[Walkthrough Discussion]Mario Kart 7; Cheats, Unlockables and More

I just unlocked my mii after getting all gold cups in 50cc! What the...

I have some thing to add if you press R as you take off on a ramp you do trick and it gives you a boost!

I have some thing to add if you press R as you take off on a ramp you do trick and it gives you a boost!
Thanks for the tip but unfortunately that's already on the instruction manual.

I have a tip-related question: How do you set to use the gyro controls? I heard that using them enough would unlock something too but I couldn't even find an options menu.

I have a tip-related question: How do you set to use the gyro controls? I heard that using them enough would unlock something too but I couldn't even find an options menu.
Press up on the Dpad and any other directionto go back to normal.

Random useless tip I just discovered: you can also avoid a Blue Shell by having an ally/non-attentive enemy hit you with Lightning just as the shell approaches. This lets you recover faster and avoid being passed so easily as everyone else is tiny too.

Not sure if the same would work by hitting a barrier to jolt you back before the shell hits.

I've always wondered why Rosalina was always on the heavy class....
Implying that Rosalina is fat...

Think about it in terms of Mario Galaxy. Mario, like all the other characters, are SD (super deformed) so that they are short but have larger than average heads. Rosalina, as seen in that game, is actually proportioned more like a real person, standing nearly twice as tall as Mario. Weight wise, that would make her a good bit heavier.

Think about it in terms of Mario Galaxy. Mario, like all the other characters, are SD (super deformed) so that they are short but have larger than average heads. Rosalina, as seen in that game, is actually proportioned more like a real person, standing nearly twice as tall as Mario. Weight wise, that would make her a good bit heavier.
LOL it was a joke...

But she can't be that heavy.. She floats after all.

Ha, Ha... true. Anyways, even if she was like a normal human, how would that make her as heavy as Bowser or DK?

To be specific, Bowser, Wario, Queen Bee and Metal Mario are all Heavy.

Rosalina, DK and Wiggler are all Cruiser (a weight between standard and heavy). Basically, I think it's what SpoonySage said said, just the extra height that makes up for it.

• I guess this could be added too...there's two parts called the Gold Glider, and the Gold Kart, you need 10,000 Coins for the Gold Glider, and the Gold Kart needs 20,000 Coins. I heard there's two other methods for unlocking these parts..

• The maximum needed to unlock all the parts asides from the two already mentioned, plus Gold Tires, is 5,000.

• I guess this could be added too...there's two parts called the Gold Glider, and the Gold Kart, you need 10,000 Coins for the Gold Glider, and the Gold Kart needs 20,000 Coins. I heard there's two other methods for unlocking these parts..

• The maximum needed to unlock all the parts asides from the two already mentioned, plus Gold Tires, is 5,000.
You also get them if you get 10.000 VR or 20.000VR for the other one. I think you need to use streetpass for the golden tires.

You also get them if you get 10.000 VR or 20.000VR for the other one. I think you need to use streetpass for the golden tires.
You need at least one star rank on each cup to unlock golden tires.

Back