N3DS Community League Challenger Thread

I'm a complete noob to these Pokemon things, but may I ask,
It goes like this: (?)
You post a team.
You fight all gym leaders.
You get 1 badge of your choice.
You become a Gym leader.

Because I'm seriously lost here.

Nah. You post your team if you want to challenge the league. You private message a leader if you want to challenge them. When you win a Gym match, you get a badge from that leader (sort of like the in game gym leaders).

Becoming a Gym Leader you pretty much apply to become one and pick a type that isn't taken by someone else. The team you use as a gym leader must be entirely made up of pokemon of that type with either their primary or secondary type being the type you chose. For example, I chose poison. As such, I can use Drapion who is primary Poison and secondary dark. I can also use Gengar who is primary Ghost secondary Poison. However, I can't use a starmie because it's not a poison type in any way.

I namely got an invite from Spoonysage to apply to be a Gym Leader. I'm assuming he pretty much makes the calls who is qualified to be a Gym Leader.

Notice: Poison Gym remains closed as team construction is still being conducted / completed.

Mostly correct there. We only go to 8 leaders (like all of the games and TV shows) and if you want to be a leader, you can apply as said above, then get added when another leader retires (although a lot of the current leaders I haven't seen around in a while, so now's the time to apply). Also note that if you're a leader, you can also challenge the other gyms. You don't need to use your gym team, rather post a "challenge" team and go to fight the others. If you beat all 7 other gyms, you also get your own badge as commemoration.

I'm a complete noob to these Pokemon things, but may I ask,
It goes like this: (?)
You post a team.
You fight all gym leaders.
You get 1 badge of your choice.
You become a Gym leader.

Because I'm seriously lost here.

Nah. You post your team if you want to challenge the league. You private message a leader if you want to challenge them. When you win a Gym match, you get a badge from that leader (sort of like the in game gym leaders).

Becoming a Gym Leader you pretty much apply to become one and pick a type that isn't taken by someone else. The team you use as a gym leader must be entirely made up of pokemon of that type with either their primary or secondary type being the type you chose. For example, I chose poison. As such, I can use Drapion who is primary Poison and secondary dark. I can also use Gengar who is primary Ghost secondary Poison. However, I can't use a starmie because it's not a poison type in any way.

I namely got an invite from Spoonysage to apply to be a Gym Leader. I'm assuming he pretty much makes the calls who is qualified to be a Gym Leader.

Notice: Poison Gym remains closed as team construction is still being conducted / completed.

Mostly correct there. We only go to 8 leaders (like all of the games and TV shows) and if you want to be a leader, you can apply as said above, then get added when another leader retires (although a lot of the current leaders I haven't seen around in a while, so now's the time to apply). Also note that if you're a leader, you can also challenge the other gyms. You don't need to use your gym team, rather post a "challenge" team and go to fight the others. If you beat all 7 other gyms, you also get your own badge as commemoration.

Oh okay, thanks guys~

I COULD apply to the grass gym leader, but sadly I have a horrible team right now, maybe once I get some better pokemons I will, untill then I hope the spot wont be taken >.<

Whenever I get my 3DS repaired...I'm so claiming all of these badges. Be ready.

Whenever I get my 3DS repaired...I'm so claiming all of these badges. Be ready.

Mph, are you getting it repaired because of the button issue?

Also, if I become a gym leader before you get your 3DS, you will NEVER get the grass badge
biggrin.gif

Too bad that probably wont happen, I probably need to keep only my Serperior and get completely new pokemons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh, my team will be almost ready if I can get my hands on a Piplup...

Ahh, my team will be almost ready if I can get my hands on a Piplup...

Check your PM and get back to me on that. I think I can help you out.

I was a gym leader, but dropped since I had no way to really play online...that and winning the badges will be much funner.

If I can get my hands on a Bulbasaur and level up my 2 last pokemons, I'll apply for a grass gym leader.

