PC/Mobile Valve's Steam Deck

Valve has officially announced their own handheld gaming PC called the Steam Deck, which will essentially function like a souped-up Switch that gives players access to their digital library of games on Steam.

As revealed in a report by IGN, the Steam Deck has a 7-inch, 60hz LCD screen with 1280x800 resolution. The Valve Steam Deck boasts an 8-thread CPU, 8 RDNA 2 compute units for the GPU, and 16 GBs of LPDDR5 RAM. A Switch-like dock will let Steam Deck users connect their handheld console to "external displays," but it will be sold separately. Overall, the Valve Steam Deck is significantly more powerful than a Nintendo Switch, though that boost in power comes with a much higher asking price.

When the Valve Steam Deck launches this holiday season three models will be available for consumers to choose from. This includes the 64 GB model for $399, the 256 GB model for $529, and the 512 GB model for $649. Valve's goal is to make it so players can take their entire Steam library on the go.

No release date has been given for it.
An article on the Steam Deck already exist here

Yuzu Switch emulator was on the latest Steam Deck official video for a while lol then Valve quickly changed the video and uploaded a new one.

I wonder how many people are buying the Steam Deck. I have not seen one in real life, or hear many people talk about the Steam Deck.

Steam Deck OLED version announced:

Steam Deck OLED
All the things you love about Steam Deck, now with an OLED screen, better battery life, faster Wi-Fi, and more.
  • Brighter Colors, Blacker Blacks – Steam Deck’s HDR OLED display is designed from the ground up for gaming, with striking contrast, brilliant clarity, and a larger picture. With more colors, pure blacks, and amazing motion rendition, you’ll see your games in a new light.
  • More Time to Play – Steam Deck OLED has 30 to 50 percent more battery life. We fit a bigger battery into the case, and the OLED display draws less power. Add in an updated, more efficient AMD APU and you have way more time to play your favorites.
  • Faster Downloads – Steam Deck OLED comes with Wi-Fi 6E, offering increased bandwidth and lower latency. This means faster downloads (up to three times faster!) and stable online play.
  • Lighter, Cooler – Thanks to a bigger fan and updated thermals, Steam Deck OLED runs cooler. It weighs 30g, or approximately five percent lighter than the LCD model, due to the screen.

Now they finally have a version I can afford...slightly.

I wonder if there would be a price drop on the LCD version of the Steamdeck now that the OLED version is released,

Back