Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
It's a new month! It is E3 once more! And new updates for the Gaming Latest forums.

Welcome to another update GL folks, we are into the sixth month of the year and you know what that means, we are half way into the year and its E3! E3 is the biggest time for all gamers as we get to see what we will spend our future time and money on, plus the forum always gets so busy! Not only that but this update is actually on time! It's going to be a great month so to start off...

---- Of the Month ----

I will award this month to テクニカル諏訪子 テクニカル諏訪子 for many great posts across the forum! Thank you and keep it up :)

Topic of the month goes to:

PS4 in final stage of lifecycle

---- Forum is smaller? ----

Guess I'll just take care of this since someone *cough@IntoxNitram cough* is too lazy to say something. :p

But we have decided to condense the forum a bit in areas to make it appear more active and for SEO reasons. These are just a few of the begging steps we are taking to GL v2, if you have any comments on this please let us know.

---- E3 2018 ----

It has indeed been another year folks! The Electronic Entertainment Expo will air once again this year on June 10–14 and Gaming Latest will bring you all the news there is! For the new members, there is usually between 100-300 topics to post on E3 related news, so for one week only I bring out the special E3 boards which will be located at the top of the forum to better view all the news! Then for a week or two I'll condense it into another category before sorting the topics into the normal news board.

Be ready to be active, last year we made over 4k in posts in one month and this year I hope to aim for 5k!

---- Student no more ----

Just a personal update, though I still am waiting for my degree in the mail, I have graduated from college with a Bachelors in Information Technology! Though the job market in my area is a bit skimpy in the related field, I am very confident I will have something lined up by the end of summer. Till then I am greatly enjoying the warm weather, catching up on the forum, having fun with Zelda BotW and just trying to recover from the stress that was college.

---- EU ToS Update ----

As you should have learned by now, the EU reigon of hte world has had a major update to their private information holding policy, which you can see updates on it here for this forum:

EU ToS Update

As a reminder, everyone who signs into this forum agrees to the ToS/Rules.

---- Feedback required ----

As a reminder I am still taking feedback for GL v2 here:

Post all GL V2 Suggestions here

I have been advised to wait till at least Xenforo 2.1 which will be more addon friendly, so the update might be slightly delayed in the future but more on it soon.

---- Forum Contest ----

Expect a topic on this weekend.

That's all for this update folks, lots going on this month so please enjoy, let your friends know about GL and I hope you all hear something great from E3!

Continue to enjoy the forum :)

---- Stats ----

We currently have 379,824 posts and 6,914 members. The board reorg messed up the stats, so look forward to it next month.

Congrats on MOTM!
Glad to finally win an on the month myself, with my thread :p

Yeah I’ve been super busy this past week or so and didn’t get time to announce the changes unfortunately.
Congrats on finishing your degree, wish you the best of luck with starting your career.
E3 is exciting so let’s hope for lots of activity and posts and surprise announcements.

BTW, I didn't receive the nomination "money" this time.
Not that it matters since I never do anything with it any way, it's just something I got with the other nominations.

Wow great updates and I hope I wouldn't look like a fool, f I were to say, I don't know what E3 is.
May be something related to gaming? o_O
Hmmm....

Wow great updates and I hope I wouldn't look like a fool, f I were to say, I don't know what E3 is.
May be something related to gaming? o_O
Hmmm....
Electronic Entertainment Expo, abbreviated to "E3", is a yearly game event held in Los Angles (and a few times in New York as an experiment, which failed), USA.
It's the biggest out there, so it's often seen both by gamers and the entire game industry (developers, publishers, retailers, journalists, etc.) as the most important event for game announcements of every year.

There are things like the Gamescom that's being held in Cologne, Germany, and Tokyo Games Show that's being held in Chiba, Japan.
Both of which are the largest on their respective continents, but are still commonly seen as "yet another games event".

Google translate says thanks and eggplants? Not sure the translator works very well :p
I shall not complain, it's quite a new internet slang in Japan.
ナス (nasu = eggplant) replaces ございます (gozaimasu = to be / to exist) in this case.
It started with a YouTuber who mispronounced ありがとうございます (arigatou gozaimasu = thank you) as ありがとナス (arigato nasu), and gained instant popularity on Twitter, lots of eggplant jokes were created to mean "thank you", and then turned into a slang word.

I shall not complain, it's quite a new internet slang in Japan.
ナス (nasu = eggplant) replaces ございます (gozaimasu = to be / to exist) in this case.
It started with a YouTuber who mispronounced ありがとうございます (arigatou gozaimasu = thank you) as ありがとナス (arigato nasu), and gained instant popularity on Twitter, lots of eggplant jokes were created to mean "thank you", and then turned into a slang word.
Interesting, I should try and learn a language one of these days.

Watching subbed anime helps if you're after asian.
Not entirely, considering the Japanese used in anime differs quite a lot from the Japanese used in real life, which differs from the one used in online chats, which yet again differs from the one used in business, etc.
And it contributes nothing to reading and writing skill.

Not entirely, considering the Japanese used in anime differs quite a lot from the Japanese used in real life, which differs from the one used in online chats, which yet again differs from the one used in business, etc.
And it contributes nothing to reading and writing skill.

true, but it can help you pronounce words.

Back