team:
metagross
charizard
tyranitar
dragonite
breloom
(gives it away T_T) taillow

pm me if you want to battle and we can exchange fcs and arrange a time

Umm... if you would like to battle any of our Gym Leaders (as seen in the first post), then YOU have to pm THEM. Give them some times you are available, and schedule it that way. It works much easier than expecting everyone to keep checking here and pming every single challenger. We only ask you post your team here so we can verify between us challengers do not change up their team to specifically counter each gym.

Are the gym leaders still active cause I have been building a team to challenge you guys! I also really like the cool badges you get for winning!

I've battled and defeated 2 gyms (though for some reasons the mods have still not added my Rain Badge). I think the Dragon and Steel gyms are also close to being complete if they are not already. Otherwise, its been a month or two since I last sent a round of PMs to people asking if they were ready. If they are not, they can be replaced by people wanting to be Gym leaders with actual teams.

ok thanks for replying. I was just wondering if I was doing all this work for nothing. Also Would you guys like me to post my team now? I have 4 lvl 100 and 2 more to go. Both are pretty high level right now.

Hello. Spoony probably knows me well enough to know I'm not signing in here to become a challenger, but to apply in the art of Poison Gym Leader in the event there are some slots available. My team is nearly completed with only 2 members to finalize in breeding and level up. I should be ready within 3 weeks. I can probably start an early "flat rule" within 1 week to mitigate the wait for final team completion. If possible, I'd aim for a toxic badge. If not available, then I'll contently settle on the Soul Badge (few options to the poison type gyms lol). This is assuming that a position is available for me to be a Leader.

Banner.jpg

UPDATES:
  • If you need help getting your Pokemon to level 100, just check out my Pokemon B&B blog entry on quick leveling!
  • Badges have been added! Gym Leaders, please be ready to battle!
  • GYM LEADERS: Just give me the word and I can handle all badge awarding now!
Description:

Bring 6 Pokemon to battle with our Forum's Gym Leaders. Challengers will have to post their team in the official Challenge Thread and cannot change Pokemon throughout their challenge. This will make it easier to keep up with teams and make sure no illegal changes are made. Switching what items your Pokemon are holding between matches is allowed.
To challenge a Gym Leader, post your team here and send a PM to the Gym Leader you would like to battle to arrange a time. Feel free to PM several Gym Leaders at a time to make the process go faster. When you have finished your battle, he/she will alert a mod and have your badge awarded. If there is ever a dispute for any reason, then send me your battle's video code and I will watch it myself (if you did not save your battle then I will take the Gym Leader's word as to the results).

SpoonySage= Ghost
50px-Relic_Badge.png

Fillfall= Dragon
50px-Rising_Badge.png

SupahSonicFan= Grass
50px-Forest_Badge.png

Stardragon= Psychic
50px-Marsh_Badge.png

Porkman= GroundRETIRED

Amyntas= Fighting
50px-Storm_Badge.png

Lord Regal= Bug
50px-Hive_Badge.png

Gelivable64= Steel
50px-Mineral_Badge.png

MrPoetanky= Water
50px-Rain_Badge.png

Rules:

Species Clause- only one of each Pokemon per team (seriously, having to mention this at all is silly, but people do it!)
Item Clause- only one of each type of item (no giving Leftovers to everything!)
Evasion Clause- no using attacks or items that directly up your evasion. This includes Double Team, Minimize, Bright Powder, and Lax Incense (if you have a question about legitimacy, then just ask).
OHKO Clause- no using one hit knock out moves such as Guillotine, Fissure, Horn Drill, and Sheer Cold.
Sleep Clause- you may only put one of your opponent's Pokemon to sleep. If/when it wakes up, you can always put something else to sleep. Rest does not count for this.
Moody Clause- no using a Pokemon with the ability Moody. Simple enough.
Random Bans- No using Drizzle and Swift Swim on the same team. No using Sky Drop (due to glitch). No Soul Dew if you are using Lati@s. You cannot have Latios and Latias on the same team.

