PlayStation Final Fantasy 16 News

young Clive and Jill scene from the demo, Jill's young PLOT is still too small lol

Read from gamefaqs, some Ps5s overheated, during the QTE part with Morbol.

Eikon battles are basically Linear "minigames" lol the fire eikon battle is a rail shooter, you can't control your flight direction.

I'm sorry what?!
from gamefaqs:

Play the demo, works fine for a while, then I get to the Morbol fight and during the QTE cinematic strike things, I hear my PS5 turn into a jet engine and just as I go do the QTE strike, the message "Your PS5 is running too hot, turn it off and let it cool down" message comes up, but it just lets me go back to playing the game.

I just think maybe it was a fluke, so I kept going and sure enough, AGAIN on the QTE cinematic strike, it gives me the too hot message.

--------------------------------------

Saw some people in discord I'm in + reddit also say the Morbol fight gave them the overheat message. I literally think there's just something up with that fight that puts the PS5 under extra load. Some PS5s can handle it, others can't. YMMV.

Some things to note or remind:

• I have cleaned my PS5 within the last month.
  • Hasn't happened with any other games.
  • Was using performance mode.
  • PS5 had been off for a while prior to the fight. I got to a save earlier and took a break, so it wasn't on for hours and hours.
  • PS5 is well ventilated and in an open space on my TV stand.
  • In-door temperature was probably only about 55-60° (it's cool on the west coast US atm).
  • Overheat message happened when my PS5's fan sounded like it went into overdrive during the QTE part with the Morbol. Got the tutorial popup AND all the water animations + the QTE were going off at the same time, might have put too much load on the system at once.

Last edited:
Analysis on the demo's performance and stuttering stuff:

Good Luck! lol

the women in ff 16 like seggs lol

Saw some spoilers pic with older clive and Jill, hmm wonder if it's the ending?
Kiyqt6I.jpg

Read from gamefaqs, people that got the game early said the fps of the released version mostly hovering around 45 and the issues in the demo are still there, game needs a performance patch. so if it's true then Yoshi-P lied on the FPS and no day 1 patch needed.

Read more from gamefaqs:

Eikon battles are mostly on the rails stuff and QTE
Sidequests are largely fetch/battle quests with a bit of story spice sprinkled over them
Game is super linear, sections of the world map are blocked off during progress, but still looks beautiful and plays very well
Not very town focused so far.

Played and beat the demo tonight, fluid gameplay and I'm digging the storyline. This is sure to be a good game.

Also my PS5 didn't heat up or the fan go crazy, I wonder if those who did have those problems have an issue with their PS5 systems? I recall something similar with PS4 and spiderman game I think, they may need to have their consoles repaired.

Yoshi-P backtracks from his no day 1 patch statement lol:

AAfe9eAAEk5E.jpg

AAfe9eAAEk5F.jpg

And he responded on the battle system and on the rails eikon battles criticisms :

• I recommend playing in action-focused mode.
  • If you've just been button-mashing so far, try equipping different support accessories to customize the battle system in a way that suits you.
  • The Eikon challenge gives you a lot of opportunities to try out new styles.
  • Check out Director Suzuki's gameplay video for inspiration.
  • The opening act featured in the demo focuses on set-piece battles, including Eikon battles. As the game opens up, it won't be quite so streamlined.

Add proper full party members battle system dang it Yoshi-P!, making it a proper JRPG final fantasy game and not DMC like action game wannabe!

Last edited:
Read from gamefaqs, so it's FF13's "hallway" again lol:

The leaker had to play the game for 30-40 hours before the game map fully opens. It was very linear and very limited when it came to towns and exploration before.

So it's banned in Saudi Arabia because there's an onsceen gay kiss in the game ewwwww.

Saw this pic of Clive and Jill,+ Torgal Picnic time lol Considering Jill is pretty much always in the party why the heck they didn't make Jill with at least some battle commands like Torgal, dang it.
iwyuSBv.jpg

No I haven't I just youtubed the demo play videos.

Back