Would most keyboard be sold separately for most Laptops which are also tablets?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think it most laptops which are also tablets will not come bundled with a removable keyboard, so companies can sell it as a tablet for a cheaper price.

I think the Microsoft Surface tablets don't come bundle with the Keyboard cover.

PC Companies can earn more money by selling more than one keyboard to each user for people who buy many different colors of the same keyboard, and higher quality versions of the same keyboard for people like gamers who need a better gaming keyboard with a cool design.

They do, then people get mad when they see the price of the keyboard.

They do, then people get mad when they see the price of the keyboard.

I think people who get mad at the price of the keyboard will sometimes not buy both the laptop, and the keyboard, and just walk out of the store, or buy a laptop. A lot of the keybaords on tablets like the Microsoft Surface also use a non-standard data and power connector which makes it not re-usable on other tablets made by Dell, HP, and Asus.

It is disappointing that buying a tablet/laptop keyboard separately is expensive. These tablet laptop makers reminds me of expensive controllers for game consoles like the Xbox One controllers where a single controller can cost $60, or even more for controllers with a custom paint job.

I bet, laptop companies will have more loyal buyers if they sold keyboards for a more affordable price where buyers may buy more than one keyboard as an extra keyboard, so they still have an extra working keyboard to use when a keyboard breaks, get stolen or lost. There are some people who may buy different colors of the same keyboard for their laptop tablet hybrid device if they did not cost a lot of money.

Last edited:
Back