Interracial Marriages?

I wouldn't consider marriage outside of my own race either... I mean marrying a non-human, that would be silly.

What you need to do is get away from your culture and open your eyes to the rest of the world.

Quick question... are you against it because you personally feel it is wrong, or because your culture feels it is wrong?

As long as the two individuals are happy with the other, the color of their skin makes no difference. 

Stealing lyrics that are still applicable:

It's the same hate that's caused wars from religion Gender to skin color, the complexion of your pigment The same fight that led people to walk-outs and sit-ins It's human rights for everybody, there is no difference Live on! And be yourself! When I was in church they taught me something else If you preach hate at the service, those words aren't anointed That Holy Water that you soak in has been poisoned When everyone else is more comfortable remaining voiceless Rather than fighting for humans that have had their rights stolen I might not be the same but that's not important No freedom til we're equal Damn right I support it

GamerPerfection said:
I wouldn't consider marriage outside of my own race either... I mean marrying a non-human, that would be silly.

What you need to do is get away from your culture and open your eyes to the rest of the world.

Quick question... are you against it because you personally feel it is wrong, or because your culture feels it is wrong?
Lol... marrying an Alien, for example? I wouldn't either.

But yes I feel strongly against (I'm highly conservative
about it myself) marrying someone outside of my own culture. Why? Because I think it might matter for my parents/family or even friends.

& Yes Guardian, though I don't see how
can anyone (woman/man) be happy with someone who doesn't even understand them (a woman in my case)?

Sanaki said:
Lol... marrying an Alien, for example? I wouldn't either.

But yes I feel strongly against (I'm highly conservative
about it myself) marrying someone outside of my own culture. Why? Because I think it might matter for my parents/family or even friends.

& Yes Guardian, though I don't see how
can anyone (woman/man) be happy with someone who doesn't even understand them (a woman in my case)?
You seem to make it sound that no-one outside of your culture will understand you.

What if you met someone from a Western country and they completely understood you. They know all about your culture, the history of your country etc, they even speak your language etc. But they are Western. What is the problem there then if they completely understand you?

And being strongly against it because it might matter for your parents/family and friends is silly in my eyes. Ok you can't help it with families, especially parents I understand that, but if friends don't like it because they themselves disagree with it then they aren't really your friends as they should be happy to support you.

I am all for it provided that the both individuals aren't related (shit happens) and are of legal age (no child brides) if anything the resulting offspring might be better off than their parent's where genetics are concerned because their chances of getting a disease linked to a certain race or ethnicity would be cut in half. The same would be the case with birth defects.

Speaking of which, I recently read about a 2 year old boy in China who recently gqve birth to his under-developed twin. It never formed properly and died in utero, but lived as a parasite in the surviving twin. As horrible as that is, stories like this seem to occur too often to be considered a rarity and they seem to be isolated in places where there is both shitty access to prenatal care and in places where there is likely a strong belief in sticking with your own kind.

Some countries take it literally and many resort to sticking it in their own cousins instead, so, if that sounds more appealing to you than following your heart and judging by character rather than skin color, then Mazel tov.

Black Angel said:
I am all for it provided that the both individuals aren't related (shit happens) and are of legal age (no child brides) if anything the resulting offspring might be better off than their parent's where genetics are concerned because their chances of getting a disease linked to a certain race or ethnicity would be cut in half. The same would be the case with birth defects.

Speaking of which, I recently read about a 2 year old boy in China who recently gqve birth to his under-developed twin. It never formed properly and died in utero, but lived as a parasite in the surviving twin. As horrible as that is, stories like this seem to occur too often to be considered a rarity and they seem to be isolated in places where there is both shitty access to prenatal care and in places where there is likely a strong belief in sticking with your own kind.

Some countries take it literally and many resort to sticking it in their own cousins instead, so, if that sounds more appealing to you than following your heart and judging by character rather than skin color, then Mazel tov.
Oh yes, you got a point BA, in China, some kids/children
got mental health problems cause their parents are cousins or even sisters/brothers (I find cosanguinity to be disgusting, personally), you?

to GP:
I still don't think he can completely understand me or love me for who I am or even share my culture with me.

Why? too much cultural differences.

That same argument can be used to justify incest.

"No other man will ever understand me the way my dad or brother does, and that is why we love each other."

If a person really loves someone then they will make an effort into understanding that person especially is it means that they will be happy.

