N3DS Community League Challenger Thread

If it helps, If Moclon wants to step up to Grass Gym Leader in place of someone inactive, I wouldn't disagree. We've been going over some team construction and I think we've hit a very solid team concept. I can also confirm that the more difficult members of the Grass team will be taken care off (like some very lucrative Dream World pokemon XD). So the matter comes down to two things.

1. Does Moclon want to
2. Does Spoony have a place for this gym
smile.gif

Of course I want to
biggrin.gif

Now I just hope Spoony would let me be the Gym Leader.

If it helps, If Moclon wants to step up to Grass Gym Leader in place of someone inactive, I wouldn't disagree. We've been going over some team construction and I think we've hit a very solid team concept. I can also confirm that the more difficult members of the Grass team will be taken care off (like some very lucrative Dream World pokemon XD). So the matter comes down to two things.

1. Does Moclon want to
smile.gif

Of course I want to
biggrin.gif

Since I've been burned in the past by initiating leaders before their teams were built, I think a new rule for applying leaders be that they already have a at least level 50 team constructed so they are ready to accept battles. Also, maybe I would battle them to test their mettle in an informal challenge (I would use random pokes to simulate a battle, but not my official challenging team)

Since I've been burned in the past by initiating leaders before their teams were built, I think a new rule for applying leaders be that they already have a at least level 50 team constructed so they are ready to accept battles. Also, maybe I would battle them to test their mettle in an informal challenge (I would use random pokes to simulate a battle, but not my official challenging team)

A good idea. My team is nearing completion anyway. I only need to work on my Drapion which will be my goal this weekend.

As for Moclon, I'm pretty much helping with the Grass team so I don't imagine it will be too difficult to get a reasonable team going and have it at least lv. 50 by next week. The rest would be up to Moclon to show some level of skill to pull off the role
smile.gif

I just applied like... 2 or 3 days ago. I hope to show that the dismissal of poison types being weak is a poor judgement XD win or lose I want people to stop and think "huh, that team was actually pretty tough. Maybe I'll use some of those pokemon".

The same reason I went with bug. People always dismiss bugs as being a type with a ton of weaknesses...when I decided I wanted to be a gym leader, I chose bug, not because I absolutely love bug pokemon, but to show that they can be pretty darn good. I think I've done a decent job with that so far.

A good idea. My team is nearing completion anyway. I only need to work on my Drapion which will be my goal this weekend.

As for Moclon, I'm pretty much helping with the Grass team so I don't imagine it will be too difficult to get a reasonable team going and have it at least lv. 50 by next week. The rest would be up to Moclon to show some level of skill to pull off the role
smile.gif

Pfft, level 50 by next week is cakewalk.
But, I get my Treecko only on Monday, so maybe my Treecko will take abit longer to level, I can rush him to level 100 if I get really bored and have no plans that day.

1. Does Moclon want to
smile.gif

Of course I want to
biggrin.gif

I have 4 that are over lv70, and two are still breeding. Please give me some time!

BTW, MrPoetanky is inactive for exactly 2 months...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 4 that are over lv70, and two are still breeding. Please give me some time!

I think he's more so stating how there are people who aren't really active in pokemon who kind of just applied because the position was simply open. We're in the same boat where we are actively working on our teams and making progress. I very highly doubt that it was in anyway meant to be directed towards you.

You, Me, Regal and Spoony (and whoever else may still be active I haven't talked to yet). Forget Indigo/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova League! We will be the ultimate challenge. So bad Eh (canadian humour) that we don't need no Elite 4 or champion! lol

Just as a side note SilentOmen, the fact you have a Scolipede makes me feel better about me not using one in my team...I had one originally to help with speed, but I decided on Shuckle instead to get some much needed "annoying" factor. Glad to see someone else using him!

I haven't tested Spoony or Gelivable yet...but I know that my team is pretty tough...my first challenger got swept all three matches...Lubban used a tactic I had no defense against, and Spoony and my match came down to luck if I remember correctly...and since Pokemon likes to desert me when I need luck, I lost (if one of my friends was on this forum, he'd be able to tell you all sorts of stories when my luck ran out at the wrong moment). Still, three quality challengers, and I'm looking forward to more
smile.gif

Speaking of speed... I realized my team is terribly slow (except for Lucario, not terribly slow, just slow) *checks list of steel types* ONLY 2 STEEL POKEMON HAVE 100+ SPEED?
My reaction:
279.jpg

GAME FREAK! Y U NO ADD MOAR FAST STEEL TYPES?

