will the new Zelda for 3ds in realistic mode or toon link? what you prefer?

3dsgamer

The legend of smash mario and pokemon 3d
Awards
Credits
hey guys, i want to see the new Zelda for 3ds in realistic mode no like the ds games series because the toon link is so bored and the best way to see link is like in twilight princess or skyward sword or ocarina of time. what do you think?

Fingers crossed for realistic Link! I've never been a fan of the toon link, personally. I might manage though if it isn't all vast oceans again.

I'm hoping for realistic graphics. I'm tired of the toon graphics.

The DS games didn't give Toon Link enough justice. However, they were good, don't get me wrong but they didn't give me near satisfaction as I would've liked. I think another toon link installment would be nice for the 3DS. I do agree with you guys, I to want a realistic looking Zelda game. Let's face it, the 3ds wouldn't be any good for those kind of graphics. They need to be jaw dropping. I see it for the Wii U but not for the 3DS.

I agree, Zelda Wii U will be realistic. Zelda 3ds may not be to prvide a contrast between them, which further highlight this slightly new direction the series is going in.

I think the 3DS one will probably be realistic, or at least quasi realistic (Ocarina of Time 3D style). This is because let's face it, that style works best for the system.

The Wii U one on the other hand will probably be ultra realistic ala Twilight Princess HD.

i prefer the realistic mode because the toon link is so bored with imagination and entertainment but is time to have a original zelda game realistic like TP for a handheld system and not the bored zelda games for the ds

I would like a design similar to the OoT 3D look. It worked out great and shows that it can be done. If it is the Toon Link style I simply dont know if I will be able to take it seriously.

I prefer toon Link. Phantom Hourglass wouldn't be the same with Twilight Link.

Well Phantom Hourglass is a bad game reguardless of what Link is in it, so that's a horrible example to use.

what did you not like about it? Admittedly, the reason I like it so much is probably because it was my first DS game, but that doesn't stop Linebeck from being one of my favourite characters from the series.

what did you not like about it? Admittedly, the reason I like it so much is probably because it was my first DS game, but that doesn't stop Linebeck from being one of my favourite characters from the series.

The game is way too easy for one. Two the game has a lot of back tracking making the game less fun. Finally
it was all a dream. If there is one thing I can't stand, it's when a game is a dream. I feel like I did nothing through the whole game. Which is why Mario 2 isn't my favorite and it goes for movies as well.

The game is way too easy for one. Two the game has a lot of back tracking making the game less fun. Finally
it was all a dream. If there is one thing I can't stand, it's when a game is a dream. I feel like I did nothing through the whole game. Which is why Mario 2 isn't my favorite and it goes for movies as well.

It wasn't a dream, at the end of the game after they all think it is a dream Link gets the Phantom Hourglass out of his pocket and you see Linebeck's new boat when the camera moves!

It wasn't a dream, at the end of the game after they all think it is a dream Link gets the Phantom Hourglass out of his pocket and you see Linebeck's new boat when the camera moves!

He woke up on the same ship that they went on, plus the pirates said it was only a few minutes. It was a dream. If it wasn't, then it was all imaginary, but really I think Link and Tetra had the same dream.

yeah the phantom hourglass was fun because was the first zelda on the ds but compared with twilight princess you are so wrong in that way, the realistic link (real link) is so much excellent because the style of link is more comfortable and the puzzles are very difficult

It always seems like the toon link games are all sequels to Windwaker, such as Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks (Awesome games btw). However, the convenience for Nintendo to have a Link that is shorter and easier to fit on a DS/3DS screen may be too much to handle.

Because Phantom Hourglass was my first Zelda game, while I admit it wasn't the best, it defiently wasn't the worst Zelda game.

What's with all the Toon Link hate?
I love the style of Wind Waker! It's so...FUN! :grin: I think Zelda needs some kind of style. It doesn't necessarily have to be a cell shaded toony style in every game but at least some kind of style.
There's nothing I hate more in video games than realism. It's really uninspired to make a game that looks like the real world. I play games to get away from that. Frankly there are some games where realism works but I don't feel like Zelda is one of them.
Detailed? Yes! Polished? Yes! Realistic? Not necessarily.

I didn't like the style of Twilight Princess. Everything felt so dull and empty. No colors, no joy...It always felt like Hyrule was already taken over by evil.
Don't get me wrong, a game that can make you feel creeped out, depressed and lonely can be a good thing (like Majora's Mask) but I just didn't like that the whole game was like that. Well...at least there was the Malo Mart. :3

I think Ocarina of Time is a good balance between sylized and realistic. At least it had colors. :U
Skyward Sword also looked great...well...except for the blurry textures.

I didn't love the DS ones either. Well, I liked them, I just didn't love them. But not because of the style but rather because of the gameplay.

I wish there was another game that plays like Minish Cap, A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening.
One that you control with buttons, not with the touchpen. One that uses hand-drawn graphics as opposed to 3D graphic.

Back