Marvel's Spider-Man

Yeah that could be the case. wonder if they are going to patch upgrade the game for Ps5.

doubt it, they'll just do a PS6 remaster :p

The game is getting a hardcover scriptbook:

The critically-acclaimed Marvel's Spider-Man continues to pull new fans into its web a year after its PlayStation 4 release. Now you can further explore the nuances and finer details of the game’s story with the release of Marvel's Spider-Man Script Book hardcover, which features the script of the game, at your local comic shop on January 29, 2020, and everywhere books are sold on February 11, 2020.

This isn’t the Spider-Man you’ve met or ever seen before, and this 240-page hardcover will give you insight to how Insomniac Games, PlayStation, and Marvel Games brought the experience Peter Parker, as well as Marvel's New York and its residents, to life in Marvel's Spider-Man.

Played this game a couple months after its release, its fun, and somewhat medium difficulty trying to 'Platinum' it on PS4, haha
Finally beaten it back in January of this year

Played this game a couple months after its release, its fun, and somewhat medium difficulty trying to 'Platinum' it on PS4, haha
Finally beaten it back in January of this year

Nice!

It's a fun Spidey Game indeed. I am hoping for venom and green goblin in spidey 2...

I've seen some suggestions that this will be free with the next Spiderman game on next-gen so I'm probably going to hold off for a bit so that I don't have to make two separate purchases.

Saw this video, wearable working "web shooters":

I had great time playing it but thinking about replaying it is just... ugh.
Exploring every neighborhood and doing every side objective is starting to be such a chore in games nowadays.

It didn't end up being free but the Ultimate Edition with a remastered version of the original is a very good deal so I got that for the PS5. Can't wait to play both games

It didn't end up being free but the Ultimate Edition with a remastered version of the original is a very good deal so I got that for the PS5. Can't wait to play both games

indeed. Though since i am not a Morales fan I am going to pass the game and wait for a "Real" spidey 2 sequel. And probably the "real" Spidey 2 will be bundled with the remastered Spidey later. Worst case scenario, if they are keeping the spidey remastered with Miles than I'll get it by the time spidey 2 arrives and by that time it should be already on a discounted price too.

I think they'll eventually sell the remastered version separately. Hopefully, people won't have to wait too long to be able to buy just that

Reactions: cm2
Read from gamesindustry biz:

"Originally, we were going to have a boss battle that took you all over New York City, and it was way out of scope," Price explained. "The temptation is to just brute force it, put our heads down and run through the brick wall. But the team took a step back and thought about what was important to the players, and that was the breakdown
of the relationship between Peter and his former mentor, Doctor Octavious.
"They rethought the fight and realised they didn't need to destroy half of New York to pay off the relationship. In fact, it would have worked against what we were going for. As a result, the final battle is much more up close and personal, and has a far bigger emotional impact than planned -- and it fit within the time we had."

Read from VGC, Xbox turned down Spidey:

executive vice president and head of Marvel Games, Jay Ong, explains how the company cut its earlier deal with Activision short in search of a better partnership.

According to Ong, Marvel Games wasn’t happy with the quality of the Spider-Man games being published by Activision, and the two companies mutually agreed to terminate their licensing deal early.

Ong said that when the deal was made to walk away, Activision asked “what are you going to do with this IP after you get it back?” To which Ong replied: “I’m going to find a better home for it.”

According to Ong, Activison’s reply was: “Good luck finding your unicorn.”

Ong said Marvel Games then went to both Xbox and PlayStation to see if either of them would be interested in forming an exclusive partnership, asking them: “We don’t have any big console deals with anyone right now, what would you like to do?”.

Microsoft‘s strategy, Ong recalls, was to focus on its own IP, and as such, it decided to pass on the offer.

Sony, however, was more receptive. “I sat down with these two execs from PlayStation third-party, Adam Boyes and John Drake, in August 2014, in a conference room in Burbank,” Ong said.

“I said, ‘We have a dream that this is possible, that we could beat Arkham and have one game at least and maybe multiple games that could drive adoption of your platform’.”

Sony reportedly responded by offering to make a triple-A, PlayStation-exclusive Spider-Man game, and handed the project to Insomniac, which was independent at the time but was considered “one of Sony’s most important partners”.

The resulting game, Marvel’s Spider-Man, was widely critically acclaimed and reportedly went on to sell more than 20 million copies, with its spin-off Miles Morales selling a further 6.5 million.

In the US, Spider-Man is now one of Sony’s most successful video game releases ever, in terms of dollar sales.

Read from VGC, Xbox turned down Spidey:

executive vice president and head of Marvel Games, Jay Ong, explains how the company cut its earlier deal with Activision short in search of a better partnership.

According to Ong, Marvel Games wasn’t happy with the quality of the Spider-Man games being published by Activision, and the two companies mutually agreed to terminate their licensing deal early.

Ong said that when the deal was made to walk away, Activision asked “what are you going to do with this IP after you get it back?” To which Ong replied: “I’m going to find a better home for it.”

According to Ong, Activison’s reply was: “Good luck finding your unicorn.”

Ong said Marvel Games then went to both Xbox and PlayStation to see if either of them would be interested in forming an exclusive partnership, asking them: “We don’t have any big console deals with anyone right now, what would you like to do?”.

Microsoft‘s strategy, Ong recalls, was to focus on its own IP, and as such, it decided to pass on the offer.

Sony, however, was more receptive. “I sat down with these two execs from PlayStation third-party, Adam Boyes and John Drake, in August 2014, in a conference room in Burbank,” Ong said.

“I said, ‘We have a dream that this is possible, that we could beat Arkham and have one game at least and maybe multiple games that could drive adoption of your platform’.”

Sony reportedly responded by offering to make a triple-A, PlayStation-exclusive Spider-Man game, and handed the project to Insomniac, which was independent at the time but was considered “one of Sony’s most important partners”.

The resulting game, Marvel’s Spider-Man, was widely critically acclaimed and reportedly went on to sell more than 20 million copies, with its spin-off Miles Morales selling a further 6.5 million.

In the US, Spider-Man is now one of Sony’s most successful video game releases ever, in terms of dollar sales.
I can see this being very bad for Sony and very good for Activision's other IPs. But we'll see how Sony's cookie crumbles.

Back