What're you eating right now?

Last afternoon at work, the boss bought us a little cream bread made from with Hokkaido-made milk, as a symbolic way to respect the victims of the earthquake over there.

I just finished eating breakfast a few moments ago. I had a bowl of cream of wheat and drank some milk with it.

So NameGervin NameGervin are you going to eat some more "exotically" named food soon? Lol

Dang that's not "exotic" lol. I am keeping my hopes up!
Fun fact: over here food from America or Europe are considered exotic, like how they consider Asian food exotic. w
But even then, I noticed that both cases that the more "exotic" a certain food is, the more likely it is it doesn't actually exist in the country they claim it's from.

Lol i dunno, suwako is the best one to answer that methinks
Takeshi called it おにぎり here I believe.
It's usually filled with for example tuna + mayonnaise, half boiled eggs, ham, sea chicken, etc.

I think those who made it available overseas were afraid they would not understand what the food meant, and thought doughnut is well known everywhere.
So they used that word instead.
But why they didn't replace the おにぎり for doughnut is beyond me.

An excellent explanation as always Senpai!

Who dafuq is Takeshi... (just kidding) :p
Anyway thanks senpai for the well detailed explanation, I can't imagine the taste of rice ball jelly-filled lol. :p

Back