Peach went from SNES graphics to modern graphics. I bought this for the Wii U VC way back in 2016, but I never had a pro controller to play it until last year when I played Xenoblade Chronicles X. Then I decided that I'll play SMRPG later this year after finishing my playthroughs of the Mario and Luigi series. So honestly this was the best timing for this. What isn't the best timing is that this and Persona 5 Tactica comes out the same day and even though I'm buying both at the same time, I'm going to be playing this first.

I screamed so loud when Peach went from SNES graphics to modern graphics. I bought this for the Wii U VC way back in 2016, but I never had a pro controller to play it until last year when I played Xenoblade Chronicles X. Then I decided that I'll play SMRPG later this year after finishing my playthroughs of the Mario and Luigi series. So honestly this was the best timing for this. What isn't the best timing is that this and Persona 5 Tactica comes out the same day and even though I'm buying both at the same time, I'm going to be playing this first.
Couldn't you just use the game pad?

Almost lost it when watching this while at work today, just cannot believe it! Day one buy, no questions and I'm sure this may lead to a sequel?

My only gripe is... the game looks a bit too clean from the SNES version.
The controls to match would feel a bit weird since you are limited to four directions but other than that it does look great. Now we will see Beeg Yoshi (Dunkey Reference) in HD.

Agreed, this is a lot more interesting than P5T.

Couldn't you just use the game pad?
Nope, I had to make it difficult and bought it on the Wii eshop that was inside of the Wii U. So the Wii U gamepad wasn't useable just the Wii remote and the game couldn't be play with just that.

Nope, I had to make it difficult and bought it on the Wii eshop that was inside of the Wii U. So the Wii U gamepad wasn't useable just the Wii remote and the game couldn't be play with just that.
Now I’m confused, because earlier you were talking about playing Super Mario RPG with the Pro Controller you got because of Xenoblade X. Though if the game was off the Wii VC instead of the Wii U VC, then the Wii U pro Controller is incompatible, but if you meant the Wii Classic Controller, that’s incompatible with Xenoblade X.

Man what a confusing console.

Now I’m confused, because earlier you were talking about playing Super Mario RPG with the Pro Controller you got because of Xenoblade X. Though if the game was off the Wii VC instead of the Wii U VC, then the Wii U pro Controller is incompatible, but if you meant the Wii Classic Controller, that’s incompatible with Xenoblade X.

I think they were still drunk from the Wii when making Wii U personally.

Inside of the Wii U, there's an app for just the Wii menu where you could access all of the Wii features including the eshop. I bought it off the Wii eshop on the Wii U. If the Pro Controller for the Wii U didn't work that would've been super frustrating. So I'm just glad this is getting a remake and I get to play it in one way or another.

Inside of the Wii U, there's an app for just the Wii menu where you could access all of the Wii features including the eshop. I bought it off the Wii eshop on the Wii U. If the Pro Controller for the Wii U didn't work that would've been super frustrating. So I'm just glad this is getting a remake and I get to play it in one way or another.
Yeah, the Wii U pro controller does not work in Wii mode. You need a Wii Classic Controller to play.

Yeah, the Wii U pro controller does not work in Wii mode. You need a Wii Classic Controller to play.
Well now I'm very glad this got a remake. I feel like getting hold of a Wii classic controller would be difficult, expensive, or both.

Well now I'm very glad this got a remake. I feel like getting hold of a Wii classic controller would be difficult, expensive, or both.
They’re like $20 on EBay, so it’s really not difficult in the slightest, nor expensive.

Not saying you shouldn’t buy the remake, but you could just play the version you already have for less money, since you already bought it. You’re making this more mentally difficult for yourself than necessary.

Im gonna have to play the original before this comes out, as it's on the SNES online app.

Back