Member of the month

What's the population like for this island?

Is there ever any really bad weather/storms.

*double facepalm.*

People people people! Calm down and stay on topic.

First off, by 20 days I mean you just come online. I don't care if it's for one second, two minutes or 80 hours. I just need to see your name on the online list 20 times out of month.

I don't see why the arcade needs to be included in this. I don't use it either and don't plan on starting to use it for this, and the arcade could prevent people like GA ever winning. D:

Seconded. Not that I'd stand much of a chance to win this anyway, but the arcade doesn't seem like a critical part of the forum. Plus all my favorite games have ridiculously high scores on them.

At the end of every month, I would like one active member to be regarded member of the month. I like some feed back on what requirments one member should meet before they can achieve this.

For a base I'm thinking

At least:

100 posts made
Achieved 2 arcade high scores
has been online for most of the month.

Pretty sure I don't qualify for any of those conditions.

Why not just choose the person who has positively influenced the forum the most? Seems like the obvious thing to me...

Pretty sure I don't qualify for any of those conditions.

Why not just choose the person who has positively influenced the forum the most? Seems like the obvious thing to me...

Well the whole point of this is to reward a member for his/her activity on the forum. Unless I'm mistaken the member of the month gets shard or something?

With that in mind, it makes sense to me to have minimums to be eligible. Thats the best way for the forum to get the most out of it.

Although I have to admit that 100 post per month might be a little exaggerated. Most will probably get over this amount, but as a minimum requirement its too much.

*double facepalm.*

People people people! Calm down and stay on topic.

First off, by 20 days I mean you just come online. I don't care if it's for one second, two minutes or 80 hours. I just need to see your name on the online list 20 times out of month.

Sorry I thought I was in Mori's thread for some reason. :p

Anyways I definitely think their needs to be some sort of qualification for this, but for the most part I think members should vote and discuss who should get it for what reason. If you're a really cool member and everybody likes you but you rarely come on and you don't post much then you shouldn't get it. As for the arcade it's not like me and Mori put a high score n them all. A lot of our scores are easy to beat and some games nobody has a high score. As for me there is lots of old scores set by other people from game I don't like. I just avoid them, and GA I do remember this one game called Dog Jump that you had a really high score in. I tried beating it and couldn't, so that shows you can keep a score. I would just browse the arcade and fine just two games you can get a score in. Me and Mori aren't that big of jerks to take it away just before this ends. :p

Sorry I thought I was in Mori's thread for some reason. :p

Anyways I definitely think their needs to be some sort of qualification for this, but for the most part I think members should vote and discuss who should get it for what reason. If you're a really cool member and everybody likes you but you rarely come on and you don't post much then you shouldn't get it. As for the arcade it's not like me and Mori put a high score n them all. A lot of our scores are easy to beat and some games nobody has a high score. As for me there is lots of old scores set by other people from game I don't like. I just avoid them, and GA I do remember this one game called Dog Jump that you had a really high score in. I tried beating it and couldn't, so that shows you can keep a score. I would just browse the arcade and fine just two games you can get a score in. Me and Mori aren't that big of jerks to take it away just before this ends. :p

We wouldn't do that, even if its tempting :p
And yes Dog Jump!! I spent half an hour on it and couldn't even beat bowser's score.

I guess it's not fair to say a couple fellas have a stranglehold on the arcade, so I'll just have to man up and get some scores for myself. One day the tetris score will be mine. On the subject of the posts however...

To expand on Mori's point about the 100 post minimum, personally I'd think people who make 50-ish posts that are actually beneficial to conversations and topics are doing more good than people who churn out 100+ with a lot of it not making any sense. Not that anyone here spams, ahem, but you get the idea. Quality over quantity. Having a minimum that high encourages the latter.

I am the Pac-Man master.

But seriously, having arcade scores as a a requirement is quite silly because this is a community and it doesn't really benefit the community very well, plus there are already members will dozens of records that are difficult to beat.

Unless they were, like, participation records then that is not going to work well in practice (unless you plan on making Mori and SBB the winners every month).

Back