Shenanigan Guy

THAT WAS AWESOME!

*Laughing* These are great Dan. This is probably the best comic series I've read so far on the internet.

You just need reoccurring minor characters now. And a nameless gravestone doesn't mean they all die...

I'm hoping it's drawn freehand then Coloured in.

Nice comics.

Suggestion: Parodies. PARDIES. Like VGcats or something.

The drawings to look freehand, but the text looks like that kind of standard "comic font" (unless NintenDan just has awesome handwriting?)

Also, I love how, while normally an "issue" would be a full comic (maybe with more than one 'episode' as it were), these are extremely short (about a page's worth, or less), yet.... as Mr Tucker said, about licking frogs, it's a comic that's just... just great. (Or something like that)

Also, WTF is this:
med_gallery_19_36_41662.png

Don't tell me you just killed Shy Guy?

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all, I'm really glad to hear that you're enjoying them, heh. If it weren't for you, I probably wouldn't have done anything other than the first issue I just made randomly. As I make more, I'll eventually add in a few jokes that will be sure to reappear from time to time, as well as a few characters. For now, I think I'll make a few shorter comics before I make another one the length of the third issue. For a few, issue four might seem a bit retarded, but I just had to make Bob's first dialogue those three little words:

gallery_19_36_98418.png

If you don't know what they are, here's an explanation: "Zeeky Boogy Doog" was a phrase from an old Flash cartoon on the Internet called "The Demented Flash Movie" (or maybe it was cartoon instead of movie, I forget). Basically, that was one of the first things I saw that inspired me to make random stuff, so I had to pay homage to it. It might be a bit early to be referencing childhood influences, but hey, if I don't do it know, when will I do it?

Also, I've been asked this question a few times, so I'll clear it up now. I've just been using Adobe Flash to create the entire comic from scratch. The reason I chose to do it in such an odd choice of program (there are programs like Photoshop and whatnot that offer a lot more options and such) is because I lack other programs like Photoshop and just like the way Flash handles the movements of the mouse when I'm drawing. I know it ain't the most flexible place to be drawing in, but it gets the job done at least. I would love to move over to a platform more suited to the task of developing comics (as right now, my comics in Flash aren't exactly editable when I export them to a PNG format... ugh). Sorry Dev, no handdrawn stuff here, it's all on the computer. It is from scratch though, no tracing official artwork for me, heh. And I might do a few parodies, but not too many, just something I think would be really funny.

First of all, I'm really glad to hear that you're enjoying them, heh. If it weren't for you, I probably wouldn't have done anything other than the first issue I just made randomly. As I make more, I'll eventually add in a few jokes that will be sure to reappear from time to time, as well as a few characters. For now, I think I'll make a few shorter comics before I make another one the length of the third issue. For a few, issue four might seem a bit retarded, but I just had to make Bob's first dialogue those three little words:

gallery_19_36_41662.png

If you don't know what they are, here's an explanation: "Zeeky Boogy Doog" was a phrase from an old Flash cartoon on the Internet called "The Demented Flash Movie" (or maybe it was cartoon instead of movie, I forget). Basically, that was one of the first things I saw that inspired me to make random stuff, so I had to pay homage to it. It might be a bit early to be referencing childhood influences, but hey, if I don't do it know, when will I do it?

Also, I've been asked this question a few times, so I'll clear it up now. I've just been using Adobe Flash to create the entire comic from scratch. The reason I chose to do it in such an odd choice of program (there are programs like Photoshop and whatnot that offer a lot more options and such) is because I lack other programs like Photoshop and just like the way Flash handles the movements of the mouse when I'm drawing. I know it ain't the most flexible place to be drawing in, but it gets the job done at least. I would love to move over to a platform more suited to the task of developing comics (as right now, my comics in Flash aren't exactly editable when I export them to a PNG format... ugh). Sorry Dev, no handdrawn stuff here, it's all on the computer. It is from scratch though, no tracing official artwork for me, heh. And I might do a few parodies, but not too many, just something I think would be really funny.
Please refer to post above yours.

Please refer to post above yours.
Well, in the process of typing the huge wall of text, TUK posted before me. Darn it all. There's your explanation anyways.

Oh, and TUK, I've used a generic text font. I just like the look of it. Adds to the "this is retarded" factor, heh.

Well, in the process of typing the huge wall of text, TUK posted before me. Darn it all. There's your explanation anyways.

Oh, and TUK, I've used a generic text font. I just like the look of it. Adds to the "this is retarded" factor, heh.
Is Shenadigan guy dead?

I love how people die and then randomly come back to life without question. It's what makes it funny.

Alright, I'm kind of on a roll right now, as I've been churning out one comic per day for the past 5 days. I'm waiting for it to stop, but with the constant flow of ideas, I'm not sure when I'll start getting lazy, heh. Either way, I'll be sure to put my best into each issue! And speaking of issues, here's the fifth installment!

gallery_19_36_74855.png

One of the hardest tasks of these comics is drawing the characters. Shy Guy's the easiest, with Ooby (Boo) a close second. Goom's annoying with the fact that it's hard to smoosh his eyes and mouth in such a small head, and Bob's legs have frustrated me beyond belief. Chomp is the worst, though; it's near impossible to make a ball with a giant mouth and two eyes show a lot of emotion, so I've had to play around with how I draw his mouth and eyes. This comic is basically almost an example of me doing just that.

And because I liked the facial expression in the last panel so much, I made a larger version of it for all of you to enjoy!

gallery_19_35_78227.png

My turn.
Bob was a Omb that just couldn't explode. Until the 4th comic, that is.

Back