BabyJ

Awards
Credits
I've been thinking, our gamer console could easily be a good target for these cyber hackers to come at us.

It could be our smart devices at home as well and it got me thinking, I'm also worried for my kids and loved ones too while i'm away.

I came across a DIY article that can help solve this situation. I wouldn't mind sharing for someone else who feels the same way i do.

I don't think I've ever thought about a games console getting hacked like some of the smart devices can be. Is that even possible?

I worry about my game console user account getting hacked, and someone pretending to be me online, and stealing my personal info.

And not to mention them breaking the Terms of Service and getting my account banned for life when I haven't been doing it! That would be terrible, and EXTREMELY difficult to resolve (Looking at YOU NINTENDO!! What have YOU done for us lately!?)!

I'm talking about everyone, not me! What I meant is how Nintendo doesn't help those who had their account hacked and never lifted a victim's bans even though they did nothing wrong! How Nintendo is so Anti-Consumer!

I miss the days where game consoles did not require online user accounts which can get hacked, and you just needed a console, a game disc and memory card for saving game progress.

I scanned my console last week only for me to find out I was very vulnerable to being hacked.

I read a DIY article on this same issue and that was how I was able to sort it out.

Has any one heard about Simius A.I.?

If I spent hundreds of hours on a game, I would be very concerned that my console and game gets hacked, and someone deleted my save files.

Yes Demon_Skeith Demon_Skeith and my smart devices.

I even came across an article where a hacker was talking to a woman's kids through her webcam :astonished: it was terrifying when i saw it on the news.
As long as our devices can be connected to the internet, it is prone to being hacked :frowning:
It's just a matter of time, that is why we all need to be safe and secure :thumbsup

After I used Simius A.I. to scan my console and my devices, I found out I was vulnerable and I had to tighten up my space.
I'm quite surprised you guys haven't come across it before :confused:

this is why I don't spend hundreds of hours on games.

I feel most people may spend hundreds of hours per years on games if they own many games.

Spending hundreds of hours on games can be fun if I am into sidequests. Some game bosses are hard to beat, so some users may spend many hours beating many bosses in a game.

If I spent hundreds of hours on a game, I would be very concerned that my console and game gets hacked, and someone deleted my save files.

This right here would make me so angry. Loosing my progress on a game, especially if it was a really hard game.

Back