I have a gaming Schedule. Am I crazy? <My 2014 gaming report>

J-RAY

Top Fight Security!
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Hello folks and welcome to my gaming schedule for 2014
If you do not recognize this topic title, are a new member, or just have a horrible memory let me explain a bit. Last year I released a topic called I have a gaming schedule am i crazy/. The whole purpose of that topic is for me to share all of the games I plan on getting the Platinum(PS3 trophies/Achievement for Xbox). When I started the topic I have no idea I would be interested enough to use the topic to keep track throughout the year that list of games to complete changed as I bought games and lost internet in others.
In October is reached the final list which included all finished games of 2013.
Now I am ready to throw my new schedule of 2014 which will continue to grow(hopefully)
 Legend:
  • = Plated and complete now
  • = MAYBE I'll plat if there is time
  • = Currently in the process of completing/or going for it soon
  • = Games I don't really like but will really try to get through them (wife will help with them too!)
  • = Probably not going to bother with the plat for this
  • = Have not started the game yet

1. Back to the future(Est. 11hrs) - Wifes' game. It's ALMOST DONE TOO!. She better hurry and get the plat or I'll have to spank her!
2. Little Big Planet II(Est. 50+hrs) - I already had LBP Karting platted. In Nov. I went nuts on the LBP1 and plated it while I tried to punch in some of the difficult one this LBP2. These are NOT easy to plat. I think I have about 3 really tough trophies and they are almost done too. The main problem is I'm tired of LBP.

3. God of war II - Yeah, I'll probably get it this month.
4. Need for speed: Hot pursuit(Est. 60+hrs)
5. Battlefield 3 - I used to love FPS games but in the past 3yrs I've expanded to other types of games. I probably will get the plat but it'll be awhile.
6. GTA4
7. Saints row: the third
8. L.A Noire
9. Undead Nightmare
10. Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
11. Hitman: Contracts(Est. 25hrs)
12. Hitman: Blood(Est. 25hrs)
13. Terminator: Salvation
14. FarCry  3
15. Tomb Raider
16. Lost Planet 3
17. Elder Scrolls V: skyrim(Est. 100+ hrs) - This is a 100hour + to plat game.
18. Sims 3
19. Gran Turismo 5
20. Dead Space 2
21. Skate 3
22. Journey
23. Flow
24. Flower
25. GTA 4 - The lost and the damned
26. GTA 4 - The ballad of gay Tony
27. Saints Row IV

Challenges of this year
Issue #1: I have not been feeling the need to purchase a PS4 because there really are not many games I'm liking so far. It also doesn't help me get motivated to purchase when the same games out for ps4 are also available for ps3.
However, if there is some huge release of an awesome game like the uncharted 4 then chances are I'll run out and buy it which while probably make me have to totally revamp my schedule.
Issue #2: Me and the wife are seriously considering divorce. If this occurs then I will be forced to move out which will cripple my life and year.

Happy gaming. Like always I will always keep everyone updated with I plat or want to jabber about something.

Aha, great topic. This is actually a great idea to keep on top of what you are doing. Thing is with me is my memory. I usually forget a games storyline when I take a break so it's hard for me to start where I left off. 

I hear you there. Often I'll try out a game to see what it's like but the problem is it tells you which buttons do what. When I go to play through it I find out I don't know what I'm doing.

ouch, I hope you two can work things out.

Anyways, looks like a full list already. I wish you luck with it all.

My goal is 35 plats for 2013.
oh and yeah........ouch is right! (we'll see).

My Mother-in-law got me Lost Planet 3 for X-mas and my bro-in-law got me the hitman trilogy. I didn't get too many games. Since I'm 33yrs old christmas doesn't pay off nearly as well as it costs so I supplemented by purchasing what I need.

I bought farcry 3, terminator salvation, tomb raider, then I saw Elder Scolls V and made a spontaneous purchase and got it. I believe it was a serious mistake considering its rated at 100-150hours to plat. It'll be hard to stay motivated for the same game for that long.

l_a__noire_banner_by_cre5po-d3gl86c.jpg

L.A Noire PLATED yesterday.  The game was a nice change but I didn't really enjoy it as much as other games. I'm just happy that it was not a hard plat to get. I played 37hours on this game.

I am one trophy away from finishing undead nightmare. I'm waiting for a team of boosters and it'll be done.​

I had a hard time choosing which game I should start on last night because I own so many. I chose Farcry 3 and I'm glad I did. This game is totally amazing! It's not going to take long to plat this one.

far_cry_3_by_redeye27-d66m1d5.jpg

Farcry 3 is PLATED.

