Why is everyone so afraid of Coronavirus?

It'a also worth considering the knock on effect the virus might have.

Sure, most people won't die from it.

But imagine it causes millions of people to need hospital care.

Now imagine what happens to those many other millions who fall ill/get injured for other reasons, and also need those hospital resources. They're now in trouble, since the coronavirus cases have used up all the beds or what not.

It's less the one virus being a problem, and more that it'll also create a knock on effect that'll leave the medical system woefully under equipped, since it has to both cope with the pandemic and every other illness/injury that would have happened before.

Yeah it's not so simple.
I wonder if we can find a cure in the next month or not. People are really in shock as it is

Yep, even if people don't kick the bucket this is causing lots of other issues, a huge ripple effect.
That is indeed Bad
But the moment someone says it can cause death, everyone will panic and they will have many prejudices

There is a reason for concern but if you are careful and practice proper hygiene you'll be fine. The media is stirring people into a larger panic than is needed.

I feel everyone is overreacting about it! The reason everyone is making such a big deal about it is because it is something we have never really seen before! Same thing with Swine Flu in the USA around 10 years ago! I don't think it should ignored under any circumstances though! They are just making it out to be more serious that it really seems to be! Just don't spread it, and those who have a good immune system shouldn't have much to worry about! The flu is MUCH worse than coronavirus seems to be, and don't even get me started with Bird Flu! Bird Flu will kill easily!

Last edited:
I feel one of the reason people are afraid of the Coronavirus is because some people feel the government may not be doing enough to keep their country clean, and teach people to be more clean and have less human contact, so the Coronavirus will be undercontrol.

I feel one of the reason people are afraid of the Coronavirus is because some people feel the government may not be doing enough to keep their country clean, and teach people to be more clean and have less human contact, so the Coronavirus will be undercontrol.
Yeah but that's not entirely possible.
Government alone can't do much and here they are treating people as untouchable, if someone gets the virus. I can understand the importance but even those people are humans..... ugh...never mind ;_;

Yeah but that's not entirely possible.
Government alone can't do much and here they are treating people as untouchable, if someone gets the virus. I can understand the importance but even those people are humans..... ugh...never mind ;_;

In North America, a lot of workers like hotel workers are afraid of losing their job because of the coronavirus shutting down their city. Some unemployed people want the givernment to guve them money to buy food and pay rent until the Coronavirus crisis is gone, or they can safely go back to work.

In North America, a lot of workers like hotel workers are afraid of losing their job because of the coronavirus shutting down their city. Some unemployed people want the givernment to guve them money to buy food and pay rent until the Coronavirus crisis is gone, or they can safely go back to work.
Coronavirus is seriously effecting people who gets daily wages.
I really hope they will be fine somehow and government should look after them for the time being

Coronavirus is seriously effecting people who gets daily wages.
I really hope they will be fine somehow and government should look after them for the time being

I feel poor people will have the most trouble during the Coronavirus outbreak because food may become more expensive or harder to find because many people are buying a lot of food for themselves even if the food may expire beforr they can eat it sll.

Hopefully, the government can help poorer people who may not be able to afford food, or find food if there is a food shortage.

At least, there is the internet which can help nrepeople raise money

I feel poor people will have the most trouble during the Coronavirus outbreak because food may become more expensive or harder to find because many people are buying a lot of food for themselves even if the food may expire beforr they can eat it sll.

Hopefully, the government can help poorer people who may not be able to afford food, or find food if there is a food shortage.

At least, there is the internet which can help nrepeople raise money
Yeah but not everyone can make decent money with internet.
Also everything would become very expensive and stuff like milk etc, would be very hard to get

That's horrible.
I really wish we could find a cure to it already.

Unfortunately, I feel it may take months for a medical company to find a cure if a cure is ever invented in the future. Hopefully, a cure can be found soon.

I hope the amount of people getting infected with the Coronavirus is not as high. I hope more people in countries with the Coronavirus are staying home more. People maybe unknowingly spreading the virus, or ccan get themselves infected with the virus, and spread it to more people.

Back