Top Gun: Maverick

Heard good things about it. Might end up seeing it when it comes to a smaller theater.

The small DLC for MS Flight Sim has been quite fun. The trailer looks great too so I'll probably give it a watch at some point

Heard good things about it. Might end up seeing it when it comes to a smaller theater.

The small DLC for MS Flight Sim has been quite fun. The trailer looks great too so I'll probably give it a watch at some point
Watch the first movie first to get a better "feel" when watching the second with the characters stuff. I am planning to watch it too later.

I've actually never seen the original though the soundtrack is great. I really can't stand Tom Crusie though, the guy is a massive douche.

I've actually never seen the original though the soundtrack is great. I really can't stand Tom Crusie though, the guy is a massive douche.
The F-14 Tomcat and the F/A - 18 Hornet are the " True Stars "of the movie though not Tom without them "Combat Waifus" lol, the movie is nothing.

The small DLC for MS Flight Sim has been quite fun.

So have you done a Case I Carrier landing in the Hornet per NATOPS manual with the DLC for MSFS?

VRcTDc2.gif

So have you done a Case I Carrier landing in the Hornet per NATOPS manual with the DLC for MSFS?

VRcTDc2.gif
I'll try it one day but at the moment I've just been messing around with the Darkstar and going as fast as possible.

I did see this movie in theaters for Father's Day last Wednesday. Now I have to see the first one.

Reactions: cm2
read from CBR ,movie is doing great in Japan too:

Top Gun Maverick claims the top spot at the Japanese box office as Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero slips to second.

As reported by Japanese film site Eiga, Tom Cruise's high-flying blockbuster managed to claim first place at the country's box office rankings this weekend, knocking Dragon Ball Super into the runner-up position. Maverick made its Japanese debut four weeks ago and is still going strong, having pulled in a total of over 5 billion yen, or about $36.7 million USD in the region. Super Hero, meanwhile, crossed the 1 billion yen (about $7 million USD) line during its second week in theaters. The top three was rounded out by another anime movie, the rom-com Quintessential Quintuplets The Movie, which managed a late comeback during its fifth week in theaters, knocking Shin Ultraman into the fourth spot.

I'll try it one day but at the moment I've just been messing around with the Darkstar and going as fast as possible.
Nice. Are the LSO Supercarrier Landing Grades included in the DLC? and also are the proper radio calls from the LSO and from the pilot doing the landing, like calling the "Hornet" ball during the final glide at 3/4 miles included too in the DLC?
LSO5.jpg.93a708826c60a6ec5989de69df3651b7.jpg

I did see this movie in theaters for Father's Day last Wednesday. Now I have to see the first one.
So, based on this movie only (without taking into account the first Top Gun Movie), do you prefer the F-14 Tomcat "waifu" or the F/A - 18 Hornet "waifu" lol? The first Top Gun Movie unexpectedly made the F-14 Tomcat famous and caused a surge in the number of people wanted to join the navy to fly the F-14 Tomcat "waifu", the first movie ended up like a very long and sexy ad for the F-14 Tomcat "waifu" lol.

So, based on this movie only (without taking into account the first Top Gun Movie), do you prefer the F-14 Tomcat "waifu" or the F/A - 18 Hornet "waifu" lol? The first Top Gun Movie unexpectedly made the F-14 Tomcat famous and caused a surge in the number of people wanted to join the navy to fly the F-14 Tomcat "waifu", the first movie ended up like a very long and sexy ad for the F-14 Tomcat "waifu" lol.
I like the design of the Tomcat better I guess.

Nice. Are the LSO Supercarrier Landing Grades included in the DLC? and also are the proper radio calls from the LSO and from the pilot doing the landing, like calling the "Hornet" ball during the final glide at 3/4 miles included too in the DLC?
LSO5.jpg.93a708826c60a6ec5989de69df3651b7.jpg
I'm not going to lie, I actually have no idea. They do make sure that everything is realistic so I guess they must have it

I'm not going to lie, I actually have no idea. They do make sure that everything is realistic so I guess they must have it
I saw a video on it and from the video at 10:54, it's just a bare minimum carrier landing, no proper radio calls, and grades are not LSO grading but custom one and no Case I or II or III procedure needed. Though with the NATOPS procedures I think you can still do it on your own :

Last edited:
I like the design of the Tomcat better I guess.
Tomcat though older can beat the Hornet in close range dogfight if you use her super powerful engines effectively that is by forcing the hornet to climb up alot. And with BVR (Beyond Visual Range) combat, Tomcat has really long range AIM 54 Phoenix Missiles, so she can fire her missiles first when engaging the Hornet in BVR combat. Hornet's Long range missiles are the AIM 120s with much less effective range, so Hornet will be forced to go into the defensive early before having the chance to shoot her long range missiles.

nice shots of both "waifus" :
BnlHfil.jpg

fspG4OU.jpg

Last edited:
Back