Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Alright, so sometime this year we will hear details about Nintendo's Ninth Generation console which is code name NX, till we get that details the rumor mill is going to be churning at full speed and today some info was leaked or made up.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01...k-with-smartphones-pcs-and-competing-consoles

What the leak says is that the NX will have connectivity between a handheld and console unit, achievement-based system, 4K/60FPS video streaming and gameplay graphics that run in 900p at 60FPS which will also work with PCs, smartphones and other consoles like the PS4.

Not sure how that all works or if this is what Nintendo is really doing (remember, rumor or made up till confirmed) but I'll update this if there are any more rumors and if you see anything feel free to post them below.

update 1/28

its being rumored that a new smash bros will be an NX launch title source.

Nintendo will announce a brand new handheld device that ties in with the NX. Source.

update 2/21

Current rumor going around that both FF 15 and FF 7 remake will be on the NX console. source

update 5/5

A current rumor is that Nintendo could be going back to cartridges for their games instead of discs.

Anything confirmed will be posted in our news section.

update 8/21

A possible (fake) leak of the name, release date and games has been posted.

Last edited:
When they say "old" games, I hope they're going back to the DS. I'd like to purchase the SMT DS game since I've never gotten the opportunity to play it.

I'm sorry, but I really doubt all these rumours. I mean, I've written about them on my own sites, but come on, they're all the type of 'too good to be true' stuff that could only be thought up by a gaming forum/reddit/4chan user. Connectivity with rival consoles? Super Smash Bros at launch? That's the sort of thing you hope for as a million to one chance, not the kind of thing I see Nintendo as actually ever doing for the system.

I'm sorry, but I really doubt all these rumours. I mean, I've written about them on my own sites, but come on, they're all the type of 'too good to be true' stuff that could only be thought up by a gaming forum/reddit/4chan user. Connectivity with rival consoles? Super Smash Bros at launch? That's the sort of thing you hope for as a million to one chance, not the kind of thing I see Nintendo as actually ever doing for the system.

If Nintendo was really smart they make a smash bros title for a launch title but to do that means they would have had to work on it nearly at the same time as the last two games for Wii U and 3DS.

I'm not sure if people are bored this time, but the Wii U didn't have as much rumor press if I remember right so one of these is most likely right.

I still think the best solution for Nintendo would be to start work on games way before they're meant to be released, then surprise everyone with their existence a bit later down the line. So the games for the NX would be 100% complete long before their release, they'd just finally start revealing information a little later and building up the hype as they go.

I still think the best solution for Nintendo would be to start work on games way before they're meant to be released, then surprise everyone with their existence a bit later down the line. So the games for the NX would be 100% complete long before their release, they'd just finally start revealing information a little later and building up the hype as they go.

that is the thing to do, but I'm not sure if the market is set up for that anymore. With game expenses so high, they may need their money returned asap.

Well, if they don't do that, they lose out on a lot of cash further down the line. Having long droughts between games will hurt sales far worse than taking a while to release one.

Well, Nintendo was the first one to introduce the "wireless" controller. Also, Nintendo has been the only one that allows you to play video games in 3D (grant it, it's a handheld). But Nintendo has made some pretty good advances in the video game world (at least, I think so). So I don't see why they can't keep doing it.

Well, Nintendo was the first one to introduce the "wireless" controller. Also, Nintendo has been the only one that allows you to play video games in 3D (grant it, it's a handheld). But Nintendo has made some pretty good advances in the video game world (at least, I think so). So I don't see why they can't keep doing it.

people tend to hate their unique approach in a world full of power and graphics.

people tend to hate their unique approach in a world full of power and graphics.

Well, I'm more into what games they produce for the console over anything else. If there isn't enough there to keep me entertained then the console isn't worth buying in my opinion. What am I suppose to do with graphics if I'm there aren't any games to play on it in the first place? (I'm not trying to be rude, sorry)

Well, I'm more into what games they produce for the console over anything else. If there isn't enough there to keep me entertained then the console isn't worth buying in my opinion. What am I suppose to do with graphics if I'm there aren't any games to play on it in the first place? (I'm not trying to be rude, sorry)

I'm the same way, but I've seen people pass on games because it didn't look good.

Eh, I don't believe in a lot of rumours. The only ones that kind of make sense are the ones about the NX being sold in two parts. Handheld and home console. The handheld coming out this year. They'll also be cross compatible. I don't know how that'll go if it's true. It sounds nice, because it gives us a chance to enjoy the Wii U for a bit longer, as well as enjoy some NX goodness.

Eh, I don't believe in a lot of rumours. The only ones that kind of make sense are the ones about the NX being sold in two parts. Handheld and home console. The handheld coming out this year. They'll also be cross compatible. I don't know how that'll go if it's true. It sounds nice, because it gives us a chance to enjoy the Wii U for a bit longer, as well as enjoy some NX goodness.

God I hope you're wrong, I won't support a system being split into two. DLC is bad enough but if that catches on I swear I'm going back to N64.

Back