Too bad no one has Bulba's.

If I can get my hands on a Bulbasaur and level up my 2 last pokemons, I'll apply for a grass gym leader.

I could probably be the one to help you with that Bulbasaur. I work weekends and am a little more difficult to get a hold of Thursday - Sunday but I can breed a Bulbasaur while I'm at work. Also, I'd love to help coach you on team construction to make a really good grass team for a leader position. I sort of have a knack for team advice (I think Spoony supports this statement XD)

I could probably be the one to help you with that Bulbasaur. I work weekends and am a little more difficult to get a hold of Thursday - Sunday but I can breed a Bulbasaur while I'm at work. Also, I'd love to help coach you on team construction to make a really good grass team for a leader position. I sort of have a knack for team advice (I think Spoony supports this statement XD)

I already know which pokemons I want to use,
I could use help with that Bulbasaur, and with some Moveset advice tho
biggrin.gif

I'll PM you and maybe you can help me a bit
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I hope that I have given you a lot to consider and helped increase the idea of team dynamics for you through our PM chat
smile.gif

for some weird reason, I didn't knew there was a Poison Gym leader here. ^_^ I am actually making myself a Poison team. And maybe I could also work on a ghost team, even with all their weakness.

for some weird reason, I didn't knew there was a Poison Gym leader here. ^_^ I am actually making myself a Poison team. And maybe I could also work on a ghost team, even with all their weakness.

I just applied like... 2 or 3 days ago. I hope to show that the dismissal of poison types being weak is a poor judgement XD win or lose I want people to stop and think "huh, that team was actually pretty tough. Maybe I'll use some of those pokemon".

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I hope that I have given you a lot to consider and helped increase the idea of team dynamics for you through our PM chat
smile.gif

VERY helpful, I PM'ed you back at the build I liked and will use.
Now that I have everything written down, I'll just quickly get them and level them up, thanks ALOT!!!
I'm now afraid to challenge the posion gym, knowing you're the leader T_T

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

smile.gif

Now that I have everything written down, I'll just quickly get them and level them up, thanks ALOT!!!

If it helps, I'm very good with a lot of the calcs and the theory, but my prediction has been rusty lately lol. Don't lose heart when facing a strong opponent though. The whole point to any gym challenge is to grow and learn. That's at least why I'm doing it. I don't need a string of victories. More than anything, I gain more when people I help grow stronger and wiser
smile.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

smile.gif

If it helps, I'm very good with a lot of the calcs and the theory, but my prediction has been rusty lately lol. Don't lose heart when facing a strong opponent though. The whole point to any gym challenge is to grow and learn. That's at least why I'm doing it. I don't need a string of victories. More than anything, I gain more when people I help grow stronger and wiser
smile.gif

Hehe, it's just that I KNOW that I'll fail, but in the future, you can expect me to challenge you!

I just applied like... 2 or 3 days ago. I hope to show that the dismissal of poison types being weak is a poor judgement XD win or lose I want people to stop and think "huh, that team was actually pretty tough. Maybe I'll use some of those pokemon".

We poison users think the same I think. ^_^ I want to prove that poison is not such a bad team. I just caught a Gastly on dream world ^_^ wanted one for a long time.

Admittedly, I always disliked poison simply because I hated Koga. Also, Amoongus and Drapion on a toxic-based team DOES sounds very trollish, but I like a mix of tactics in the gyms. You'll have to let me know when your team is ready (though my challenger team did not take in consideration a poison gym!)

If it helps, If Moclon wants to step up to Grass Gym Leader in place of someone inactive, I wouldn't disagree. We've been going over some team construction and I think we've hit a very solid team concept. I can also confirm that the more difficult members of the Grass team will be taken care off (like some very lucrative Dream World pokemon XD). So the matter comes down to two things.

1. Does Moclon want to
2. Does Spoony have a place for this gym
smile.gif

Back