Top Gun: Maverick

Anime Top Gun lol

That display inside the plane looking nice.
Indeed.

With the movie being a big hit in Japan, wonder if there will be an official anime spin off of Top Gun.

Read from CBR movie just beat Titanic:

Top Gun: Maverick has officially grossed more in its domestic first-run than Titanic, Paramount Pictures' all-time highest-grossing film.
According to a report from Deadline, Top Gun: Maverick's domestic first-run release numbers are $601.9 million against Titanic's $600.7 million.

Celebrating the box office success of Top Gun: Maverick, Paramount Pictures President and CEO Brian Robbins said "Top Gun: Maverick is a phenomenal motion picture, and we take deep pride in celebrating this tremendous achievement alongside Tom Cruise, our filmmakers and cast, our marketing and distribution teams, and, o course, all the new and original Top Gun fans, without whom this wouldn't have been possible."

Indeed.

With the movie being a big hit in Japan, wonder if there will be an official anime spin off of Top Gun.
You never know there could be.

I have watched Top Gun : Maverick and it's a super interesting movie. I thought he was going to die when he was shutdown.

Movie also broke digital streaming record, read from collider:

Top Gun: Maverick is breaking new records as the best-selling week-one digital sell-through release of all time in the United States. This new impressive feat—which is almost as impressive as Maverick's own record-breaking need for speed—comes on the heels of the legacy sequel flying past $1.4 billion at the global box office. In addition to this impressive feat, Top Gun: Maverick has also earned the acclaim of being the top-selling item on Amazon in the U.S. across every category on the site on Day 1. Additionally, it has held the #1 spot on Fandango's on-demand streaming service since its debut, with Vudu's two-film Top Gun and Top Gun: Maverick bundle taking off as their top-selling bundle.

It's my best movie for the year. I'm sure if another can beat it .
Movie is good indeed but not without "issues", like using the wrong radar mode lol, and overuse of Pugachev Cobra maneuver which is not that effective in real air to air dogfight.

I remember watching Top Gun, the original movie many years ago. While it wasn't a story that I am interested in, what makes me want to see it that it is REAL entertainment. No hidden agendas or leaning rights to one side.
I liked Miles Teller in the Divergent movies as well as playing Willard in a remake of Footloose.

I remember watching Top Gun, the original movie many years ago. While it wasn't a story that I am interested in, what makes me want to see it that it is REAL entertainment. No hidden agendas or leaning rights to one side.
I liked Miles Teller in the Divergent movies as well as playing Willard in a remake of Footloose.
I will say this now and you can say whatever but it's ableist.

Wasn’t that the reason he crashed in the first movie? One of his engines went out first and put him in a spin just like this? Just curious

Wasn’t that the reason he crashed in the first movie? One of his engines went out first and put him in a spin just like this? Just curious
In the movie it's due to the "Jet Wash" from Iceman's fighter. “Jet Wash” is actually Wake Turbulence. A pilot refers to this as Wake Turbulence or simply Wake. This is because the output of the jet engines is minor compared to the other components of Wake Turbulence, primarily the vortices that are coming off of the airplane’s wingtips.

That Wake Turbulence encounter could lead to an unintentional spin entry, possibly caused or aggravated by a single-engine flameout resulting in asymmetric thrust, depending on the circumstances, and that spin could be deadly. F-14s are notoriously not fond of spins. The chief test pilot at the time for Grumman (the F-14’s manufacturer) has publicly stated that spins, particularly flat spins, were a real issue in the F-14 program, and has even stated that a RIO brushed the canopy during one live ejection (which would be extremely unlikely unless the aircraft was in a flat spin).

As for an engine flameout, that can potentially occur any time that airflow or fuel flow is disrupted, both of which are possible during a wake encounter or spin in the F-14 (as well as in other flight regimes).

Real F-14 Flat Spin:

Saw a nice video with former F-14 Tomcat RIO Top Gun Instructor, Dave "Bio" Baranek :

I did enjoyed watching the new Top Gun : Maverick by Tom Cruise. I never watched the original first one. I might seek it out.

I did enjoyed watching the new Top Gun : Maverick by Tom Cruise. I never watched the original first one. I might seek it out.
So do you prefer The F-14 Tomcat Or The F/A - 18 Hornet ?

Back