Banned Pokemon- Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem (these are all Banned by official Pokemon tournament rules) as well as Speed Boost Blaziken, Wobbuffet, Excadrill, Garchomp, Thundurus, Keldeo, Meloetta. and Genesect.
EXCEPTION- Garchomp and Excadrill CAN ONLY be used on teams that do not have Sandstorm support.

REMEMBER:
First, post your team here. Then send a Private Message to a Gym Leader to arrange a battle time. That is all this thread is for (Gym Leaders may also use it to make announcements). Post any and all questions in the other thread.

how do you enter this

I've battled and defeated 2 gyms (though for some reasons the mods have still not added my Rain Badge). I think the Dragon and Steel gyms are also close to being complete if they are not already. Otherwise, its been a month or two since I last sent a round of PMs to people asking if they were ready. If they are not, they can be replaced by people wanting to be Gym leaders with actual teams.
how do you enter this?

how do you enter this?

I think it says somewhere you post your team in this thread and you message the gym leaders to challenge them.

how do you enter this?

I think it says somewhere you post your team in this thread and you message the gym leaders to challenge them.
This is correct. You post your team here (so you don't switch out to combat each gym) and then shoot the leaders a PM to arrange a time and date.

This is correct. You post your team here (so you don't switch out to combat each gym) and then shoot the leaders a PM to arrange a time and date.

I am almost ready but have 1 question. When I post my team would I ever be able to change like one pokemon around at some point in the future. This is my first time ever attempting to make a competitive team and I might end up failing really bad by missing a good pokemon for the team or realizing there is a fatal weakness in it which hinders me from getting a certain badge. If I am not allowed to switch at all maybe I can post my team and you guys give me dome tips and see if it is any good? I would especially like help from those who play online regularly and are fairly good at the game competitively.

I am almost ready but have 1 question. When I post my team would I ever be able to change like one pokemon around at some point in the future. This is my first time ever attempting to make a competitive team and I might end up failing really bad by missing a good pokemon for the team or realizing there is a fatal weakness in it which hinders me from getting a certain badge. If I am not allowed to switch at all maybe I can post my team and you guys give me dome tips and see if it is any good? I would especially like help from those who play online regularly and are fairly good at the game competitively.
Well, like I said the reason we have people put their teams up ahead of time are so they don't switch things around to handle each gym specifically. I do understand your concern though...although at the same time know that simply having type advantages to everything isn't enough to win. My first challenger faced me three times in a row, and had great type setup against me. However, my strategy won out each time. I would say (although SpoonySage, the one who set this up, should have the final word) that as long as you don't actually start challenging gyms until we give feedback, I don't see a problem with posting a tentative team and asking those of us with extra experience if you're on the right track. Spoony, thoughts?

I agree with everything said here.

To be more specific:
  1. Omen will be made a gym leader as soon as I contact non-active leaders and figure out who to replace on the roster.
  2. Please post your teams here and then PM gym leaders to arrange times for challenges.
  3. Feel free to discuss tactics or ask for help with your team here. If you need to change your team, make another post (Do NOT just edit your old post. For reasons and stuff.) that clearly marks your changes. If we feel you are abusing the right to change teams (for example, you do it every time you lose or face a new gym) then we will just stop accepting your challenges.
  4. REMEMBER: As stated in the beginning, you should only challenge a gym leader 3 times. Should you fail to beat them after that, you should then consider training a new team and trying again. A gym leader does not have to accept more than 3 battles from you, as that is unfair to their schedules.
  5. ALSO REMEMBER: If you do not show up online (posting in the Shoutbox or PMing helps) for your appointed battle within a reasonable amount of time, then that would be considered a forfeit and would use up one of your 3 chances to battle that gym.
  6. I liek ghosts.

Ok so here is my first team (not final)

Infernape
Vileplume
Bellossom
Cacturne
Chandelure
Eelektros

Basically it is a sunny day team mostly focused on high speed pokemon. Infernape I trained to give him high spped and to get te sunny day up fast an some knock out attack in fast. Vileplume and Bellossom both have chlorophyll which boosts their speed even more. Cacturne is in there mainly to help cover the psychic type weakness most of the pokemon have. Eelektros helps out with flying types as they are annoying to the team. I would like to keep the first 3 pokemon but the 3 after that I am not so sure on. Anyone care to give me any tips on what should stay or a pokemon that might make the team a bit better?

