The Legend Of Heroes: Trails Into Reverie

Niiiice! Daybreak next year Demon_Skeith Demon_Skeith .

Managed to beat Act III C Route Emperor Boss in 38 turns Abyss difficulty, without using any retries Yay. Took some pics:
hFrqIAU.png

LNjtsP9.jpg

Mercurius and Vega combo is great for taking advantage of enemy's weakness using attack Arts. Made C, Renne and Nadia Very High Damage Art attack dealers and Swin for support and extra attacks.

My setup:

C's setup
QSzDKgc.jpg

u3xyJNb.jpg

The rest:
QHJ8Egq.jpg

Fzy7Jr8.jpg

HraqtL6.jpg

f7CIcsV.jpg

JPFwCBl.jpg

Pe0853L.jpg

Last edited:
Niiiice! Daybreak next year Demon_Skeith Demon_Skeith .

Managed to beat Act III C Route Emperor Boss in 38 turns Abyss difficulty, without using any retries Yay. Took some pics:
hFrqIAU.png

LNjtsP9.jpg

Mercurius and Vega combo is great for taking advantage of enemy's weakness using attack Arts. Made C, Renne and Nadia Very High Damage Art attack dealers and Swin for support and extra attacks.

My setup:

C's setup
QSzDKgc.jpg

u3xyJNb.jpg

The rest:
QHJ8Egq.jpg

Fzy7Jr8.jpg

HraqtL6.jpg

f7CIcsV.jpg

JPFwCBl.jpg

Pe0853L.jpg

I guess you must have this game figured out like crazy or overleveled because this guy destroyed me and it took a few days to beat him and I cycled through more sets of builds than any other boss in the history of the series to beat him. And forget about the 40 move turn limit, it went to like 120 for me when I beat him.

I guess you must have this game figured out like crazy or overleveled because this guy destroyed me and it took a few days to beat him and I cycled through more sets of builds than any other boss in the history of the series to beat him. And forget about the 40 move turn limit, it went to like 120 for me when I beat him.

It's indeed very tough to beat him in 40 turns. It took a LOT of planning and thinking on the builds. Mercurius will give 45%+ extra damage with high critical probability when attacking an enemy with an elemental art that is the weakness of the said enemy. In this case it's wind, Ixion Volt. Combine that with Vega you are sure to deal very high critical elemental art damage to him per your attack turn.

Increases damage when exploiting weaknesses
Increased by up to 45%
Offensive arts deal critical damage
45% chance
EP increases automatically
EP+10 every turn
+
65% chance

And equip your squad with accessories and quartz that will give high art attack stat bonuses with high Ep bonuses so you don't have to waste your turn to recharge your EP to do the elemental attacks. And combine it with Nadia's order to increase even further the art attack stats of your squad then the next turn switch to Lapis' order to prevent the boss attacks to kill your squad so you can continue attacking him without wasting a lot of turns on defense. And you also need to equip your squad with speed increasing quartz to prevent the boss from eating up many of the 40 turns limit to himself.

Though I don't think I was over leveled because at level 121 if you defeated the strong monster roaming around in the "dungeon" it would give you only very little exp points so grinding would take a very long time to level up beyond 121 at this time in the "dungeon".

Also Maybe you were too underleveled when you fought the boss?

Last edited:
It's indeed very tough to beat him in 40 turns. It took a LOT of planning and thinking on the builds. Mercurius will give 45%+ extra damage with high critical probability when attacking an enemy with an elemental art that is the weakness of the said enemy. In this case it's wind, Ixion Volt. Combine that with Vega you are sure to deal very high critical elemental art damage to him per your attack turn.

Increases damage when exploiting weaknesses
Increased by up to 45%
45% chance
EP increases automatically
EP+10 every turn
+
65% chance

And equip your squad with accessories and quartz that will give high art attack stat bonuses with high Ep bonuses so you don't have to waste your turn to recharge your EP to do the elemental attacks. And combine it with Nadia's order to increase even further the art attack stats of your squad then the next turn switch to Lapis' order to prevent the boss attacks to kill your squad so you can continue attacking him without wasting a lot of turns on defense. And you also need to equip your squad with speed increasing quartz to prevent the boss from eating up many of the 40 turns limit to himself.

Though I don't think I was over leveled because at level 121 if you defeated the strong monster roaming around in the "dungeon" it would give you only very little exp points so grinding would take a very long time to level up beyond 121 at this time in the "dungeon".

Also Maybe you were too underleveled when you fought the boss?

I went back and checked and my party was between level 113-115 and I did not have mercurial as a master quartz yet. While I did underestimate the amount of damage arts do almost for the entire game, I wasn't damage that was lacking in my build. I was getting destroyed by his attacks which kill me though lapis's brave order plus his surprise ultimates which he spammed more than any boss in any previous trails game. But the trick in the end was me finally figuring out his attacks were almost all magic not physical, so when I started stacking shields and using Catsith and katze on everyone, it became easy to beat him.

Indeed, Katze. and Catsith and also Deva are very useful against bosses with magic attacks.

I really think they should have just focused on Nadia and Swine at the start of the game instead of Rean, could have showed their struggle with the Emperor and give more weight to their story.
Indeed, more scenes with the emperor, Nadia and Swin stuff would be nice indeed.

new year Maid Kimono Sharon PLOT artwork
FwVlrDe.png

Back