Religion in Cartoons

I've never trusted babysitters anyway... Damn, if my wife works as often as me, then the kid WILL need a babysitter...

over the Mohammed thing was one of the stupidest things I had ever heard of.
Hey hey, if i were you, i would think triple before saying that, Mohammed is a prophet of Islam, and it's not what politicians made you think of it, i think they were refering to Islamist Fanatics, not muslimans, because Islamist Fanatics are out of Islam.
Faith can be a pretty good plot device and can be used in various aspects of character development. Eg: Lisa Simpson renouncing her Christian faith for Buddhism. I don't see any problem with it but it has to be something personal to the character and not a means of converting the audience.
I agree, however The Simpsons, Family Guy, The Cleveland Show, Neibours from Hell, Bob's burgers, American Dad and all the Series those belong to Fox company aren't Cartoons, they are animated series, for teenagers and beyond, while The term "Cartoon" is basically animated pictures, used for kids usually, my self i don't mind if they choose a specific belief for a character.

@FTON I know they were extremists, but the whole thing was stupid. I don't like that they can't use Mohammed in cartoons, yet they can use Jesus. By the way, I was raised as a Muslim.

@Mori I would have liked it in middle school.

@FTON I know they were extremists, but the whole thing was stupid. I don't like that they can't use Mohammed in cartoons, yet they can use Jesus. By the way, I was raised as a Muslim.

@Mori I would have liked it in middle school.
Oh , i thought i was the only one here, i also hate extremists, they ruin everything with killing and saying bad stuffs about many issues.
Jesus is being frequently used in cartoons they even draw the prophet's face, Mohammed is quite different thing, Even designing a face for Mohammed is Religiously Forbidden, that's why the prophet appeared as a shiny light instead in the religious arabic cartoons, all prophets are shiny lights as well.

That kind of censorship is so annoying. And the fact that they threatened South Park because of that is ridiculous. I hate people like that.

That kind of censorship is so annoying. And the fact that they threatened South Park because of that is ridiculous. I hate people like that.
Tell me about it, they are now threatning Tunisia, which is bad, they sometimes say some of false accusation and statements, they are dumb.

"We kill for god!" GOD DOESN'T WANT YOU KILLING PEOPLE ANYWAY! The ignorance of these people is amazing!

"We kill for god!" GOD DOESN'T WANT YOU KILLING PEOPLE ANYWAY! The ignorance of these people is amazing!
Yes indeed, Because God Never wanted anyone to kill people, these people say that they are "Protecting God" while they aren't even worshiping for God.

Yes indeed, Because God Never wanted anyone to kill people, these people say that they are "Protecting God" while they aren't even worshiping for God.

Yes, and they have to nerve to use God's name in defending their actions. So if you have a problem with them, your problem is with God Himself. Gah.

Yes, and they have to nerve to use God's name in defending their actions. So if you have a problem with them, your problem is with God Himself. Gah.
If i have a problem with God, it is between me and him outside the world, these people has nothing to do with it.

If i have a problem with God, it is between me and him outside the world, these people has nothing to do with it.

It all ties into the whole "rule by religion" thing. It's like, how can you fight against inhumane and immoral laws, if they come from God? It's all bullshit, say what you want about the USA, it's not perfect, but it along with all the countries that know what they're doing have a separation of church and state.

Two instances, it could be much worse. Since I'm not gay and I wear condoms, they don't really affect me.
Well if we think like that, then Ted Bundy didn't affect me, so he shouldn't have been tried. You can't think selfishly. We're a society, we're either all equal, or none of us are.

Well if we think like that, then Ted Bundy didn't affect me, so he shouldn't have been tried. You can't think selfishly. We're a society, we're either all equal, or none of us are.

Please. This is nothing but reductio ad absurdum, give me a break. You're right about abortion and gay marriage being "hot button" issues but you brought that up during a conversation about the middle east and their rule by religion. There's really no comparison, none whatsoever. No one is coming to your house and telling your sister (don't know if you actually have a sister but irrelevant) how to dress, and that she shouldn't be educated because that's the law, because that's their interpretation of some sacred book.

And to make your comparison even shittier, there ARE states in which it's legal for gay couples to get married, and at the very least there is constantly pressure on the federal government to make it legal on the national level. Abortion might be a grey area but I don't know anyone who's had a problem with getting one if she wanted one.

And as for that line about all of us being equal, where'd you read that? A communist fortune cookie? LOL

As Americans, we should all have equal oppurtunities, that's what our founding fathers built it for. Of course views of a lot of things have changed, like gay marriage and abortion, but same idea none the less. We should all be able to become educated, rich, married, etc. How does that have anything to do with Communism? I said equal OPPURTUNITIES, mot everybody is literally equal.

Back