Xbox One

I agree with DS. I've been on multiple forums, and almost all the people have said nothing good about it. Why? Because it looks terrible. They're is not one good feature so far, other than the ones that are also on other consoles.

One good thing about the xbox one?
I like the liquid black colour it will be. That looks very sleek and cool. 
The design of the box is neither hit nor miss for me, it's just kind of there. 

And for the name? I don't think it's a terrible name. I just don't think it's a great name either. (Kind of a middle of the road thing.) I understand why they called it "one" (since it's supposed to unify your entertainment in one box) but I just see it causing confusion. Though personally, I like the name one person gave it better (because of how many boxes you needed to connect to it to really make it the one)... the xboxtopus. 

As for Nintendo's 7th and 8th gen console names? I think those consoles have stupid names. I get why they called them that (at least the 7th gen console, the 8th gen was just... "Seriously? You're tacking one letter onto the name and expecting people aren't going to be confused? Good luck with that."), but it doesn't make them any less stupid. (It can still be a great console but have a stupid name. They aren't mutually exclusive properties.)

Though a lot of the reason for the hate against microsoft and their xbox one stems from the fact they're forging ahead with schemes that gamers (their core audience) have specifically decried. They are purposefully going ahead with schemes that intend to screw over a vast number of people and claw more rights away from consumers. 
And to be blunt, if microsoft forges ahead with their plans, they deserve every bit of ire and rage people can muster as they don't buy xbox ones in protest of microsoft. Let the xbox one fail, hard, to show microsoft that these schemes will not be tolerated.

Im not sure why this forum has gone to the way of talking about the Wii U, it's no longer in the same league as the PlayStation or the Xbox. It's targeted towards and entire different audience, and they continue to feed us ($*@#*. No offence, I love Nintendo, but they have let me down time and time again, and Im not going to wait around for the next big thing, when someone else is having the next big thing. I just dont have that type of money. Now as far as the Xbox ONE is concern, Im a little disappointed, it was reveal wasnt even for us gamers. Take a look.

http://youtu.be/KbWgUO-Rqcw 

Demon_Skeith said:
please, besides your forum, please link to any place that is supporting the Xbox one without a majority of hate for it.

I have yet to make a hate post out of hate, all hate comes from what MS has stated in one way or another.
I'm not talking about majority here. I've seen plenty of people that support the Xbox ONE, they may be in a minority but they support it.

My point was all you lot focus on is the bad points, when was the last time you said anything that was good? And as I said no-one hardly talks about Xbox on this forum I mean look at this section where I've created several threads for a laugh in the Xbox section: http://forum.gamingforce.us/index.php/forum/10-the-world-of-xbox/

No-one bothers to even reply because the majority of this forum is a non-Xbox gamer or against MS. So for a big Xbox gamer like myself to be here is difficult because a) none of you bother to even reply to my threads, and when you do all it is is something like "looks like it gets the job done." and b.) all this HATE towards the Xbox ONE and MS in general is a big turn-off for an Xbox gamer to remain active here. Why would I remain active here if when I create threads about games, when this is a gaming forum, but no-one bothers to reply.

The good things aren't worth focusing on because those don't need to be fixed. There is a lot of negatives that they need to fix first.

You should be pissed at the xbox one too (even moreso than us because you're directly affected since you'd be more likely to buy an xbox one than we would already). It does more harm than good for you too. Their system takes away options from you. It limits your own input and ownership over your possessions. 
And what happens, if maybe in a few years, Xbox decides to exit the console wars? (And don't say it won't ever happen because it could. A lot can change in a short span of time.) Suddenly all your xbox ones are useless (unless you've modded them previously)  because the xbox servers are dead and you can't play your games anymore even though you paid for them.  The xbox one has turned game ownership into merely a rental. 

Sure the xbox might get a few things right if you like sports or want to use your xbox to watch tv. But if all you care about is gaming? They're screwing you over (as previously outlined) and you shouldn't support them either. 

Blind loyalty (to any company) is stupid. These companies don't care if we defend them or not, they aren't going to offer you any benefits because you tried to defend a business decision they made purely to screw people over. These companies (microsoft, Sony and Nintendo) will each of them screw us over every chance they can. And if we let them get away with it... They will keep doing it. Especially since if other companies see they can get away with crap like this... They will do it too. And I do not want to see Nintendo or Sony also pick up on these nasty practices. 
Now, here's the thing... I want microsoft to abandon these practices too. I want microsoft to compete in the console war as a powerful 3rd party to keep Sony and Nintendo from fucking it up. Competition creates better games, better experiences, more options and an overall better environment for the consumer. 

GamerPerfection said:
I'm not talking about majority here. I've seen plenty of people that support the Xbox ONE, they may be in a minority but they support it.

My point was all you lot focus on is the bad points, when was the last time you said anything that was good? And as I said no-one hardly talks about Xbox on this forum I mean look at this section where I've created several threads for a laugh in the Xbox section: http://forum.gamingforce.us/index.php/forum/10-the-world-of-xbox/

No-one bothers to even reply because the majority of this forum is a non-Xbox gamer or against MS. So for a big Xbox gamer like myself to be here is difficult because a) none of you bother to even reply to my threads, and when you do all it is is something like "looks like it gets the job done." and b.) all this HATE towards the Xbox ONE and MS in general is a big turn-off for an Xbox gamer to remain active here. Why would I remain active here if when I create threads about games, when this is a gaming forum, but no-one bothers to reply.
Not my problem if there is a lack of Xbox fans on the forum. If you have a problem with it feel free to try and get some other Xbox fans to join up so we can get something going here.

