Shenanigan Guy

So we're not allowed to zoom in on comics? Damn, it's kinda blurries. Otherwise, good start.
Why don't you zoom in the whole webpage on your browser?
tongue.gif

So we're not allowed to zoom in on comics? Damn, it's kinda blurries. Otherwise, good start.

Only the last few should be blurry. All others are fine, and the last one is insanely blurry because it's a test image that I'll update.

Why don't you zoom in the whole webpage on your browser?
tongue.gif

If you mean make it fit the whole screen, well I could, but meh. It's easier for me to just keep it at the one fixed size.

But yeah, whatevs, I'll just keep working on it.

I've already shown a few people, so may as well show everyone, but here's what I've put together so far:

http://shyguyland.co...ics.php?issue=1

It might be blocked by your virus software; if so, just continue to the page anyway. Trend Micro seems to like doing this, along with a few other ones. My guess is due to the free hosting, I should try getting a better one that isn't so sketchy. But for the time being, this will do well enough for testing.

I've got a lot of issue descriptions to add, and I've got to fix up the 37th issue too. For some of the comics that have been dynamically resized to fit the content width, I want a "view full size" option, so I'll shove that in.

I also want a fancy home page, a fancy about page, a fancy archive page and more navigation options (like previous three and next three, as a little sidebar or drop down or something; or not).

Also, note the adorable favicon? I love it. If you get any strange display errors that I haven't noted here, just let me know (and tell me what browser, etc.)

According to my antivirus your website has been involved in online scams and fraud. Also, online isn't a word according to Google Chrome.

I've already shown a few people, so may as well show everyone, but here's what I've put together so far:

http://shyguyland.co...ics.php?issue=1

It might be blocked by your virus software; if so, just continue to the page anyway. Trend Micro seems to like doing this, along with a few other ones. My guess is due to the free hosting, I should try getting a better one that isn't so sketchy. But for the time being, this will do well enough for testing.

I've got a lot of issue descriptions to add, and I've got to fix up the 37th issue too. For some of the comics that have been dynamically resized to fit the content width, I want a "view full size" option, so I'll shove that in.

I also want a fancy home page, a fancy about page, a fancy archive page and more navigation options (like previous three and next three, as a little sidebar or drop down or something; or not).

Also, note the adorable favicon? I love it. If you get any strange display errors that I haven't noted here, just let me know (and tell me what browser, etc.)

According to my antivirus your website has been involved in online scams and fraud. Also, online isn't a word according to Google Chrome.

What can I say, 000webhost is a crappy place. I'll work on getting a better free host later down the track, heh. But anyhoos, as for actual Shenanigans, I should probably start drawing up a few. The ol' school work and assignments will be hitting me around next week, but getting a nice schedule for these things wouldn't hurt I guess.

I think there should be a one were they race and luigi is back and he throws a bom-bomb and then it walks back to him then he goes boom and lands in the race course and gets rolled over!

I think there should be a one were they race and luigi is back and he throws a bom-bomb and then it walks back to him then he goes boom and lands in the race course and gets rolled over!

Hold onto your questions, Super Shy Guy dude! I will hopefully be getting something set up where you can e-mail me all your suggestions and I'll answer them back with ease. Should be lotsa fun.

Anyhoos, here's the what I will hope becomes a weekly comic now. You should all hopefully get the main reference in this.

gallery_19_36_113011.png

Hold onto your questions, Super Shy Guy dude! I will hopefully be getting something set up where you can e-mail me all your suggestions and I'll answer them back with ease. Should be lotsa fun.

Anyhoos, here's the what I will hope becomes a weekly comic now. You should all hopefully get the main reference in this.

gallery_19_36_113011.png
Hilarious!!! Especially with memebrs posting thousands of threads about this.

Hilarious!!! Especially with memebrs posting thousands of threads about this.
Heh, what a mock! By the way Fillfall "the member posting thousands of threads about this" is Nin, lol.
giggle.gif

Can someone explain the context of the last comic? Is it a Mario Kart thing? Love the tear at the end, though.

Also, Dan, it may just be me, but the link to Ooby's Mail Bag seems to be broken.

Can someone explain the context of the last comic? Is it a Mario Kart thing? Love the tear at the end, though.

Also, Dan, it may just be me, but the link to Ooby's Mail Bag seems to be broken.

I should probably add in the glitch itself on the first panel, I forgot to do that. It's a Wuhu Mountain Loop/Maka Wuhu glitch reference anyhoos.

And don't worry about the mailbag, I took the page down for the time being to get the whole thing up and running. So now fan mail just yet, heh.

Alright kiddies, it's still got a few minor tweaks such as image optimisation (and a bit more styling, as well as images for the main page buttons, and so on) and what to do if a faulty URL is entered (nothing bad happens, just the page might look blank, I need to do some behind the scenes error checking and whatnot, but too lazy right now) but the Shenanigan Guy site is pretty much done to the extent that I'm happy with the job that it's doing.

Still needs a bit of updating, but I might leave that to Saturday. In the meantime, if you want to have some fun, try out the new "Ooby's Mail Bag" section I've got. You can send me a message that will get e-mailed on over to Shenanigan Guy Headquarters, where it's checked and verified, and then put onto the site and answered by the one and only Ooby.

The site again is: http://shyguyland.comeze.com

And I take no responsibility for any embarrassing baby photos posted on your Facebook page that appear to be impossible to remove. And yeah, I need a new host, yadda yadda. But let's see if I get any errors now, heh.

NintenDan said:
But that's really how I am half the time, working on things into the early hours of the morning with a half-happy smile on my face as I stare at a random, animated GIF of a cat floating up a stair case that I just happened to come across.

Boy did I laugh. Kept up the randomness even when doing a small bio of yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, fixed up those aforementioned bugs with the comics and mailbag page, so now content will display, no matter what you do to the URL. So long as it points to comics.php, the variable can be anything. But really, why bother messing around with it anyway?

Also, going to optimise all of the images for quicker loading, as well as fixing up Issue 037 and uploading Issue 038 to see how it goes.

Just out of curiosity, who here uses RSS feeds? If you do, well the site has it's own RSS feed, which I'll be linking to in the footer shortly. Check it out and let me know how it handles if you have the spare time.

Just making another post as there are a few key points in this, so here goes:
  • Shenanigan Guy site is now finished. Any other improvements will either be aesthetic alterations, or random bugs that appear
  • RSS Feed has been confirmed to work. If you have an RSS Feed aggregator like Google Reader or something, you can now get site updates. I'd like to hear from anybody who uses it
  • Weekly updates on every Saturday/Friday are the goal (this includes the mail bag section of the site, as well as the traditional comic)
Let's see how everything works out. Why I'm putting so much effort in to this, well... it's explained on the about page, go read it if you haven't. *shifty eyes*

EDIT: OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. PHP mail configuration is apparently messed up, but that can't be right, it was sending e-mails only a day ago. Either way, the mail bag doesn't work until further notice. Why? I don't really know, but I'm leaving it a day to see if conditions approve. If not, well then crap, because that means it's something beyond my control. Might be better off just finding a new free webhost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh boy! So far, so good, weekly updates are a go-go. It only takes about an hour to make one, so I surely I can spend one or two hours on my three day long weekends for a simple Shenanigan. Anyways, I'm starting to find that I have multiple jokes in my comics now if they're more than four panels. At least I hope you'll get a laugh out of more than just the last panel.

gallery_19_36_91194.png

Also, I thought Ooby's Mailbag might work out on it's own, but unfortunately, it's messed up. I might've been sending to many e-mails to myself and somebody thinks I'm spamming, when really I was just testing. Damn it.

Back