Would you play the next Zelda game if Link was female?

Would you play the next Zelda game if Link was female?

• Yes, that would be cool.

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • No, he should always be male.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • You should be able to choose.

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Something else

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

ShyGuyXXL

Awards
Credits
What do you think? Should Nintendo spice things up by turning Link's next incarnation into a female?

And how about swapping Zelda's or even Ganon's gender as well? (If he's in the game)

Or should you be able to choose Link's gender like in Pokemon?

I said something else. Mainly because I don't want to throw out the idea or anything, but at the same time saying no would sound sexist. However I think being able to chose would make the game lose something. I mean I'd play it, but I'm not sure if I'd enjoy it.

I like the thought of a female Link. I mean, to quote the original creator of Lara Croft in an interview before the first game's release: "We decided to go with a sexy female lead rather than a male because well, wouldn't you rather stare at the hind of a sexy woman rather than some bloke's butt?" Although I do like the concept mentioned of choosing gender. But then, it kind of ruins the love story for Link and Zelda, doesn't it? Well, with this day and age almost every woman I know is bisexual so probably not. *sigh*

I like the thought of a female Link. I mean, to quote the original creator of Lara Croft in an interview before the first game's release: "We decided to go with a sexy female lead rather than a male because well, wouldn't you rather stare at the hind of a sexy woman rather than some bloke's butt?" Although I do like the concept mentioned of choosing gender. But then, it kind of ruins the love story for Link and Zelda, doesn't it? Well, with this day and age almost every woman I know is bisexual so probably not. *sigh*

The idea could be to turn Zelda into a male then. ^^ So they could still be in love. IF they are in love. (not like Twilight Princess where they rarely ever see each other...)

Wow...just imagine...if they actually were of the same sex...Imagine the controversy. o_o
People would probably love it though. xD

I'd like female link. It'd be something to get the Zelda fantics who 'want to marry Link, and who are constantly yelling in my ear about his amazingness' off my back.

Vincerific, on 19 Mar 2013 - 22:18, said:I like the thought of a female Link. I mean, to quote the original creator of Lara Croft in an interview before the first game's release: "We decided to go with a sexy female lead rather than a male because well, wouldn't you rather stare at the hind of a sexy woman rather than some bloke's butt?" Although I do like the concept mentioned of choosing gender. But then, it kind of ruins the love story for Link and Zelda, doesn't it? Well, with this day and age almost every woman I know is bisexual so probably not. *sigh*

Off topic, but I keep finding out that people I've known for years are like that. Its like, and I know this doesn't sound P.C, its contagious...

On topic, its Link's spirit that keeps getting reincarnated or something like that (Hyrule Historia manga) so it could happen I suppose. I personally wouldn't mind having to play as a female, but I would prefer to have a choice incase either looked just plain wrong.

Vincerific, on 19 Mar 2013 - 22:18, said:I like the thought of a female Link. I mean, to quote the original creator of Lara Croft in an interview before the first game's release: "We decided to go with a sexy female lead rather than a male because well, wouldn't you rather stare at the hind of a sexy woman rather than some bloke's butt?" Although I do like the concept mentioned of choosing gender. But then, it kind of ruins the love story for Link and Zelda, doesn't it? Well, with this day and age almost every woman I know is bisexual so probably not. *sigh*

Off topic, but I keep finding out that people I've known for years are like that. Its like, and I know this doesn't sound P.C, its contagious...

On topic, its Link's spirit that keeps getting reincarnated or something like that (Hyrule Historia manga) so it could happen I suppose. I personally wouldn't mind having to play as a female, but I would prefer to have a choice incase either looked just plain wrong.

Wait what? I don't get what you are trying to say about my post.

considering link's bloodline is truly where the "hero part" comes from I doubt I personally as an avid Zelda series fan would I disagree that he could be female. in time of need I see no reason why, SHE, cant save the day. Zelda could still be female if they choose that, love or no love the bloodlines fate is to protect Zelda "royal family" and hyrule!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeeeeaah, I'd rather just play as Zelda.

>I'm going out on a limb here, but maybe you could...I don't know, play as Zelda in a Zelda

game?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD-i_games_from_The_Legend_of_Zelda_series#Zelda:_The_Wand_of_Gamelon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD-i_games_from_The_Legend_of_Zelda_series#Zelda.27s_Adventure

As I have mentioned before - two of the many overlooked Zelda games.

Have fun playing those. ;D

I already did the day they came out. My Uncle and I went and bought them. Excuse me, I didn't play the top-down one, I watched him play it. I loved the two cartoon ones, though. They would never hold up nowadays but for their time they were decent, in my opinion.

>I'm going out on a limb here, but maybe you could...I don't know, play as Zelda in a Zelda game?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD-i_games_from_The_Legend_of_Zelda_series#Zelda:_The_Wand_of_Gamelon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD-i_games_from_The_Legend_of_Zelda_series#Zelda.27s_Adventure

Shhhh those games don't exist.

In all seriousness though, I'm not exactly dying to play as Zelda. It just seems like a better option over a female Link. Though if the female Link has both the blood of the goddess and the spirit of the hero...

lol Zelda link to the girls bathroom. Zelda link's cross-dressing. Zelda majoras drag race. Zelda ocarina of that time of the month? Zelda phantom MS.

>>I'm going out on a limb here, but maybe you could...I don't know, play as Zelda in a Zelda

game?lockquote>

Shhhh those games don't exist.

In all seriousness though, I'm not exactly dying to play as Zelda. It just seems like a better option over a female Link. Though if the female Link has both the blood of the goddess and the spirit of the hero...

I see a lot of people insult those games and I HIGHLY doubt anyone on this forum besides me ever played them on the original console they came on when they came out. Emulators aren't the same thing and even then doubtful if most of the people bad-mouthing them even played THAT. I'm not saying they are good or great, but I don't see how people can judge something just because others say it sucks when they never played it for themselves. The controls were horrible but the visuals and humor as well as story and a LOT of the puzzles were great to me. For example, ever play a zelda game where you had to go to Mount Doom and be there for so long that your sword was glowing red hot allowing you to deal more damage and then RUSH to the ice temple, go up a steep slippery slope while dodging penguin-like mobs that knock you down before your sword cools so you can melt a ice door and get a secret inside? I loved that about the game. It was creative and made a lot more sense than "oh look, a candle that burns an entire tree"

Sorry for the double post but i can't edit the last one... once again the quote system screws up for me. If any mod can fix that please so it is in correct order I'd appreciate it, thanks. Once it screws up like that after editing a typo (changed non to on) I can't figure out how to post underneath a quote box and clicking there doesn't work.

Back