Do you believe in the Paranormal?

Actually, in science, a theory is what is widely accepted as fact, like the Theory of Evolution. And then why ever take a picture if your not going to believe in them? You can't be skeptical of everything.

Actually, in science, a theory is what is widely accepted as fact, like the Theory of Evolution.
Just because they say something and loads of people believe it does not make it true. This is why science is for sheep.

So your saying anything that is actually true is actually fake?
Ummm No. I repeat.
Let's say someone has a high reputation says something(NASA) and millions of people just believe the guy and take it as a fact.
I'm saying that because a lot of people believe it does not make what was said the truth.

I don't believe in aliens because someone with a "high reputation" has said they exist. I believe in them because i'm not ignorant enough to think we are the only planet with life.

It's a matter of opinion, not ignorance.
It would be ignorance if someone just does not believe in something for no reason at all.

I've showed an argument, valid or not, it takes away the ignorance thing.

It's no different than a religious person's point of view though. Just because something is unknown to us does not mean it's fake.

Yep, same thing.

On my opinion I just don't believe this para stuff. Others say the opposite. No one knows.

Well aliens aren't paranormal. They would just be part of science. Ghosts are however.

Yeah, it's not the fact that a lot of people believe, it's because it makes more sense than anything else. Take Evolution for example. Half of America believes it, the other half doesn't (stupid half >_>). Just because a lot of people agree with it does not make it not true.

Yeah, it's not the fact that a lot of people believe, it's because it makes more sense than anything else. Take Evolution for example. Half of America believes it, the other half doesn't (stupid half >_>). Just because a lot of people agree with it does not make it not true.

They aren't stupid, just religious :p

There is some serious flaws in the concept of evolution and religion.........

No, religion is useful. Well, maybe not now, but back when there were no morals it was. It made people a lot more civil. Now it's bullshit. It's not the believing in god part, it's the stupid people that follow it.

And evolution is fact. You may not believe in space, but I will argue to the ends of the Earth that evolution is the truth.

No, religion is useful. Well, maybe not now, but back when there were no morals it was. It made people a lot more civil. Now it's bullshit. It's not the believing in god part, it's the stupid people that follow it.
That's what I say. The religion is fine and if it turns people in better people then sure. The problem is the people in the religion. Churches are just turning into business.

With the Evolution thing. You mean like things evolve? or monkeys turned into people? (meh, we can save this for another debate)

MONKEYS DON'T TURN INTO PEOPLE! Gah, I HATE it when people use that bullshit excuse to say evolution is fake. I'm going to go make a topic.

Religion is pointless. Whether it was useful in the past is history. Lots of different religions believe in different Gods and neither sides will consider the other being true. Instead of people living their life the way THEY want to, they get dictated by religion and it is their parents, or their upbringing that has forced them in to the religion. Most people that follow religion do so because they didn't have a choice when they were too young to know what it is all about.

That is one big reason why I hate religion because parents and the-like FORCE their children to follow the reiigion that they follow!

Back