Infernape
Vileplume
Bellossom
Cacturne
Chandelure
Eelektros

Basically it is a sunny day team mostly focused on high speed pokemon. Infernape I trained to give him high spped and to get te sunny day up fast an some knock out attack in fast. Vileplume and Bellossom both have chlorophyll which boosts their speed even more. Cacturne is in there mainly to help cover the psychic type weakness most of the pokemon have. Eelektros helps out with flying types as they are annoying to the team. I would like to keep the first 3 pokemon but the 3 after that I am not so sure on. Anyone care to give me any tips on what should stay or a pokemon that might make the team a bit better?
Hmm... Ninetales maybe?

Infernape
Vileplume
Bellossom
Cacturne
Chandelure
Eelektros

Hmm... Ninetales maybe?
A Sunny Day team that is mostly weak to fire is not a great idea, even if you use Chandelure. You may want to get rid of either Vileplume or Bellossom. Ninetails would work much better than wasting a moveslot on Infernape. A dragon might also make a nice addition and help with balancing the types.

Infernape
Vileplume
Bellossom
Cacturne
Chandelure
Eelektros

Hmm... Ninetales maybe?
A Sunny Day team that is mostly weak to fire is not a great idea, even if you use Chandelure. You may want to get rid of either Vileplume or Bellossom. Ninetails would work much better than wasting a moveslot on Infernape. A dragon might also make a nice addition and help with balancing the types.

I might end up having to replace Vileplume even though I worked so hard to get him perfect (well at least as perfect as I was going to get. I did not check IV's). Would a substitute for cacturne work instead? So then there will only be 2 grass, which is not bad right?

As for Infernape, he is my fastest pokemon right now and would like to keep him. I might end up taking out chandlure and cacturne for ninetales and maybe a dragon or dark pokemon. You think that might work well?

With my addition to the list of Leaders, I want to clarify one thing and one thing only about my challenges. I will not put up with excessive complaints about toxic spam / stall. It's a poison "gym". It's like going into a water gym and complaining everything is using scald. I say this because too many people I've played in the past (I love poison types) love to complain about toxic stall. As a pseudo-positive means to flip this message, consider a Cleric (Heal Bell / Aromatherapy user) and consider status healing berries. My challenges, you will face poison status... lots and lots of poison status. To clarify, I mean I don't want my PM spammed with "you're cheap. You're nothing without that toxic." and like minded messages. Having voice chat on and saying "man I hate toxic!" is not what I mean. We all hate status and it gets frustrating. But when that frustration comes out after battle, I have a problem with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a complete noob to these Pokemon things, but may I ask,
It goes like this: (?)
You post a team.
You fight all gym leaders.
You get 1 badge of your choice.
You become a Gym leader.

Because I'm seriously lost here.

I'm a complete noob to these Pokemon things, but may I ask,
It goes like this: (?)
You post a team.
You fight all gym leaders.
You get 1 badge of your choice.
You become a Gym leader.

Because I'm seriously lost here.

Nah. You post your team if you want to challenge the league. You private message a leader if you want to challenge them. When you win a Gym match, you get a badge from that leader (sort of like the in game gym leaders).

Becoming a Gym Leader you pretty much apply to become one and pick a type that isn't taken by someone else. The team you use as a gym leader must be entirely made up of pokemon of that type with either their primary or secondary type being the type you chose. For example, I chose poison. As such, I can use Drapion who is primary Poison and secondary dark. I can also use Gengar who is primary Ghost secondary Poison. However, I can't use a starmie because it's not a poison type in any way.

I namely got an invite from Spoonysage to apply to be a Gym Leader. I'm assuming he pretty much makes the calls who is qualified to be a Gym Leader.

Notice: Poison Gym remains closed as team construction is still being conducted / completed.

Back