• Climbs a tree, a mountain, and a castle wall
  • Chops down a tree to create a bridge
  • Uses a torch to set some grass on fire
  • Cooks a dish with some mushrooms
  • Pushs a boulder on some enemies
  • Shoots down a beehive to send swarms of bees at some enemies
  • Uses a magnet to lift a plank from the water
  • Wears a suit of armor

At long last the new Zelda game has been revealed today at Nintendo's E3 and is very appropriately called The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild. and the game is massive, Skyrim massive.

You can see gameplay here, here and here. With more in the video's sidebar. You can get a written impression here.

If you like to know more why or why not Link is male in this, read this by kotaku.

So what are your thoughts?

Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild looks like a nice game. I like the graphics, and the gameplay look great on the trailer.

This is exactly how I think a New Zelda game should be. I love the massive world and different types of actions that Link could do. This game reminds me of the Monster Hunter series. Let's see how it pans out when it's released.

E3 is a bit loaded this year. A new Legend of Zelda game? Yes please! I have been playing all the games for a really long time now, and it still holds up (I had one of my cousins playing A Link to the past a few months ago) and he said he really liked it, even with the outdated graphics and monotonous sound. I guess you can't really teach good gameplay to newer ones, and the old games with great gameplay still outlast those subpar games with great graphics. I can't wait to play this one, and with God of War and the reboot of the old Crash Bandicoot games, my wallet is seriously in deep trouble right now.

I thought that Zelda alone could not drag Nintendo during this E3 just by itself.
Oh boy, was I wrong.
This game is exactly what it should have been. A mix of old and new: keep the old formula, but mix it up with new elements to make it feel fresh. They still kept in those elements that make Zelda stand out among all other videogames, such as that fairytalish atmosphere, that Studio Ghibli-like artistic style and just that magical feeling you get when playing it, while still adding RPG/Survival elements that can greatly improve the game's gameplay.
The map is just as huge as they said, but it's not the empty kind. While watching the Treehouse streaming, even though the demo was limited to a fairly small area, the setting kept changing and they always managed to find new elements. Plus, they gave the player much more freedom. I was impressed by how much you can interact with the surrounding environment.
The way I see it, Breath of the Wild has all the cards to be one of the best open-world games of all time. I just hope they'll play them well.

This is exactly what I imagined when I heard the title to begin with. I mean, it is absolutely breath-taking and beautiful. I think I could walk around the world for hours and try to experience as many things as I can. The graphics are way too gorgeous not to try and see everything that is contained in this virtual world! I like how the game seems limitless and can take a totally different direction than other games have shown in the series. I'm totally excited to get my hands on this game!

I think the controversy over the gender of Link is over blown on both sides. I would have liked a female Link option as well, but oh well. So many people are upset that they didn't make this change. Just as many people were upset when people even suggested Link be a girl. I don't understand why it even matters. Link has always been designed to appear androgynous. Furthermore, him being a silent protagonist just adds to it. You are supposed to project yourself onto him regardless of who you are. If Link's gender really takes people out of the game, idk what to say.

Man this game looks amazing. I really like what they've added in this instalment of the series. As weird as it may sound, espeacially since it's a fantasy game, but it kind of feels more realistic. You're literally out and about in the wild and in oreder to survive you literally have to scavange this time around. Don't get me wrong, filling your health and magic meter by cutting grass and throwing rocks was just fine with me, but I like this twist that they did. You even get to kill monsters and use thei weapons against them. As far as the open world aspect of it all, I'm all for it. The bigger the map the better when it comes to Zelda. That just means a longer and more enjoyable Zelda game. Don't know why anyone would want to limit that with this game. Then as far as Link not being a girl...really...that's something worth being mad about? After all this time and ll the games that have came out, people want to hate on the fact that links not a girl. He's never been one to begin with. It was never a big deal before so why care about it now. Quit stewing over petty things and just enjoy the game already. You want an open world game with a female character so bad, then go play Zero Dawn when it comes out. Go play Tome Raider, Final Fantasy, Bloodborne, Resident Evil, or Bayonetta.

Yeah, this game looks incredible. Seriously though, what can I even say at this point? It's a day one purchase, no thinking required. Well, for me at least...

I honestly see both the biggest positive and negative to this game being the open-world. On one side, the open world is nice as long as there is plenty to do, but on the down side having a vast but rather empty feeling one can really ruin the game-play so hopefully with the horse riding and gliding seen in the trailer one can actually get around fast enough to still make the game quite fun and interactive much like Windwaker did. I feel it's promising enough to at least give it a shot and see what happens, :)

I haven't played a Zelda game since Twilight Princess, but this one looks pretty cool. The art is pretty, the physics are cool, not sure about the gameplay/story but knowing Zelda it's probably top notch. I probably won't play it because I don't have a Ninentdo system, but maybe I'll look at a playthrough or a let's play for it this time.

Back