PlayStation Playstation 5

Read from kotaku and press-start new PS5 models sold in Australia with a new screw and 300 grams lighter:

One small change is a new screw used to attach the PS5 to its stand. Before, this screw could only be tightened or loosened using a tool. Now, the small screw has been changed and you can do it all by hand. What a time to be alive.

Nothing major but a good slight change to the model. It would be interesting to find out how many people have the console set up vertically.

Saw a video on the new model:

They didn't measure the actual heat of the chipset though. Higher exhaust temp means more heat is being removed out of the interior which is a good thing imo.

Last edited:
Read about that on Reddit and I refuse to watch it to give them views. Either they don't know what they're doing or did it purposely so they can use clickbait to get people to watch it.

Reactions: cm2
Read Digital Foundry's analysis on the new model :

Let’s cut right to the chase: no, the new PS5 isn’t “worse” than the original model, as we reported yesterday. In fact, Digital Foundry found no noticeable difference in performance between the launch and the revised console.

Richard Leadbetter has been testing the CFI-1100 series with Remedy Entertainment’s Control, noting that even in a heavy area of the game, the new PS5 draws almost the same max power as the launch unit.

“Whether the machine is hotter or not is still to be tested, but logic suggests that if the new cooling assembly was not up to the task, the fan would be increasing in speed and volume to expel the build-up of heat,” Leadbetter wrote. “This does not seem to be happening – and hours on, the power draw is still consistent too.”

Oddly enough, in Evans’ video, there’s a slight reduction in noise in the new console. As Digital Foundry puts it, this contradicts the notion of a “hotter” machine. Leadbetter theorized that the new fan might be doing a better job of expelling hot air.

Digital Foundry has reached out to Sony to quiz the company about the changes, but has concluded based on its initial testing that the revised PS5 “seems to be much the same as the old one in terms of the experience of actually using it and Sony certainly has the confidence to back the new design.”

I hate that it doesn't cool as well.
Well if the new fan is indeed doing a better job of expelling hot air, then all good. Digital Foundry is going to do a full review on the new model.

Sony just posted video on Expansion M.2 ssd installation:

M.2 SSD storage expansion feature will arrive as part of the September 15, 2021 PS5 firmware update.

More accurate test on the new Ps5 version's temp:

Saw new Jim Ryan interview interview:

PS5 is top notch, I am not a user for now, but I'm optimistic getting it from next year. I checked the price in a local online store the price is simply close to $1,000. Its kinda expensive, but its worth every bit of cash due to its maligned quality.

Read more rumors on Ps5 Pro from hypebeast:

Reports note that Sony is now developing an upgraded model of the PS5 with improved performance to deliver for the 8K gaming segment. The potential version of the next-gen console is expected to be equipped with AMD‘s Embedded G-Series SOC platform, a high-performance, low-power System-on-Chip (SOC) design to provide up to 8K resolution. Along with a CPU powered by the new AMD RDNA and Zen-based 5nm architecture for an enhanced gaming experience.

Reportedly set to be priced at $600-$700 USD, the rumored Sony PlayStation 5 Pro model is now expected to arrive in either 2023 or 2024.

Read more rumors on Ps5 Pro from hypebeast:

Reports note that Sony is now developing an upgraded model of the PS5 with improved performance to deliver for the 8K gaming segment. The potential version of the next-gen console is expected to be equipped with AMD‘s Embedded G-Series SOC platform, a high-performance, low-power System-on-Chip (SOC) design to provide up to 8K resolution. Along with a CPU powered by the new AMD RDNA and Zen-based 5nm architecture for an enhanced gaming experience.

Reportedly set to be priced at $600-$700 USD, the rumored Sony PlayStation 5 Pro model is now expected to arrive in either 2023 or 2024.

PS5 by 2024 for me then :grin:

One thing love about the digital version of PS5 is that, the game won't have issues of malfunctioning just like the CDs does, when it has over stayed.

Back