I might have my team ready for next weekend (if all goes as planned) and will hopefully be able to challenge you guys! I might try and do some online matches first as I have never faced a real competitive opponent before and this is my first ever competitive team. Hope everything turns out ok... ^_^

I might have my team ready for next weekend (if all goes as planned) and will hopefully be able to challenge you guys! I might try and do some online matches first as I have never faced a real competitive opponent before and this is my first ever competitive team. Hope everything turns out ok... ^_^
Same here! This is also my first competitive team. Looking forward to our battle!

I think he's more so stating how there are people who aren't really active in pokemon who kind of just applied because the position was simply open. We're in the same boat where we are actively working on our teams and making progress. I very highly doubt that it was in anyway meant to be directed towards you.

You, Me, Regal and Spoony (and whoever else may still be active I haven't talked to yet). Forget Indigo/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova League! We will be the ultimate challenge. So bad Eh (canadian humour) that we don't need no Elite 4 or champion! lol

I knew he had been inactive but wow... I think he joined just for the sake of becoming a gym leader and then quit after the first string of challengers. If we have to replace him, then more difficult modding will be needed, as I will have to give up my Rain Badge and then it would need to be replaced (unless someone else wanted the role of Water Gym Leader).

Anyways, I am mostly trying to handle these cases as replacements arrive with complete teams so that we don't have this problem again.

I knew he had been inactive but wow... I think he joined just for the sake of becoming a gym leader and then quit after the first string of challengers. If we have to replace him, then more difficult modding will be needed, as I will have to give up my Rain Badge and then it would need to be replaced (unless someone else wanted the role of Water Gym Leader).

Anyways, I am mostly trying to handle these cases as replacements arrive with complete teams so that we don't have this problem again.
I have no plans of going anywhere, so hopefully that'll make your life easier...I didn't train the team for nothing haha (and I might like the forum too...but don't tell anyone)

You could always find a temp fill in for that one Gym slot until it's filled permanently. Considering how plentiful water types are and the fact that my poison team is almost done, I could work on a water team to fill the void until you find someone else so that you don't have to close it. In fact, I probably know a person or two who would step up and fill the role of a Gym Leader active in the pokemon community. Heck, you faced a few of them in that little challenge we had XD

Actually..... now that I think of it there is one person who JUST HAPPENS to be working on a mono water team.

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I know I haven't been active, but I've been busy with leveling up my pokemon and completing a team, and it's not easy with trying to breed pokemon that you want
tongue.gif
! So the Pychic Gym is still closed for team completion.[/font]

Well i've been busy with other stuff for a while so I'm back and ready, the question from me is........Are there any more gym leaders who are battle ready?

Well i've been busy with other stuff for a while so I'm back and ready, the question from me is........Are there any more gym leaders who are battle ready?

I'm nearing completion. I have most of the team bred. It's simply a matter of leveling up / trading with the people who have helped me get some of my team together. Gengar and Amoonguss are ready. Tentacruel requires me to trade for it as does Nidoking. Drapion and Scolipede just need some level up work and I'm good.

A question of curiousity Spoonysage. Are we gym leaders confined to a locked six pokemon or may we breed substitutions so as to switch it up a little bit? Imagine this challenge gets very popular. After a good 20 matches we may grow bored with our team line up. What is the set rule for Gym Leader teams in that regard?

Even though I haven't played for a while, my team is still ready.. Actually one of them isn't lvl 100 yet, but all the others are lvl 100..

Wow, I am really really sorry that i have been inactive for so long...

long story short my laptop was ruined because of water damage and I have been busy pretty much all day everyday working.
Again i apologize for not being around but now that I am done working and have a laptop (obviously) i would like to say: I'm back!!

Now i understand if i am demoted that's fine as long as i can still be accepted by the forum community and partake.

Back