I had a blast playing this game and didn't get bored once from it. Great storyline and there was some intense moments. Excellent soundtrack as well. I hope they make another one.

I'll defiantly go back to it.

The next game I'm hitting up on is Lost Planet 3. I heard it is a tougher one.

Just an update on what I'm doing.
For the last week I've been casually pushing in a few hours a day on Lost planet 3. I was really looking forward to it because it is made by Capcon which I don't often buy games for. The games' trailer looked promising.
The game sucks so bad. It rubs wrong in so many ways.

Why it sucks
1. The story feels like it was stolen from a ton of movies and other sources. I caught a lot of Avatar in it.

2. In order to get the plat you must finish the game on "Hard" so there is really no reason to play it on any other level because it's so long. The problem is the game is so difficult you can't breathe to enjoy it. The way it works is anytime to walk/drive anywhere you get surrounded for by swarms of creatures. It's frustrating to die 10 times for each wave. Finally when you get passed the wave you walk for 5 minutes someplace to reach the next wave in which you die 10 times again. That is the way the whole game is!!!

3. Taking into factor the above(No #2), for some annoying reason when you die it was restart you at your previous load time. 99% of the time you will have to re-watch a 5minute cutscene.

4. Taking into factor the above(No #2 & #3), If you are going to be killed then it will happen within 20secs of the battle.

So throughout the game I die within 30seconds, re-watch a cutscene for 5minutes, only to fight for 20seconds, and repeat that for about 9more times. If I do kill those creatures I walk for 5minutes to the next area and repeat this process.

This game SUCKS so bad because of it. There were a few moments of coolness but beyond those moments the game is a total loss. I hope I'm finished it soon.

If I were you, I would have broken the game in half and moved on.
The thought crossed my mind but instead I'm going to put it in my "doing is several waves category".
I've finished the single player along with all of the trophies and I've touched base on the multi-player trophies. There are 9 trophies left. The reason I'm going to be passively playing it is because there is a REALLY stupid trophy that will be near impossible to get. I just have to explain it.
It's pretty much like 10vs10 capture the flag. First team to get 3 flags wins. To get the trophy highhandedly you have to capture the 3 flags yourself.  There is no way I will be able to do this without fifty tries because I can't shoot for crap in FPS games.

I've started Terminator Salvation though. I should have the plat in a day. I chose it for the purpose to get a break from long plats.

Can't you need to rank higher to get better guns, thus why I'm dying so often too. Guys on there are loaded with the goodies.

terminator-salvation_banner3-67623-full.jpeg

Terminator Salvation is PLATED. I started it today and finished it today. Took 4 1/2hrs to complete. The game was not that good. I bought it to get a break from all of these hard plats I go for. I am probably going to tackle God of war 2 just to plat it and get it out of the way. I didn't like the first one and I bet that I won't like this one either.

banner_lost-planet-3.jpg

Lost Planet 3 is PLATTED.

What a crap game. Spawn killing is so bad. There's a point where the other team will push you to your spawn point, set up 5 turret machine gun stands, and mines everywhere, and just point in the spot where your head will show up when you respawn. It was truly a horrible experience. I had a booster and just did a grind for points the whole time because the game sucked so much.
The single player was not the worst I've ever played and was interesting, at least.

Continuing on. I was hoping to announce 2 plats today but I ran behind schedule. I've been pushing through my GOD of WAR 2. This is not a game I enjoy very much but it's been bothering me for a year that I have not platted it. I figured I would be done by now but it appears I'm going to be working with it for a bit longer.

god-of-war-banner.jpg

God of war 2 is PLATTED.

Late last year I platted the first god of war and the game sucked so bad that I really was not looking forward to this one. I wanted to get it out of the way for months. Finally I put it in last week while I was grinding lost planet 3 and now it's platted.

I've decided to try out hitman: silent assassin. I heard it was tougher but I'll get her done.

The hitman 2: silent assassin is the earliest one I have which I just stared yesterday. I suppose there is a super old 1st one.

I'm gathering that each one is very different because this one is all about creeping around and doing missions without being seen and stealth killing. It's a very big change towards what I'm used to. The game is ......not bad.... but I think that it's just a little too old so the graphics are a little ugly. The controls are a bit weird as well. Not bad controls but different. I'm thinking that when I start playing the sequels it is going to be really good.

hitman-2-silent-assassin_banner67-50766-full.jpeg

Hitman 2: Silent assassin is PLATED.

uhh, the game was not too bad. Just a little too old, the next one in the series is a lot better and newer but I'm not sure what I'm going for next.

Back