And a good outline there VZ, if MS were to shut down that would make Xbox one systems paper weights at best. It's pretty clear that any required online is suicide like online gaming servers with trophy/achievement support.

Demon_Skeith said:
Not my problem if there is a lack of Xbox fans on the forum. If you have a problem with it feel free to try and get some other Xbox fans to join up so we can get something going here.
Lack of Xbox fans is not the problem here. The problem here is people like you that don't respond to my threads where i'm talking about a game JUST because you don't play Xbox! That's dumb!

So if I am creating threads like I have done in most cases i'll get ignored because I'm playing the game on Xbox, even though IT IS THE GAME I AM TALKING ABOUT!!!

hcfwesker said:
Also the fact in co-op games that usually require split screen, WiiU GamePad eliminates this with 1 player on the TV while the other uses the Gamepad, and it works brilliantly in games like Lego Batman 2, Call of Duty, etc
Interesting, I think Gamepad screen gaming is also a good feature for racing games like Mario Kart. What you are talking about kind of reminds me of the link cable for the Gameboy Advance where you can challenge other players by using a link cable to play one game at the same time, or the DS offline multiplayer mode for playing one game with 2 players.

The benifits of using the Gamepad are no-need for splitscreen to play multiplayer games offline, no online lag compared to playing online multi-player if you have a slow internet connection, No distractions from other players's split-screens, no cheating from people peaking at your split-screen, and no-need for a huge TV to play split-screen multiplayer games like Call of Duty, or Mario Kart where if 4 or more players play each screen will be 1/4 the size of the TV making it harder for people to view the games.

GamerPerfection said:
Lack of Xbox fans is not the problem here. The problem here is people like you that don't respond to my threads where i'm talking about a game JUST because you don't play Xbox! That's dumb!

So if I am creating threads like I have done in most cases i'll get ignored because I'm playing the game on Xbox, even though IT IS THE GAME I AM TALKING ABOUT!!!
Why would I respond to something that I either, never play, show no interest or don't have anything to comment on? So I think this takes us back to lack of Xbox fans on the forum being the problem.

Demon_Skeith said:
Why would I respond to something that I either, never play, show no interest or don't have anything to comment on? So I think this takes us back to lack of Xbox fans on the forum being the problem.
So you never play, or have any interest or any comments on the games that I talk about? Is that right?

So you run a gaming forum yet only talk about the game you play or have an interest in? That's weird.

And how does it come back to this forum having a lack of xbox fans???

Just to post a reply with no reason for it would be kind of insulting to the topic starter and a waste a space. I've never own a Xbox system before so obviously my replies in the Xbox boards would be low.

And you've claim how no one is replying to your topics, if more Xbox fans were here then you would be getting those replies you want.

Demon_Skeith said:
I've never own a Xbox system before so obviously my replies in the Xbox boards would be low.

And you've claim how no one is replying to your topics, if more Xbox fans were here then you would be getting those replies you want.
You clearly don't seem to understand that when I talk about a game I am talking about the GAME not the console.
The majority of games are available across many platforms.

You have no section for GENERAL game discussion, unless you consider the Misc section as that place.

I placed a Dead Island thread here: http://forum.gamingforce.us/index.php/forum/16-game-updates-news-and-rumors/ ... and what do you go and do???? You move it to the Xbox section because I play it on the damn Xbox??? At what point did any of my thread talk about the Xbox?????? What basis did you make the judgement that it should be in the XBox section????

You place it in the Xbox section which increases the chance of anyone that plays Dead Island on PS3 or PC won't respond to my thread because they don't bother visiting the Xbox section as they have no interest in it. Yet my threads have NOTHING the hell to do with the Xbox, it's all about the GAME.

GamerPerfection said:
You clearly don't seem to understand that when I talk about a game I am talking about the GAME not the console.
The majority of games are available across many platforms.

You have no section for GENERAL game discussion, unless you consider the Misc section as that place.

I placed a Dead Island thread here: http://forum.gamingforce.us/index.php/forum/16-game-updates-news-and-rumors/ ... and what do you go and do???? You move it to the Xbox section because I play it on the damn Xbox??? At what point did any of my thread talk about the Xbox?????? What basis did you make the judgement that it should be in the XBox section????

You place it in the Xbox section which increases the chance of anyone that plays Dead Island on PS3 or PC won't respond to my thread because they don't bother visiting the Xbox section as they have no interest in it. Yet my threads have NOTHING the hell to do with the Xbox, it's all about the GAME.
It wasn't news so it clearly didn't belong there. World of Miscellaneous Gaming is the general gaming board. Your video was for Xbox 360 and so I moved it to the Xbox board because I had no idea if you wanted it just for Xbox talk or general. A simple PM of asking me where is the general gaming forum or why isn't this topic here would have made things go much simpler for you.

And was your first complaint about your Xbox topics or not? If they were, we need more Xbox fans on the board.

How was my video for Xbox 360?

It was about the Dead Island Riptide game. What people play it on doesn't even matter because the video was all about the game.

The video has that in the name for youtube purposes.

If I want to discuss the console I will discuss the console. But I don't want my game threads being isolated in the xbox section when it is the game itself that is being discussed.

Back