Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Today at it's big reveal, Microsoft has finally revealed their all in one system for games, entertainment, and television which is their next gen console; Xbox One! Which in it's first year will receive 15 exclusive video games.

The Xbox One includes 8GB of RAM, an 8-Core CPU, a 500GB hard drive, a Blu-ray drive, HDMI in and out ports, USB 3.0, 802.11n wireless, 64-bit architecture, and much more. With it includes a new version of the Kinect sensor and it will not be backwards compatible  with no plans to fix that.

Since the kinect comes with it, it doubles as the systems start key. In short, Kinect will have to be used or at least connected to Xbox One for the system to work.

To faithful fans of the Xbox 360, keep on gaming for your gaming score, avatar and everything else will be ported to Xbox one but your arcade buys due to the lack of backwards compatible.

Much like the PS4, Xbox One will be released Holiday 2013.

So what do you think GF gamers?

I hate Microsoft and Sony. At least Nintendo lets you play Wii games on the Wii U,
Biting_emoticon.gif

...either way, PC gaming FTW. I can play console quality games without having to buy consoles each time they're released.

Nice hardware specs...
And I can understand why backwards compatibility isn't possible given that emulating the 360 platform just wouldn't be possible with current hardware capabilities and it'd likely be too expensive for them to incorporate the chips needed for hardware emulation into the xbox one. (But that doesn't change the fact that the lack  of backwards compatibility is pretty crappy.)

But their policy on used games and having the system basically be always on (despite claims it isn't, and sure once every 24 hours isn't truly always... But that can still end up leaving people unable to play even offline/single player games for days. So is it really offline capable? Not really.)  means that there is almost 0% chance of me ever buying/owning this system. And even if I got this as a gift... I'd likely return it to the store, unopened, for a full refund to buy a PS4. (Even if the PS4 were 100$ more than the xbox one... I'd pay the extra and think nothing of it.)

Both the PS4, and Xbox One don't really interest me at this time with all the new extra features which I don't want like Kinect, Move, the Share Button, the speaker, touchpad and blue light on the controller for the PS4, and the HDMI overlay feature for watching TV on the One.

I rather buy a Wii U to play Wii, and Wii U games. Plus, Wii U owners also get a tablet for handheld gaming and apps when the TV is off, or being used by someone else to watch a movie or TV show, so it is like two devices for the price of one.

I read that Target in the US is having a price drop to 239.99 on the Wii U, so I think it would be the most affordable mainstream console since it also comes with a tablet controller. 239.99 is a great price since it cost less than the iPad Mini, and other tablets which are about the same size as the Wii U tablet.

Hopefully, Valve's Steambox will be made mainly for gaming while not making as many casual gaming and entertainment features like motion gaming, social networking, and TV/video streaming and overlays which can drive up the cost of the console where it is too expensive for most people, and add a lot of bloatware which uses up some hard drive space.

I hate it's name. As someone on another forum said, it's called the One cause it's 359 steps backward.

It's name is fine. It's fit for purpose.

The name shouldn't bother anyone, it's what the device can do that's important.

If anyone has a problem with the Wii U because of it's name need to grow up and realise the important thing is what it does and what it can do. The name means nothing because at the end of the day the Wii U will sit in people's homes and they will play games on it. What does the name matter honestly tell me what does it matter?

Not that it's bad is that people are getting confused. Not everybody is a hardcore gamer, casuals won't really know the difference just from it's name.

And someone bought an "Xbox One" on eBay. It was literally the first Xbox.

GamerPerfection said:
If anyone has a problem with the Wii U because of it's name need to grow up and realise the important thing is what it does and what it can do. The name means nothing because at the end of the day the Wii U will sit in people's homes and they will play games on it. What does the name matter honestly tell me what does it matter?
Nintnedo had to send out a message to all the Wii owners to explain their system was out of date and that something new was out. Every time I'm out and about and anyone is taking about the Wii U they do look like they are confused about it.

After all, there is any hardly any system to show off and just a added letter and one different controller to show the difference between the Wii and Wii U.

If I was MS I would have named the new system, Xbox Unity. Still represent all entertainment under one name and gives a clear distinction from their first system.

Demon_Skeith said:
Nintnedo had to send out a message to all the Wii owners to explain their system was out of date and that something new was out. Every time I'm out and about and anyone is taking about the Wii U they do look like they are confused about it.
So Wii owners were so stupid that when Wii U was released they didn't know what the hell it was? I mean come on.

GamerPerfection said:
So Wii owners were so stupid that when Wii U was released they didn't know what the hell it was? I mean come on.
I laughed so hard when the Wii U name was announced I pinch myself so I could stop laughing and listen to the rest of their E3 conference.

But yes, most of the Wii owners are people who are not exactly gamers and would think of the Wii U as more of a addon than a new system.

The Xbox One name may have problems ranking high on Search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing because people will search for Xbox, Xbox 1, and Xbox One which bring back results for the first Xbox because the Search engines think the user is searching for the Original Xbox, so it bring back results for the original Xbox instead of the most recent ones. More people also link to original articles on the Xbox from the 90s than the Xbox One, so the Xbox One will be lower in the search rankings when people search for Xbox, and Xbox 1.

There are also probably a lot of Xbox 1 videos on YouTube which show people playing the Original Xbox.

Most people use search engines to look for information on things online.

At least, the Wii U uses a letter instead of a number which can be confusing since people and search engines think you mean the Xbox 1 from the 90s to early 2000s.

I think the Xbox Infinity is a better name since at least it is a word.

But even with the name Xbox 360 people still call it Xbox, so no matter what you put after the Xbox it's likely people will still call it Xbox.

It seems like every one on this forum can only think of negative things to say about this Xbox.

You might as well make this forum PS and Wii only.

GamerPerfection said:
Ignorance doesn't mean stupid. Like I said realist not everyone will know games well. Don't blame them for Nintendo's mistake.

GamerPerfection said:
But even with the name Xbox 360 people still call it Xbox, so no matter what you put after the Xbox it's likely people will still call it Xbox.

It seems like every one on this forum can only think of negative things to say about this Xbox.

You might as well make this forum PS and Wii only.
please, besides your forum, please link to any place that is supporting the Xbox one without a majority of hate for it.

I have yet to make a hate post out of hate, all hate comes from what MS has stated in one way or another.

froggyboy604 said:
Wii U owners also get a tablet for handheld gaming and apps when the TV is off, or being used by someone else to watch a movie or TV show, so it is like two devices for the price of one.
Also the fact in co-op games that usually require split screen, WiiU GamePad eliminates this with 1 player on the TV while the other uses the Gamepad, and it works brilliantly in games like Lego Batman 2, Call of Duty, etc

Back