General Gaming Latest Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little less than 3 months. *Finally replies*
I'm good, just a bit busy with life really. Just wish everyone could have like a year off from work/college so everyone can enjoy life for a bit.

love to have a year off, but I can't go and forget stuff I learned I need for my next class.

love to have a year off, but I can't go and forget stuff I learned I need for my next class.
I've already forgotten the things I learn't yesterday to be honest. I don't think a year off would make much of a difference for me lol

I've already forgotten the things I learn't yesterday to be honest. I don't think a year off would make much of a difference for me lol
Repetition helps. If you learn something in class just go home and at the evening glance over things. I think the human brain forgets around 40% of things we learn a day, but looking over it that evening or the next day helps put it in our long term memory.

Reactions: Ash
Repetition helps. If you learn something in class just go home and at the evening glance over things. I think the human brain forgets around 40% of things we learn a day, but looking over it that evening or the next day helps put it in our long term memory.

If only I had the time to do that.

I've been off work for about 3 months now and I've been working on my fantasy novel. Thing is my parents are pressuring me into getting a job even though I really want to finish my book first since working usually takes all my time.

I think I need to stop using my laptop for revision as well. It's literally the biggest distraction for me. One minute I'll be doing some coursework and the next minute I'm on a forum or looking a the latest gaming news

I think I need to stop using my laptop for revision as well. It's literally the biggest distraction for me. One minute I'll be doing some coursework and the next minute I'm on a forum or looking a the latest gaming news

dude, this is my curse. I need the internet and yet it is my greatest foe.

I've been off work for about 3 months now and I've been working on my fantasy novel. Thing is my parents are pressuring me into getting a job even though I really want to finish my book first since working usually takes all my time.

Unless you plan on working 40 hours a week there still be plenty of time to write your book. Earning money is always most important.

Unless you plan on working 40 hours a week there still be plenty of time to write your book. Earning money is always most important.
Well that's what they want me to do. Working 40 hours is what killed me before while working on my book. Though they also said if I have to have a part time job, that'd work too. For a little while anyway.

So is anyone doing anything cool this weekend? Another boring weekend for me, just going to watch the football (soccer) this evening and going to "try" and get some revision done later :grin:

I wish I was doing something cool. I was up all night because I felt sick. I finally fell asleep at 6 or 7AM but I don't feel much better.

Oh well, its fine to stop doing your work if you are at Gaming Latest :grin:

Oh well, its fine to stop doing your work if you are at Gaming Latest :grin:
lol :grin:
I hate how the days are just flying by nowadays. Soon I'll be an adult who needs to pay tax, write a CV and apply for jobs when school/college has never taught us about any of those things

Well that's what they want me to do. Working 40 hours is what killed me before while working on my book. Though they also said if I have to have a part time job, that'd work too. For a little while anyway.

I'm part time working right now, still allows me to work on the forum and among other things.

That's why I would love to have my own business. I get to choose my hours and I don't have to report to anyone. Can also do a little extra work on the side for me

That's why I would love to have my own business. I get to choose my hours and I don't have to report to anyone. Can also do a little extra work on the side for me

ha ha ha, no..... I've talked to people who own their own business, yeah it has its perks but you report to those who support your business and the government who tax you. You have to bend over at times for customers and you may have to work more than you have to if your employees slack.

True. The customer thing for me would probably me the most annoying. If an arrogant prick was being especially annoying, there is no way I could keep being nice to them :grin:

True. The customer thing for me would probably me the most annoying. If an arrogant prick was being especially annoying, there is no way I could keep being nice to them :grin:

you can be mean and kick them out, but its easy to leave a bad review for anything and that bad review could cost you lots of business/money.

That's the problem. Customers have a bit too much power over companies because of all this social media stuff. Doesn't work all the time though, I've seen several businesses replying to bad reviews and telling the actual story of what happened.

That's the problem. Customers have a bit too much power over companies because of all this social media stuff. Doesn't work all the time though, I've seen several businesses replying to bad reviews and telling the actual story of what happened.

but is it really the actual story or something to cover it up? That's the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back