Hell the same argument can be used to justify those who claim that they choose to be gay after a long line of failed relationships.

"I am officially off men now and will only date women because no one will ever understand a woman, except for a woman."

That kind of rigid thinking will only make you miserable.

How can you say I even need a man in my life now? So yes,
*shrugs* about either men or women, I'd say I'm assexual, so no attraction to anyone yet (either men or women).

Sanaki said:
to GP:
I still don't think he can completely understand me or love me for who I am or even share my culture with me.

Why? too much cultural differences.
So you have already decided that no man outside of your culture will understand you. You are still the narrow-minded person you were the other week.

You won't give anyone a chance because you believe you know everything and that any man outside of your culture is incapable of understanding you. I'm beginning to wonder why anyone would bother to want to understand you.

Where all human at the end of the day, skin color or race should not matter, if you love someone than you should go for it, regardless of what your parents or friends may think.

Sure there is a culture difference, but that should not stop you from going with your heart.

I myself do not care what race or culture a woman belongs to, If I love her and want to marry her I will do so.

GamerPerfection said:
So you have already decided that no man outside of your culture will understand you. You are still the narrow-minded person you were the other week.

You won't give anyone a chance because you believe you know everything and that any man outside of your culture is incapable of understanding you. I'm beginning to wonder why anyone would bother to want to understand you.
Oh yes, I'm not open-minded about this nor do I feel any
comfortable with this, yes. Why should I indeed when I myself don't even prefer the Western lifestyle?

& BA, I mistook your point for that.

Let me take the mic.

The thing I don't get with the culture thing is people only live once and they decide to have all of these restrictions based on third party reputation. It's kind of foolish.

I think people should freely not consider race when dating but from my own observations it is pretty unwise to date people from other cultures if the person was raised in a totally different society. The reason for this is because other races have certain theories on how they visualize the opposite sex. Example: I have this white guy friend who is engaged to a girl who is asian. She's straight out from Tokyo too. Only been out here for about two years. Well, he's been having problems with getting her to stand beside him and not behind him. The asian culture often is women are not equal to men. Other weird things is my friend is actively trying to become Whitenise! Buddy is obsessed with everything with Asian.
This isn't going to last. In the future there is going to be some serious different personality problems.

I've actually been thinking that if for some reason me and my wife don't work out down the road, I would actually seek out a interracial marriage. Why not? You live once, give it a shot. All I've ever been with is white women, why not experience what the world has to offer? No matter what their skin color is. 

GamerPerfection said:
What is it about Western lifestyle that you don't like?
Why many things: sex before marriage, religion, & ways of doing stuff & even foods/music.

& 2nd reason: I'm not attracted (physically speaking) to
the White male or how the White man looks.

to A: you'll find Chinese girls ain't the same as Japanese
girls.

I've actually been thinking that if for some reason me and my wife don't work out down the road, I would actually seek out a interracial marriage. Why not? You live once, give it a shot. All I've ever been with is white women, why not experience what the world has to offer? No matter what their skin color is.
Haha, the wife is going to slap you in the head if she reads that.

I don't have a problem with interacial marraige, but I think cultural difference may cause some people to not get along with people from very different cultures to get a long latter on when either one of them have to be part of the cultural traditions.

For example, Europeons, may not be able to accept certain cultural traditions their partner is into like Whaling because Europeons are used to seeing whales and animals in the aquarium, and in the ocean. There are also people in other countries which eat monkeys, dogs, and horses which may make some Europeons feel disgusted, and angry at how their favorite animals like monkeys, dogs, and horses are eaten.

It seems like a fair amount of Europeans ended up eating horse anyway, due to that meat scandal that happened recently..

But really, differences can also bring people together.

Case in point, Anthony Weiner and his wife, Huma Abedin. Weiner is Jewish, Abedin is Muslim. Bill DeBlasio is White, His wife is Black. These are merely 2 out of millions of examples.

It is up to the people involved to decide whether or not these differences are a deal breaker.

For me personally, I place more value on the person themselves, how they treat me and how I feel about them, anything else is secondary.

So, if my culture or religion says that men of a different race are bad, and I have fallen in love with one, and he treats me the way I deserve to be treated, then it wouldn't take me 2 seconds to choose him over my culture or religion, and I wouldn't ask him to convert either, simply because, if my culture or religion had their way, then I'd be alone and miserable. 

Life is too short for that, and so, I'll choose happiness every time.

Back