Switch The NX Rumors

My hope was that it'd go on sale in June and I'd be able to play over the summer. Well that isn't going to happen (obviously) but hopefully it'll be out by December :/

My hope was that it'd go on sale in June and I'd be able to play over the summer. Well that isn't going to happen (obviously) but hopefully it'll be out by December :/

missed the news I take it? NX is coming out on March 2017.

how it should be, but the gaming world is moving in other directions.

I've heard of people that prefer the other consoles from Microsoft and Sony because they like this better or that better. Yeah, there are somethings that they might do better but I'm a Nintendo person, I guess. I have been a fan since I was little. Microsoft and Sony wasn't part of the picture when I started playing video games so that is kind of where their downfall is. I learned to like Nintendo and their stuff way before the others entered into the picture.

I've heard of people that prefer the other consoles from Microsoft and Sony because they like this better or that better. Yeah, there are somethings that they might do better but I'm a Nintendo person, I guess. I have been a fan since I was little. Microsoft and Sony wasn't part of the picture when I started playing video games so that is kind of where their downfall is. I learned to like Nintendo and their stuff way before the others entered into the picture.

I came into gaming between the NES and SNES era so same for me. Playstation was a nice addition but Xbox might be too much.

Same here. Nintendo have the history that Sony and Microsoft just don't have. It's harder to relate to my friends who just don't understand the excitement about a new Nintendo console.

I used to think Nintendo need to drop the "gimmicks," but now I don't think they need to, I want them to keep being different and never go the way of Sony/Microsoft by just doing the same thing but with better graphics.

The only thing they screwed up on with the Wii U was the name and marketing. The console itself, with the gamepad functionality worked fine and was great fun when they implemented it. The Wii U is so much more interesting than the PS4/Xbox One, though I own a PS4 and all the PlayStations. I do like Sony, but Nintendo are just more exciting and unpredictable.

So I have faith that I'll love the NX, because Nintendo has proven themselves (since I was a kid with the NES) that they can deliver awesome consoles.

All I hope for the NX is:

That it has more than one 1st party exclusive choice at launch (we know about Zelda, but I hope for another one).

They advertise the shit out of it before release and after launch.

Bring back third party support and maintain it. I don't care if they keep the "kiddy" image (personally they don't have a "kiddy" image to me, it's more of a "I don't care what you think of us, just having fun" image.) They need 3rd party support and to lose the casual image.

No matter what they do, I'll be buying it, because it'll have the games I love on it.

I came into gaming between the NES and SNES era so same for me. Playstation was a nice addition but Xbox might be too much.

I agree. If I didn't have Nintendo, I'd go with Playstation over X-Box anyday.

Same here. Nintendo have the history that Sony and Microsoft just don't have. It's harder to relate to my friends who just don't understand the excitement about a new Nintendo console.

I used to think Nintendo need to drop the "gimmicks," but now I don't think they need to, I want them to keep being different and never go the way of Sony/Microsoft by just doing the same thing but with better graphics.

The only thing they screwed up on with the Wii U was the name and marketing. The console itself, with the gamepad functionality worked fine and was great fun when they implemented it. The Wii U is so much more interesting than the PS4/Xbox One, though I own a PS4 and all the PlayStations. I do like Sony, but Nintendo are just more exciting and unpredictable.

So I have faith that I'll love the NX, because Nintendo has proven themselves (since I was a kid with the NES) that they can deliver awesome consoles.

All I hope for the NX is:

That it has more than one 1st party exclusive choice at launch (we know about Zelda, but I hope for another one).

They advertise the shit out of it before release and after launch.

Bring back third party support and maintain it. I don't care if they keep the "kiddy" image (personally they don't have a "kiddy" image to me, it's more of a "I don't care what you think of us, just having fun" image.) They need 3rd party support and to lose the casual image.

No matter what they do, I'll be buying it, because it'll have the games I love on it.

Exactly! I think Nintendo should keep being different from the others. It's what makes them stand out. I actually likes the Wii U. I liked the idea that I could keep playing my game when someone else wanted to watch something on tv. No fights broke out over the big tv in the living room.

Whats hard to remember about NX?

NX is not very catchy, and sounds kind of boring, so I think a lot of people who are not Nintendo fans will forget about the NX name after not reading news about the NX on a regular basis.

Back